Best leveling class

2»

Comments

• i was thinking why arc(chivalry) can't be used against denizen? it is like area-wide attack or something. heh. But then i realized i might kill any adventurers as well along with those denizens.

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
  • So with 19 int and a collar, I do like way more than that list says?

Assuming you have diadem, and that collar is level 3, then 242 DPS for you (Thanks Sena!) and a little more if you're quick-witted, we'll say ~266 DPS. Not the highest damage, but you're probably very survivable with that 19 int diamondskin and SoA at least. Then of course there's stormhammer if you get the opportunity to use it optimally.

Chat with other players in real time on your phone, browser, or desktop client:
    Come join the Achaea discord!
  • edited June 2014
    So magi is literally the worst bashing class.
    Not quite, staffcast is just the worst bashing attack. Stormhammer is situationally amazing, and I think they still have good physical resistance, plus reflect. Magi isn't nearly as good as it used to be though, they suffered a lot from the racial changes (grook used to have fast eq and 17 int, when stats made a bigger difference), and the stone/diamondskin nerfs.

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!

with 17 int and a level 2 collar I do about.. 350 dps on average I think

Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Worst bashing for me was Jester. What a nightmare. 

Slipperiness have any impact? 

Serpent was horrid, too.

• CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    Valaria said:

i was thinking why arc(chivalry) can't be used against denizen? it is like area-wide attack or something. heh. But then i realized i might kill any adventurers as well along with those denizens.

Good, that's more experience, and they might not have even put there gold in there pack so there's more gold too!

• MasarykMasaryk Sangre Plains
    Sena said:

Druid/Sentinel: 167 with reflexes, 125 without reflexes

Really thought it would have been higher with reflexes on. Especially since it drains my endurance oh so very fast...

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States

Blademaster is pretty decent I find, especially with any of the levels of bands. Plus, you can choose, do you want durability, speed, damage, or a balance of the three? Depending on the area, I'll fight in Sanya, Thyr, or Mir, completely situational, but even with a lvl 1 band, I still get about a 2 sec (I think) balance in Mir.

• edited June 2014
    Kresslack said:

even with a lvl 1 band, I still get about a 2 sec (I think) balance in Mir.

Really? From the numbers I have (base 2.5s, +20% balance for Mir, -5% per band level, -10% for nimble), I'd expect Mir with a level 1 band to be about 2.5-2.6 seconds. If Mir isn't actually that slow, it's a much more attractive option than I thought.

• I'm seriously considering switching to Bard, but there's no way I can afford a good shield and weapon. I just spend the only 10k I had for a set of curatives.

• edited June 2014

Bard is actually a pretty good choice for low-cost bashing. A lot of your damage as a bard will come from accentato, which doesn't depend on weapon stats for damage (your balance still depends on the speed stat though, and everything depends on swashbuckling), so you can bash just fine with a cheap rapier.

Bucklers make so little difference that a lot of players don't bother with them at all, even when they have millions of gold. You probably won't notice the difference if you go without one. If you do want one, they usually only cost a few hundred gold. Leather armour is also pretty cheap.

• JamethielJamethiel Adelaide
    edited June 2014

The best levelling class wold surely be DIVINE wouldn't it, @Sarapis‌ - last time I was even just a tad Divine (in the Bal'met event) zapping was incredibly powerful and fast.

ETA: The zaps were fat.

• Jamaethiel what does that mean?

• edited June 2014
    Sena said:
    Kresslack said:

even with a lvl 1 band, I still get about a 2 sec (I think) balance in Mir.

Really? From the numbers I have (base 2.5s, +20% balance for Mir, -5% per band level, -10% for nimble), I'd expect Mir with a level 1 band to be about 2.5-2.6 seconds. If Mir isn't actually that slow, it's a much more attractive option than I thought.

You are right Sena, as I have nimble +lvl1 band and my balance is about 2.55 to 2.75 seconds in mir. It only reaches 2.75 because of my ping of 115-190 at times.

• JamethielJamethiel Adelaide
    edited June 2014

@Tanae‌ - as part of a very large event where many, many Divine died, Lady Maya (similar in role and power to Lord @Tecton) sacrificed Herself to allow players to enjoy demo-god-hood. This allowed us to have every skill in the game (I think) including the ability to zap things....such as Dal'myrr associated with Bal'met.

Here is one thing that I actually urge you to do: learn about the land's lore - distant past, remembered past and recent past. Put yourself in the people's footsteps - I can't etch out the vivid image of Lord Scarlatti singing the lament for all the Gods. What would have it been like to have met Lady Servelan and see Lady Eris ascend? What's it -really- like to be @Ruth, or @Dunn, @Ravien, @Havyn or @Verrucht‌.

Why? Because it gave me depth. I wasn't just some newbie from Loom on a minor adventurer. I convinced myself that one day I'd be one of those elder dragons who SAVED the Gods Themselves from certain defeat and I thought tooth and nail to have a ceremony that befitted me and my character. I'm not sure I'd really want to ascend and have to contend with mortals' constant complaining (I'd have to listen to people like me whinge - sheesh) but every year, Lord @Tecton gives us the opportunity to apply if we think we have what it takes.

And I'm not really wanting to knock @Verrucht‌ off his perch. If I did, who would I complain to?

The best levelling class is YOU. Immerse yourself. Become YOU. You'll level regardless ... whether that's because you can find a high level hunting group to hang around with and be the talkative centre of the hunting party. Or whether because you're like me and you're a stubborn dolt who'll stay in one of the WORST hunting classes ever (@scarlatti do you remember the OLDER OLDER bard class - gawd that was hopeless at hunting), you'll be the best leveller if you WANT TO BE IMMERSED IN THE GAME.

Come, join us.

• The answer is monk, period.  If highest DPS, crit rate, survivability doesn't sell you, then mindnet, fullsense, and mind sense (all extremely useful anti-gank methods) that allow you to safely bash otherwise stupid areas for lowbies/midbies to be in (UW, Annwyn).

There are a list of alternatives, but the margin between 1st and 2nd+ place in this contest is pretty massive.
  • @sena@sena@sena@sena

What about a sentinel with lvl 3 handaxe instead of using maul?

aaaaand what happens if you slap on some knuckles and str arties on the mauls?

(if you have a sentinel alt I can help with testing!)

• Rangor sentinel was something I was considering trying too. Would you recommend it?

• edited June 2014

Not after they nerfed it to hell. :P

I have a faint hope that they will adjust it back to worthwhile some time in the future though.

• aw thats unforunate to hear.

• Rangor said:
    What about a sentinel with lvl 3 handaxe instead of using maul?

aaaaand what happens if you slap on some knuckles and str arties on the mauls?
    I gave fully artied rankings here (since this thread was asking specifically about unartied, so it didn't seem entirely on-topic).

A level 3 handaxe (with knife thrower) is 100 DPS at 12 str without nimble, 158 at 20 str with nimble.
    If you somehow got your hands on an amazing handaxe with 150 damage and 250 speed, that would still only be 139 with 12 str without nimble, 220 at 20 str with nimble. And it would cost 50 endurance per throw.
  • I forgot about reflexes for the handaxe stuff, and it's too late to edit the post. So, that should be:

L3 axe, 12 str, knife thrower, reflexes, no nimble: 133
    L3 axe, 20 str, knife thrower, reflexes, nimble: 211
    150/250 axe, 12 str, knife thrower, reflexes, no nimble: 185
    150/250 axe, 20 str, knife thrower, reflexes, nimble: 293
  • Does 150/250 mean 150 dmg 250 to hit? Also how would you get your strength that high? I have a strength spec and I'm only at 14

• edited July 2014

150/250 is 150 damage and 250 speed, since I'm ignoring to-hit for this.

Base strength for troll, satyr, or xoran is 13, you can add 2 with a strength spec, and then 1 more with the major trait, for a total of 16. Then level 3 artefact gauntlets add 3 strength, and jera adds 1, so you can get 20. Any higher would require divine favours, class abilities, or an expensive temporary strength elixir from the Shop of Wonders. Or dragon, which has a base strength of 18, so they can get 22 with gauntlets and jera.

• +1 Icon!