Best Armour/Weapon/Shield for the Alchemist Class

I was wondering 3 things: 

1:What Armour benefits the Alchemist class best? I know ringmail is listed but, I heard there are others as well.

2: What is the best weapon for an Alchemist class if any?

3: What Shield benefits the Alchemist class best? I know Calavary is listed but, I heard there are others as well.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Generally, follow HELP ARMOR. It lists the best you can use. There's no point in wearing anything less, there's no mechanical difference between them beyond their stats.

You don't need a weapon.

You can use ALIST to look at all your armor stats, including shields. Just use the one with the highest numbers.

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!

the best armor for an alchemist, shouldn't that be the robe they make? Or can they wear ringmail with that?

Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• edited June 2014
    They can wear both. So it's robes with whatever prime is needed at the moment (lead/salt are the two primary IIRC, not sure on the rest) and then the armor and shield. They're tanky as fuck if they tune the robes right.

• Thanks for the help I appreciate it.

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!

As for the shield, as @Nellaundra said HELP ARMOR shows the best, but there is an alternative option (shield of absorption) though this is best kept until later

Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• About the shield:

Shield of Absorption is the alternative option that I heard about.

About the robes:

I'm interested in knowing more about the stats on them.  

• For the robes, you can choose any 4 resistances (out of blunt, cutting, magic, psychic, electric, asphyxiation, cold, fire, or poison), and you can switch those resistances at any time. It takes 10 seconds of equilibrium to switch all 4 slots, or 5 seconds for a single slot. The blunt and cutting resistances are 12%, all the others are 10%.

• Thanks that really helps. You guys are awesome!