Why are Maklak's forces killing their own guardian?

13»

Comments

• edited June 2014
    Strata said:

@Strata your avatar is bad enough, I really think the forums should draw the line at "hilarious" disabled kid images. Flagged.

@everyoneelse: Please continue, the ranting is juicy and delicious.

I'm sorry you lack context and are unable to recognize harmless memes. I will kindly point you to my avatar where you can note my cardboard box veil of the sphinx and my strange white syringe-looking Thoth's fang. If you find these things offensive, might I ask you why you have not installed @Daeir's script? Also, feel free to ignore my character in game. Because anyone as obnoxious as one with such a "hilariously distasteful" avatar who posts outdated memes to forums MUST be the same way in character.

Carry on, crybabies!

P.S.: I am secretly rooting for Yudhi to win.

You seem to think that because something is a "meme" it can't be in bad taste or that is somehow absolves you from any responsibility for using it.  It doesn't.  Memes are just a way of communicating - it's like language.  You can't blame the dictionary if you use words in a way that makes you a douche.  Using those images (and your avatar) to make unimportant lulzy points about an internet game is lazy, it's stupid and it's offensive - maybe you're not the kind of person who can put yourself in someone else's shoes and imagine why using those images in that way might be hurtful.  That there are people who spend their whole lives looking after kids like that and see them as something worthwhile rather than a handy punchline to a crappy joke.  If you are: I can't help you, you're a dick.  If you're not then have the good grace to admit you fucked up and delete the post.

@Blujixapug I'm sure if @Rho did it, it was tasteful and hilarious (shut up)

ETA: Why is quoting broken >:/

• StrataStrata United States of Derp
    I'm going to have to go with the first category seeing as the time limit is up and I can't delete my admitted screw-up. Next time you're welcome to bring things up in a PM instead of derailing with your pitchfork, @Vansittart. Back under the bridge now. Bye!
    You may not be able to help me, but I think some fresh air might help you.

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    edited June 2014

I find it amusing that a certain person flagged a post as offensive due to the memes contained therein, then proceeded to post an offensive (language and religious) meme in the same thread less than two hours later.

When I say amusing, I am being sarcastic. It's disappointing.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Way to quote, loser.

Yes it was hilarious. Does anyone remember the Underworld event from several years ago? Team Red and Team Blue or whoever were battling in the Underworld on behalf of two NPC factions. Any time anyone died, it generated this little soul gem thing, and you needed soul gems to win the event, with the idea being that people would PK each other and it would be great fun. Instead, Rho had himself be absolved and rezzed over 9000 times.

I think the point is that the fastest way between two points is a straight line, and players will find straight lines, no matter how much jazzing up they're going to need to sound good in an Events post.

The best part about this event was losing the Dominars and getting to brag about my now special snowflake honors line! Weeeeeeeee

Klendathu said:

I find it amusing that a certain person flagged a post as offensive due to the memes contained therein, then proceeded to post an offensive (language and religious) meme in the same thread less than two hours later.

When I say amusing, I am being sarcastic. It's disappointing.

Le sigh. I was going to kind of point that out but my avatar said no.

• TohranTohran Everywhere you don't want to be. I'm the anti-Visa!

Oh name and shame, it was me who posted that and flagged Strata's post. Usually I enjoy what everyone posts, no matter how offensive, I'm like that. 

Just remember, when dealing with me...

Yeah that was in poor taste. At the time I thought it was pretty accurate in explaining each city's stance on the Reckoning but could have done better.

@Vansittart if you want a more personal apology feel free to PM if your flag was sincere. I highly doubt the others were.
  • I don't even know.  I've just been hunting the outpost because I sit at the kids' table.

My personal thoughts?  I like that the admins are doing things, but why is it mostly "Grind Grind Grind"?

Grinding is booooooooooooring.

*Animated Signature*

• Zii said:
    I don't even know.  I've just been hunting the outpost because I sit at the kids' table.

My personal thoughts?  I like that the admins are doing things, but why is it mostly "Grind Grind Grind"?

Grinding is booooooooooooring.

Hop into the meat grinder at Poly/Tundra when the guardians are up. It's some fierce back and forth.

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Strata said:
    Yeah that was in poor taste. At the time I thought it was pretty accurate in explaining each city's stance on the Reckoning but could have done better.

@Vansittart if you want a more personal apology feel free to PM if your flag was sincere. I highly doubt the others were.

My flag was quite sincere and those who LOL'ed should be ashamed of themselves.

• edited June 2014

People will always torment the things they don't personally know and understand.  It makes them feel better about themselves.  This is why we have people who use people born with illnesses as a punchline - and also happens to be a key value of the Republican Party.  Bam, went there.

• Jesus Christ I'm speechless

• Strata said:

No worries - the forums are such a bear-pit, I can see why you'd assume people didn't really care and were just looking for an opportunity to go after you.  Says good things that you would have deleted them if the time hadn't passed.

My quoting is still broken though :(
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!

@Vansittart if you're finding quotes a problem, press the </> icon, that shows you the codes for the quote box, simply place your cursor after it, and you'll no longer have the problem of "broken quotes"

Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• JamethielJamethiel Adelaide

wot Fred I'm A weeding?