Houseless city member

2»

Comments

• Jhaeli said:
    @Florentino is clearly forum-rping. 

Cyrene is generally pretty understanding. I mean, Herenicus was able to join the city for a time, if I remember right (I was dormant at the time). So unless you've done something particularly bad, they're likely to forgive, especially if you're young and especially if you've otherwise behaved since. And if it's just from being a citizen of Mhaldor, it's likely easy to get past.

Don't think I have personal grievances against Cyrene that make me say this, I don't. Cyrene was one of the more fun places I played in, but they do hold grudges for an unreasonably long time. I have personal experience with this as do others coming from a Mhaldorian background trying to join Cyrene. The fines and sentence lengths are also crazy :(

It won't be that difficult for a not-very-established young player to try and join any city in the game. You just need to be sincere and roleplay it out for the most part.

• edited June 2014
    If you've made a point of breaking a city's laws and generally being a nuisance in the past, then yeah, it's going to get tougher to get it. You can't just go from raiding and thieving from a populace to "HAI GUYS! Can we be friends?" just like that. 

But if you're under 30 and have only been enemied for being a citizen of Mhaldor, it shouldn't be that difficult to get inside and that's what I meant by Cyrene being fairly reasonable. As for longer sentences and higher fines, see previous arguments made by others already in this thread!

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• This is interesting. If you are enemied to a certain organisation/ city, does it go away after a time, or do you face a penalty?

• Ayena said:

This is interesting. If you are enemied to a certain organisation/ city, does it go away after a time, or do you face a penalty?

I've been enemied to Mhaldor since the third day of playing Lucine.  So about 3 RL years.  The only way it would go away is if I approached someone from Mhaldor and asked to pay off my fine.

If it's a village other than Caer Witrin, though, it will go away.

• If you're enemied to a city, you aren't allowed to enter it (and the city's guards will attack you on sight if you do), and citizens of that city probably won't be very friendly towards you.

If you're enemied to a house or clan, it's not such a big deal, it doesn't really change anything except maybe for how members of that house/clan interact with you (if they even notice you're an enemy, since most people only bother checking for city enemies if they care at all).

Player-run shops can also deny service to enemies of certain organisations. So if you're enemied to Cyrene, for example, you'll find shops in other places (like Hashan and Delos) that won't sell you anything. That can also happen without being enemied anywhere, since some shops deny service to all members of a certain city or organisation.

• Houseless is overrated.  Join Mhaldor, you all will in the end.

*Animated Signature*

• Most restaurants and bars will sell to city enemies.

Man needs his holoburgers.