Why are Maklak's forces killing their own guardian?

Comments

• I like you Mizik, but you'r pretty much completely wrong.

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm

From a personal point of view, there is absolutely no point in going up to the Tundra during the (GMT) day when it's being farmed by @Rangor‌ @Alrena @Exelethril‌ etc because within 10 seconds of arriving, there's three dragons lolstomping Klendathu before he can even Gare back out, therefore it becomes an exercise in futility. I'd rather spend my time hunting the areas normally hunted out (Istarion, Annwyn, UW) than praying.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • edited June 2014

The ship thing lasted the first 12? 20? hours, wyverns lasted 2-3 days (and got gradually nerfed, thankfully. People were being so silly with them!). I don't think you've been coordinating with Mhaldor, but there isn't much coordination necessary when it's your usual fighters + Mhaldor snipers/soulspears/Xinna (can't bunch her in with the rest). Eleusis/Targossas don't usually overlap population wise, we might get a window where there's a lot of both, but typically it's a handful of one and primarily the other. Cyrene usually sends 0 to 1 people. There have been 6-7 hour time frames where Mhashtan's unstoppable, 6-7 hours where we're unstoppable, and overlaps where we get some crazy fights, like when we fought you guys on Poly for an hour straight yesterday - or the first time you guys went after Oughlor.

I think it's been a pretty much even event, just hope I'm not wrong about killing Oughlor being primarily a delaying tactic vs giving you guys a huge point income advantage. That's what a lot of people thought it was, which I think was where most of the frustration came from.

i'm a rebel

• @Klendathu you're more than welcome to bash tundra critters during GMT time. I just suggest you bail out when the giant comes up. Otherwise, I sure don't mind the help in summoning Oughlor! :wink: 

• Alrena said:

@Klendathu you're more than welcome to bash tundra critters during GMT time. I just suggest you bail out when the giant comes up. Otherwise, I sure don't mind the help in summoning Oughlor! :wink: 

That's the other thing that's annoying.  I don't like the idea of bashing Tundra NPCs for two hours just so Mhashtan can materialize and kill Oughlor when they're finally all dead.  The whole thing just doesn't make any sense, IMO.

• Mizik said:

@thread

Totally know how you feel. Like when:

*Staff was held in god mode ships by Targ

*Targossas was given wyverns

*Team blue fist killed their own guardian

*Oughlor straightforward as fuck to kill, where Rakia takes specific tactics and will cock smash all hostiles if anyone comes to defend it. Virtually turns all of Polyargos into no-man's land

*Ashtan decided to solo Eleusis/Targossas/Cyrene (I get it, we shouldn't win them all, it'll be better for the game if we let team blue/green get one - but god is it tough to swallow)

*All Polyargos denizens hit for asphyx damage and give no xp - fk you Maklak blessing vs fire - then I bash ice stuff for 20 min in group of 5 and gain 3%

*95% of Ashtan useless in their confidence that A-Team will protect/win for them. Either quit to other factions, switch to combat alts, be obscure afk alt char.

All my butthurt sore losing aside, do like excuse for conflict. Lots of 4v15 action. A-Team vs tri-city Icon armies.

I'm not Dragon enough. Every time I go to Poly or Tundra I die at least 5 times.

My pride,  it hurts.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • edited June 2014

Ladies and gentlemen, Exhibits A, B, and C in "Why [insert faction] would rather fight [insert opposing faction other than Targossas] here.

@Ernam whines, @Tesha equivocates, and @Alrena says "Hey guys, they can totally do all the work for us and we can gank them".

• Atalkez said:
    Mizik said:

@thread

*Oughlor straightforward as fuck to kill, where Rakia takes specific tactics and will cock smash all hostiles if anyone comes to defend it. Virtually turns all of Polyargos into no-man's land

*Ashtan decided to solo Eleusis/Targossas/Cyrene (I get it, we shouldn't win them all, it'll be better for the game if we let team blue/green get one - but god is it tough to swallow)

*All Polyargos denizens hit for asphyx damage and give no xp - fk you Maklak blessing vs fire - then I bash ice stuff for 20 min in group of 5 and gain 3%

*95% of Ashtan useless in their confidence that A-Team will protect/win for them. Either quit to other factions, switch to combat alts, be obscure afk alt char.

All my butthurt sore losing aside, do like excuse for conflict. Lots of 4v15 action. A-Team vs tri-city Icon armies.

I'm not Dragon enough. Every time I go to Poly or Tundra I die at least 5 times.

My pride,  it hurts.

Needs more totem propping, battleaxes for style points and less needle dsls.

• Rangor said:
    Atalkez said:
    Mizik said:

@thread

My pride,  it hurts.

Needs more totem propping, battleaxes for style points and less needle dsls.

No more totems. Or axes

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
    Alrena said:

@Klendathu you're more than welcome to bash tundra critters during GMT time. I just suggest you bail out when the giant comes up. Otherwise, I sure don't mind the help in summoning Oughlor! :wink: 

But then I'd be doing exactly what's being complained about... :|

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • I don't really care. A fraction of a percent of the player base is posting, about an event that affects a very small fraction of the playerbase. This is like listening to corporate vice-presidents complain about which imported coffee they drink when they buy out yet another elected official.

Point proven - shame on me for having a trigger to pick up gold and shards when they're dropped!

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Klendathu said:
    Point proven - shame on me for having a trigger to pick up gold and shards when they're dropped!

Gunsou Klendathu Eula (male Xoran).
    He is 307 years old, having been born on the 19th of Chronos, 350 years after the fall of the Seleucarian Empire.
    He is ranked 40th in Achaea.
    He is the 44th ranked combatant with a rating of 100.
    He is an extremely credible character.
    He is not known for acts of infamy.
    He is a member of the Quisalis Mark.
    He is a Consul in Ashtan.
    He is a Mercenary in the army of Ashtan.
    He is considered to be approximately 95% of your might.
    He is a mentor and able to take on proteges.
    His motto: 'Cyntaf ymhlith cyfartal.'
    He bears the arms: Sable, on a pile Or, a griffin displayed Gules.
    See HONOURS DEEDS KLENDATHU to view his 16 special honours.

Gaian Ellodin Longshanks, Magistrar of Battle (male Red Dragon).
    He is 265 years old, having been born on the 18th of Scarlatan, 392 years after the fall of the Seleucarian Empire.
    He is ranked 31st in Achaea.
    He is an extremely credible character.
    He is not known for acts of infamy.
    He is a member of the Ivory Mark.
    He is a Warden in Eleusis.
    He is a Reaper of the Chaff in the army of Eleusis.
    He is a member of the ruling council of Eleusis, with the title of Leath-ri.
    He is considered to be approximately equal to your might.
    He is a mentor and able to take on proteges.
    His motto: 'In victory or defeat, always we fight on.'
    He has been engaged to be married to Huripari Wysteria for 76 months.
    He has been divorced 3 times.
    He bears the arms: Gules, a wolf rampant Argent.
    See HONOURS DEEDS ELLODIN to view his 13 special honours.

Yes, if you go to either Polyargos or the Tundra and you're a mark, the chances of you getting killed is very high. We very very often have a good bit of Ashtan up there, camping and killing anyone they have the excuse to (mainly marks), but they'll leave the others alone (just like we would). That's part and parcel of this event, you're in a high-traffic area where the opposing side holds an outright interest in the resource you're hunting, and you're allowed to be attacked (in some form). As for Rangor's comment, he was likely just rolling with it. I'm sure you picking up the gold made them notice you, but the reason was more your status. No one cares about 1k~ gold that hard.

And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • edited June 2014

Actually, I specifically said on party not to go after him because we already took down the giant and it was most likely @Klendathu was just getting a blessing. @Ellodin does take his gold srs, though! No other Eleusians chased after him.

edited June 2014

OK. I'm wrong. Carry on.

(Still proves the point there's no point in Klendathu going to Tundra during the GMT day due to the speed at which he gets attacked)

• From what I recall @Daeir help the sceptre on a ship while @Tesha was sleeping. When she logged in I am not sure how long she was on the ship but for most of the time she held it she wasn't on a ship. She was in the Dreamspear and none of you thought to check places like that. God mode? not really

• Where does the facet come from? you'd have to think the facet Oughlar holds has to come at a cost to Maklak right? So it doesn't make sense to me why he would want you to kill Oughlar.  Idk seems almost as classless as the Mhaldorians following people in the outpost stealing gold and corpses in a pvp free zone.

• CarmellCarmell Eastern Washington
    edited June 2014

2014/06/25 08:01:33 - A shrine at 'Targa Road through low hills' was destroyed.
    2014/06/25 08:02:49 - A shrine at 'South of the Eusian Falls' was destroyed.
    2014/06/25 08:03:51 - A shrine at 'Lakeside hilltop' was destroyed.
    2014/06/25 08:05:14 - A shrine at 'Chapel Street in front of a church' was destroyed.
    2014/06/25 08:06:17 - A shrine at 'Atop the mountain' was destroyed.

So they are allowed to hunt both sets of creatures and this is the end result.  Yep thank you.  Glad I can just go to my ship and say screw it.  Those were all done by the same person.  With corpses from Poly and Tundra.

• Well, what do you expect? All you do is run in, witness, and leave. I'll stick around to make shrine conflict "interesting" when you show up to play ball.

• Every time I do you just run away though Hirst :(

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Every time I do you just run away though Hirst :(

He fears your bunny

Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Why can't people just enjoy the free forums entertainment anymore? Sheesh.

I mean, Disagree with this post if you read the title and HONESTLY did not expect to see certain (specific) individuals throwing a bitch fit?

Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
    Sylvance said:

Why can't people just enjoy the free forums entertainment anymore? Sheesh.

I mean, Disagree with this post if you read the title and HONESTLY did not expect to see certain (specific) individuals throwing a bitch fit?

What the hell forums have you been reading? EVERY thread on the Achaea forums descends into a bitch fit throw-off (out?).

To get back on topic, just went and got a new blessing from Maklak and didn't get attacked. FU Eleugossas! RAWR!

• StrataStrata United States of Derp
    edited June 2014
    The Reckoning: Targossas and Eleusis be like:

• @Strata your avatar is bad enough, I really think the forums should draw the line at "hilarious" disabled kid images. Flagged.

@everyoneelse: Please continue, the ranting is juicy and delicious.

• @Rho did it first.

• StrataStrata United States of Derp

@Strata your avatar is bad enough, I really think the forums should draw the line at "hilarious" disabled kid images. Flagged.

@everyoneelse: Please continue, the ranting is juicy and delicious.

I'm sorry you lack context and are unable to recognize harmless memes. I will kindly point you to my avatar where you can note my cardboard box veil of the sphinx and my strange white syringe-looking Thoth's fang. If you find these things offensive, might I ask you why you have not installed @Daeir's script? Also, feel free to ignore my character in game. Because anyone as obnoxious as one with such a "hilariously distasteful" avatar who posts outdated memes to forums MUST be the same way in character.

Carry on, crybabies!

P.S.: I am secretly rooting for Yudhi to win.

• TohranTohran Everywhere you don't want to be. I'm the anti-Visa!
    edited June 2014

Just sayin'. 

EDIT: @Carmain‌