Meet (some of) the Gods! Ann Arbor, MI & Cedar Point, June 28/29

Comments

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.

I feel like you've told me this before, but where you live, Gibbster?

I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.

I just had a thought. I don't know what kind of reception it would get, but I wouldn't mind if anyone wanted to post something on the other game forums, too.

The more the merrier. :)

I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • if I am still in town and not trying to frantically play furniture tetris, I'll be at the AA meet. 

You have been warned.  -eerie music-

Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • Trey said:

Hi guys.

Incoming rant accompanying, but the short version is I -might- not get to show up. Will keep people posted, in case anyone cares.

I should still be able to show up, was able to scrape together more cash than I anticipated.

• I should be able to make the AA meet. I will be driving up from Marion Ohio if anyone on the way needs a ride at least to AA

• HerenicusHerenicus The Western Front

I can't leave Trey to represent Evil all by himself. 

• ConsloConslo LA, CA

I'm seriously considering driving in. I live near Boston, that's 12 hours. Best part of this is I drive a Smart Car. Anyone have a reason for me to not do this?

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Conslo said:

I'm seriously considering driving in. I live near Boston, that's 12 hours. Best part of this is I drive a Smart Car. Anyone have a reason for me to not do this?

We'd love to meet you! 

Conslo said:

Bring my ruby pendant.

• Valnurana said:
    Tecton said:
    Herenicus said:

I'm not sure I have anything to wear!

You've still got time to make a "Loyal follower of Tecton" t-shirt.

A few options for attendees: http://www.cafepress.com/dreamytees

Those dreamy tees are fantabulous!

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• Lol'd hard at the Timux shirt.

• I wouldn't mind one. They look nifty and would be great for gatherings.

• I love the honours line one... I may have to get one and strut around London wearing it.. alone and sad

• ConsloConslo LA, CA

Jonathin said:

Conslo said:

Bring my ruby pendant.

It decayed during one of my many bouts of dormancy :(

Well I've booked everything, so no going back now. Decided driving 12+ hours was not the best idea, but I'll have a rental and can help ship people around. And a room saturday and sunday night if anyone wants to split one or both nights!

• Sadly I will no longer be able to make it :( Things came up and wasn't able to afford the drive and such. If anything changes will repost here. Good luck and hope to see You next time.

• I'm going to try to come.  I'll be bringing my son, so I won't stay to drink.

Serendi

• Serendi said:

I'm going to try to come.  I'll be bringing my son, so I won't stay to drink.

Serendi

-squeal!!- this just made my day.  I <3 you. 

I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • Silvarien'll be disappointed now, I don't hear him talk without mentioning @Serendi often.

• Trey said:

Silvarien'll be disappointed now, I don't hear him talk without mentioning @Serendi often.

Oh dear.  I'm sure he'll be fine...

• edited June 2014

So 3 days until this thing: @Valnurana @Tecton‌

How can we identify you?  Is there a specific spot you guys will be at?  
    ((As a suggestion, we can meet under the clock tower shown in the picture.  It's like between N. University and E. Washington.  Top of the park is usually held of E. Washington right in front of the graduate school (the white building with a teal roof.)  But Idk how to identify you guys. ))

Closest parking is probably the maynard-thompson lot but anyway here is a map of the city area that we are planning to go to with like landmarks and stuff.

Edit: one last note.. People will jump out in front of your car.  Please drive slowly and carefully.  No one uses crosswalks and then cars have to dodge real people all the time and then they get frustrated. xD  There are also one way streets everywhere.  

• I'm probably not going to be there for the walking around type stuff, as I've a considerable amount of stuff to do in the AM. I'm probably going to park at the Franklin and 4th lot if only for ease of access to Connor O'Neill's (did anyone have any objections to that? If not, what time should we meet there?)

• Trey said:
    I'm probably not going to be there for the walking around type stuff, as I've a considerable amount of stuff to do in the AM. I'm probably going to park at the Williams and 5th lot if only for ease of access to Connor O'Neill's (did anyone have any objections to that? If not, what time should we meet there?)

Fixed because I don't know what I was thinking about when I wrote that.

• Here's a map for the festival:

Our plan is to bring a few blankets to claim a spot on the grass by the grove stage (the part with the X crossing it). We'll post on this page (likely with a picture) of where we are once we're settled. We should be there by 1 p.m.!

As for recognizing us, http://www.facebook.com/IronRealms/photos_albums has photos of the 2010/11/12 godmeets if you want to see what we look like!

• edited June 2014
    Valnurana said:

Ahh cool. :3 that's under the clock tower. See you guys then!

• Anyone know where the train station is on that map?  I'm all for a good walk, but I want to plan accordingly :D

I have undressed a god.

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    Have fun you fuckers. And drink extra hard for me. No funds=no car.

• edited June 2014
    Gibbi said:
    Anyone know where the train station is on that map?  I'm all for a good walk, but I want to plan accordingly :D

The train station (Amtrak I presume you're talking about?) isn't too far.  It's umm kind of near Beakes street on the map I posted (a little further up north by like a block or 2) so yes, expect a 15-30 minute walk (google maps puts it at 13 min).  It's actually not as bad as it seems on the map (used to walk it almost every day). 

• My earliest train option will get me there around 4pm.  Will this cause any issues?

I have undressed a god.

• RuthRuth Singapore

I demand pictures!

"Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"