Colorado?

Comments

• As long as it's not June 13-15. I have DCC to go to. :P

I'll probably be shifting over to Starmourn, seeya there!
    discord: aciidwire#5240
    Please check out my new art page!

• Ok so if we schedule the meet some time between July 16-19, does that work for everyone? Let me know if sometime around then doesn't work and we can try to move it around a bit. Will figure out locations and such after we get a date set.

• XaeXae
    edited May 2014

Antidas said:

Ok so if we schedule the meet some time between July 16-19, does that work for everyone? Let me know if sometime around then doesn't work and we can try to move it around a bit. Will figure out locations and such after we get a date set.

Hrmmm, I'm trying to pick up a weekend job while I'm working another. I think the 18th will be good for me, though I'd be arriving later in the afternoon if we did do that day.

• RuthRuth Singapore

I can definitely make it to this meet, since it conveniently falls on a week I'm still in CO.

Yaaaaay!

"Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• Alright, so we'll tentatively plan for July 18th then :)

• SamakhulisSamakhulis Greeley, Colorado

Whoa there's actually people in Colorado? So THIS is what I get for staying away from the forums.

Remind me to dig out 1) my two parody contributions and 2) the Colorado 2014 photos! Both threads are gone, and I'm sad.

Star Wars COULD be boring...but it isn't. Here's why I don't tell people that I'm talking with an NPC. Oh, and I never actually met Ethaya, but her comics are absolutely amazing!!

Speaking of rare minerals: Defuperine - That candy coating that you find on the skin of overzealous adventurers who put on so many layers of defenses upon awakening that you wonder how they're able to move afterward.

Antidas said:

Alright, so we'll tentatively plan for July 18th then :)

Given that I've verified that my boss is going to be on vacation for pretty much the latter half of July, I -may- be able to get that Friday off, or at least the important half of it (50+ miles north will need some planning on my part)!

Bookmarked the thread and I'll put a tentative in my calendar for whenever ya'll finalize this, but keep me posted. I'm most definitely interested.

Remind me to dig out 1) my two parody contributions and 2) the Colorado 2014 photos! Both threads are gone, and I'm sad.

Star Wars COULD be boring...but it isn't. Here's why I don't tell people that I'm talking with an NPC. Oh, and I never actually met Ethaya, but her comics are absolutely amazing!!

Speaking of rare minerals: Defuperine - That candy coating that you find on the skin of overzealous adventurers who put on so many layers of defenses upon awakening that you wonder how they're able to move afterward.

• Antidas said:

Alright, so we'll tentatively plan for July 18th then :)

Given that I've verified that my boss is going to be on vacation for pretty much the latter half of July, I -may- be able to get that Friday off, or at least the important half of it (50+ miles north will need some planning on my part)!

Bookmarked the thread and I'll put a tentative in my calendar for whenever ya'll finalize this, but keep me posted. I'm most definitely interested.

When we get closer to the date (probably around July 1st) I'll check back here and confirm who can and cannot come, and try to make more specific plans.

• @Ruth and I will both be in from overseas around that time, I believe when we last talked the 18th was a good time.

While I don't want to sound like an ass, We are spending around 2k usd just to get to America... so if you guys could please try your best to plan around us that would be great. (I hope that doesn't make me sound like an arrogant dick) 

CoS would be the best meeting place, but if we have enough people in FoCo I am sure we can make the drive up there. Do we have any idea what we want to do?

I know plenty of good hiking spots, and rafting spots, or camping spots. I'm not very good at city stuff though, so if anyone else has an idea please let me know.

Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • @Aepas I'm planning for the 18th to accommodate both of you two, as well as @Xae. I hadn't even begun to think about things to do, or where exactly to meet up lol. I think most of us are in the Denver/Boulder area, not FoCo...but not sure. People planning to attend, where in CO do you guys live? Would you rather meet up somewhere around FoCo, CoS, or Denver/Boulder area?

@Ainia @Epiphany @Xae @Samakhulis @Ruth

edited June 2014

I'm north of Fort Collins (Laporte).

Aepas said:

CoS would be the best meeting place, but if we have enough people in FoCo I am sure we can make the drive up there. Do we have any idea what we want to do?

I know plenty of good hiking spots, and rafting spots, or camping spots. I'm not very good at city stuff though, so if anyone else has an idea please let me know.

In terms of hiking/mountaineering that I'm partial to (in order from north to south):
    • Poudre canyon - Greyrock trail
    • Horsetooth Mountain or along the reservoire ($7-$15/vehicle I think)
    • RMNP (I personally favor the Ute Trail hike)
    • Anywhere up around Georgetown/Empire along I-70. I have a very cool, but far-fetched idea regarding this one. Not gonna throw in details until I can confirm though.

• I'm in Nebraska.  I can get over to CO easily.  I will be waiting to view the mountains

of marijuana.

*Animated Signature*

• If I was not terrified of a Dishonorable discharge I'd be very eager to smoke some with you guys. Buuut, not in the cards for me.

I want to hike Grey's and Torrey's while I am there, a double 14er. We could plan a trip like that. Will be hard to re-adjust though, coming from sea level.

I think CoS would be ideal, mainly cause I live there but also because it is so close to manitou and several hiking locations like the incline and twin eagles, if we want outdoorsy stuff. If we want to party (I'd love to go to the mercury cafe) we need to head to denver though.

• Aepas said:

I think CoS would be ideal, mainly cause I live there but also because it is so close to manitou and several hiking locations like the incline and twin eagles, if we want outdoorsy stuff. If we want to party (I'd love to go to the mercury cafe) we need to head to denver though. 

• Sounds like a party then. I vote a meet in CoS, a road trip to Manitou for some Mate' tea, then a trip up to Denver for the Mercury Cafe.

my ENT will involve 2 non achaeans, but they are cool, promise.

• Aepas said:

Sounds like a party then. I vote a meet in CoS, a road trip to Manitou for some Mate' tea, then a trip up to Denver for the Mercury Cafe.

my ENT will involve 2 non achaeans, but they are cool, promise.

This works for me, lol

• Mark me down for 'maybe'.  I haven't asked the wifey.

*Animated Signature*

Hrm.. This is getting to be a bit out of my range, so I'll likely bow out on this one and wait for a future event further north.

• RuthRuth Singapore

If anything, maybe you can come with us for the hike or something, wherever you can so we can say hi, and then disappear!

• EpiphanyEpiphany Colorado Springs
    Antidas said:

@Aepas I'm planning for the 18th to accommodate both of you two, as well as @Xae. I hadn't even begun to think about things to do, or where exactly to meet up lol. I think most of us are in the Denver/Boulder area, not FoCo...but not sure. People planning to attend, where in CO do you guys live? Would you rather meet up somewhere around FoCo, CoS, or Denver/Boulder area?

@Ainia @Epiphany @Xae @Samakhulis @Ruth

I'm not sure I can actually do this one. I'm moving to NC sometime between the last week of July and the first week of August. My schedule is going to not free up too much time until I'm actually on the road. So I'm going to probably bail on this one, and say instead that when I know my actual date that I'm leaving, I'll post it and will grab coffee on the way out of CO for a few years. 

• @Antidas Centennial/Aurora for me. Wouldn't mind taking a whole day or so doing ALL THE THINGS. 

• Hrm.. This is getting to be a bit out of my range, so I'll likely bow out on this one and wait for a future event further north.

What's your range? I'm flying some odd 7,649miles to make it home. You should spare <100. Rental cars are not that expensive!

Can we get a role call for people attending, so we can make proper plans?

Aepas said:

Hrm.. This is getting to be a bit out of my range, so I'll likely bow out on this one and wait for a future event further north.

What's your range? I'm flying some odd 7,649miles to make it home. You should spare <100. Rental cars are not that expensive!

Can we get a role call for people attending, so we can make proper plans?

Heh. My range is about 140 miles one way to Manitou Springs. 7,600 miles makes the argument fairly relative.

I'm not worried about gas, even though my vehicle is most certainly NOT Boulder-rated ;). But my concern is for just a couple hours in the afternoon, a lot of which will be fighting I-25 traffic south of Longmont, I may not have a lot of functional time between then. Just comparing time driving (5 hours round trip estimate as of right now) to time recreating and thinking is it really worth it.

Though what @Ruth mentioned, skipping the evening cafe thing and doing just the hike, might be fine. I'll need to wrack my brain a little more to convince myself of it.

I'll do my best, but after June is best for me! Maybe next time I drive up to Colorado to pick up my girl from the airport, we can at least to coffee @Ainia‌, I know you're -right- where I go in Denver when I do go.

• @Epiphany you mean after July...? We're already meeting after June haha

I thought it was happening the end of June? If it's in July I will do my best as long as it's not the weekend of my little girl's birthday! Anybody coming to the springs for the RenFaire?

• @Epiphany its going to be July 18th. We'll likely end up meeting in the springs, or somewhere around there - details of location and exactly what we're doing have yet to be set up

Oh that's right after her birthday and stuff, so I'll be here still, and in the Springs makes it close and easy for me to set up daycare for with a friend. Yay. :)

I think the 15th of this month, not positive, depends on how much she misses her mama and how much she's having fun with her grandparents. Usually she goes with her sister, but this time she's not.

• RuthRuth Singapore
    Epiphany said:

I thought it was happening the end of June? If it's in July I will do my best as long as it's not the weekend of my little girl's birthday! Anybody coming to the springs for the RenFaire?

Wait, there's a RenFaire? Shit, I have to go!