City Siege Weapons

AktillumAktillum Philippines

I've always wished Achaea had siege weapons like the trebuchet, ballista and battering rams, to position outside a city. Some key points of how these should work in Achaea:

Trebuchet

-Low hit-points. Destroyed in a handful of bashing attacks. It only works from up to 2 rooms outside a cities gates (defendable and 1 room beyond). The farther inside a city a player is, the less accurate the trebuchet becomes. So if you're standing like 2 rooms away from the trebuchet, its definitely going to hit you. If you're 20 rooms deep inside your city, its probably going to miss you. Does not hit indoors.

It needs to be manned by 1 player. It has a lengthy balance (for "reloading"), something like 12 - 15 seconds. It needs to be targeted at a single player (FIRE TREBUCHET AT AKTILLUM) and it hits everyone standing in the room. Stopped by shield tattoo, but shatters the shield, similar to meteor. 

Onagar

-The anti-trebuchet. Constructed at a city gates, or 1 room beyond. Periodically fires a catapult full of stones at a trebuchet stationed outside a city. Also has a lengthy balance of 12-15, can destroy the trebuchet in 10 hits, meaning it would take about a minute of Onagar attacks to destroy a trebuchet if nobody is going to rush it.

Does not need to be player-manned, but rather begins automatically attacking via a city command by the War Ministry. Doesn't actually hit any players at defendable, only does damage to a trebuchet. Also easily destroyed in a handful of bashing attacks.

Battering Ram

-Cities are given lockable gates. You cannot LoS through a closed city gate. A battering ram will do periodic damage to the gate until it is destroyed, allowing infiltration of the city. It takes 1 Achaean month and craptons of wood to construct a new city gate.

Battering rams are a bit tankier and not so easily destroyed in a handful of bashing attacks. This prevents "suicide rushes" to simply stop your gates from being destroyed.

Why this makes city raids better

Mhaldor shows up to border-raid Targossas. Targossas locks their gates and sits inside the city. Mhaldor constructs a battering ram and a trebuchet, starts pounding down the gates and flinging stuff at the group. Targossas either A: Sits there and does nothing until their gates are broken down, and Mhaldor blackwinds/phases/earrings into the city, or B: Gets a group together, rushes Mhaldor, kills them and destroys the siege weapons, or C: Leaves their gates open, LoS's the Mhaldor group, then destroys the siege weapons.

Comments

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States

While this would be great, it's not very feasible with the current city vs city conflict system. You can lock a gate, but all it take is someone phased already inside prior to showing up, or someone flying in, or using any number of ways to infiltrate a city, then the rest of the part can earring/portal to them. City vs City conflict is, as of yet, revolves around group pvp. 

• JamethielJamethiel Adelaide

Solution: get rid of ear-rings. *troll on/off/maybe on/maybe off*

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Ashtan's got a ballista on the battlements but so far as I know, you can't shoot it at people. I've tried :/

(D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Kyrra said:
    Ashtan's got a ballista on the battlements but so far as I know, you can't shoot it at people. I've tried :/

Iirc, they're purely decorative in purpose to signify the defeat of Saranda(I think).

• Yes please, and bump.

• I just never viewed it on that scale because I always saw us as adventurers so are such a small # of people relative to all the invisible ones.

• all you smart people need to mod a total war game do we can use that for the war system

• all you smart people need to mod a total war game do we can use that for the war system

Which era would you want to play and which total war?

• As long as it's both player controlled armies, Rome 2.