Always color player names

When you do commands like hwho, cwho, clanwho, and so on the game sends you text with the players name highlighted in a specific color.  What is the feasibility of this being extended to most if not all text from the game.  This doesn't need to happen for things like qwho or commands/abilities that only show player names.

Example:
Dontarion arrives from the south.
Send the name, Dontarion, in whatever color the game/config has been chosen for ALL players.
-----------------------------
@DontarionDrakor for twitter boredom.

Comments

• TohranTohran Everywhere you don't want to be. I'm the anti-Visa!

Issues with illusions or dopplegangers? I like the idea though!

• Tohran said:

Issues with illusions or dopplegangers? I like the idea though!

Illusions could be resolved by giving them the same format emoting already has, eg.

cast illusion $+Tohran does bashing attack A to $dontarion.

It would be a functional buff, I suppose, but I feel like it also gives illusions a bit more of a presence within the game.

Dopplegangers are weird already, but aside from potential technical limitations, there's no reason they couldn't be colored as such as well.

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo

Doppledangers are already aburdly easy to distinguish whenever they enter or exit the room. Or at least they were the last time I saw one. So it would not really conflict with them, no

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• TohranTohran Everywhere you don't want to be. I'm the anti-Visa!

Works for me! If it's got a work around, I don't see why not!

• WeiWei Monterey, California

Make it so!

• Didn't @Tecton or @Sarapis already say no to this in another thread? That it was better for server latency if people did this client side?

• They said no to implementing svo's politics system serverside. There's a big difference here though: while svo's system has to operate on triggers, on the serverside it would just be an extra concatenation to a string. The system as discussed doesn't need to highlight names when used arbitrarily, like in SAYs or when written into a newspost or journal. Just whenever the server makes a call to player.name or whatever, concatenate a configured color onto it.