Contracts

1235»

Comments

• I've always admitted that I've teamed for contracts in the past. Reonna is the only contract I've teamed for with a focus. I asked Dunn to come to LoS with me since she was defending in a raid, kalmia + aeon and she went down. I 'teamed' you for being near Ashtan, sure. I've never denied getting kills for contracts in raids/teams, it would be stupid to even attempt otherwise. I'm going to kill people regardless, I'm not going to avoid killing people I have contracts on so I can hunt them down solo later. Not to mention a percentage of the people I've killed in raids don't really leave cities outside groups. Not knocking it, just saying it's rare to find them 1v1 outside their city.

TL;DR I've admitted to killing for contracts with others in the past, doesn't mean I've never killed people without others for them.

Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• and that's all I said. I literally said that the top people aren't the best fighters, just the people that complete the most contracts. So what's the disconnect here, besides the fact that you get  a massive erection every time you post something that might be perceived as degrading or contrary to what certain people post? 

• Shirszae said:
    Jules said:

Yeah, I guess I don't really understand what it means.  I guess those two are heading up the organizations? 

They have the most points, and thus, according to the system, are supposed to be the very best in their respective org. 

lol yeah that's what it means.... NOT

Nobody said best fighter. You're the one who started with the derogatory comments. I -am- the best/most effective Quisalis right now. Best record for a reason.

Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• I am very disappointed that Jarrod isn't double-teaming my target... 

• I didn't say shit derogatory, you're just taking my posts that way. stop being so silly, Jarrod. 

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited June 2014

Jules said:

I am very disappointed that Jarrod isn't double-teaming my target... 

Hahah, same! Though honestly, I'd just settle for getting an assassin that was not dormant >.>

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• If you message me who you hired on (assuming it's someone you wouldn't mind me knowing about, I wouldn't tell whoever regardless but it's up to you), I'll let you know if I have a contract on them.

• It's not Jarrod.  I need to ask a Scotsman about some good swear words.

• I figured it out! Its a scam by the Mark organizations.  See, if the job is successful, they have to pay the mark.  But if the mark fails, they get to keep the whole contract anyways.

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!

How about this, if a contract EXPIRES (for whatever reason) the people that hired get their gold back.

If a contract FAILS, they don't.

Sound fair?

Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Apologies if this has been fixed already but these keep popping up on our logs.

2014/06/13 23:05:58 - Your contract with Chima on Dajio has expired and is therefore null 
    and void.
    2014/06/13 23:05:58 - Your contract with Gorlasintan on Dajio has expired and is therefore 
    null and void.

city lastlogin Gorlasintan
    Last login was 1536 Achaean months ago.
     city lastlogin chima
    Last login was 859 Achaean months ago.

????

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Tharvis said:

How about this, if a contract EXPIRES (for whatever reason) the people that hired get their gold back.

Sound fair?

Yeah. I get that there's a legitimate need to have contracts time out, but honestly I don't know why anyone who's currently using the contracts system would waste their money on an arrangement where the other party can do absolutely nothing and you still have to pay.

Functionally, the mark org is going "well, I know our professional decided to just ignore your contract, but you've already paid, so deal with it." The fact the mark loses points makes sense within the org itself, but does nothing for those outside the org except say "maybe someday we'll get it right."

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Nim said:
    Tharvis said:

Sound fair?

Yeah. I get that there's a legitimate need to have contracts time out, but honestly I don't know why anyone who's currently using the contracts system would waste their money on an arrangement where the other party can do absolutely nothing and you still have to pay.

Functionally, the mark org is going "well, I know our professional decided to just ignore your contract, but you've already paid, so deal with it." The fact the mark loses points makes sense within the org itself, but does nothing for those outside the org except say "maybe someday we'll get it right."

I don't think that's the case, there are occasions where the Mark has a contract on someone who is on a different timezone to them and doesn't have a chance to fulfil the contract too. |Trying to jump someone at 3am local time when you've been up with the kids since 6am the previous morning isn't fun

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • I think there might be money to be made in starting a new private mark organisation.

Today, I feel like a business man!

• Iocun said:

I think there might be money to be made in starting a new private mark organisation.

Today, I feel like a business man!

We have the PoM, why not an assassin camp?

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • It seems like it might work for thieves at least, as they do most of their work outside cities, on non-comms, and get to be pretty well known (both in name recognition and mechanical infamy), but the RP justification (and actual justification) could fall apart in some cases.  It would depend on how admin felt about thieves being hunted through a system like Iocun's.  I don't know if it could be expanded to other things without getting pretty inherently shaky.

This discussion has been closed.