The TV Series and Movies thread!

13»

Comments

• So I was searching Netflix for something good to watch, when I found this solid gem titled Tomorrow When The War Began. Nothing too new, but it played on that old guerrilla rebel story so well, it was an incredibly enjoyable experience.

10/10, highly recommend.

League of Legends: IA ROCKS (NA)
    Guild Wars 2: erasariel.1532 - Devona's Rest (NA)
    Final Fantasy XIV: Novi Selea - Cactuar (NA)
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ErasarielOfAchaea/
    Achaea: Erasariel (duh!)
  • Currently enjoying
    American Horror Story (season 2 on FX)
    Fringe (5th/last season on FOX, awesome show)

Other shows worth mentioning:
    Archer
    Wilfred
    True Blood (worth buying/renting the seasons to see)

And to pick something that's no longer airing, Avatar: The Last Airbender. Not a die-hard anime fan myself, but that show was a bit of a masterpiece regardless of age group.
    So if for some strange reason you haven't, get that one.

I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • edited November 2012
    I tried out the first episode of MLP a few days ago to see what the big deal was and ended up watching every episode. Now I'm excited for season 3.

I've also been watching Fillmore! and The Weekenders lately. Good, good shows.
  • MLP?

Acronyms are what you use when your reader can definitely be expected to know what they mean; usually in a larger body of text where you've already spelled out and introduced the acronym. In a thread intended for suggesting new television shows and movies for people to watch, they really should be avoided.
  • My Little Pony?
  • edited November 2012
    @Antonius Fair enough.

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. A show for little girls that is much more entertaining than it should be.
  • @Antonius: Step it up, Toni.

I don't know anyone on the internet who doesn't recognise MLP to stand for My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. Like, I'm not even a brony -- it's just so pervasive that you can't escape it.
  • @Delphinus: I've come across it, sure, but not enough to instantly think "Oh, My Little Pony" when I see the acronym MLP.
  • Its older, but I would suggest watching, The Shield should you get the chance.