Contracts

Comments

• EVERYONE gets -2 point decay. Every single mark. Your points don't matter, except in relation to OTHER marks, so since -everyone- loses the -same- amount of points at the same time, there's seemingly no real effect. However..

Let's say I have 100, Bob has 102. Year passes. I have 98, Bob has 100.

The good part of the decay is that it helps flush out dormant marks faster. If Bob suddenly goes dormant, and I get a contract; I rise up faster because I stave off the decay.

Another year passes, and I had a +2 contract let's say. I'll have 98. Bob will have 98. Next year he's still dormant, same thing, I'll have 98, he'll have 96.

As for marks who are NOT dormant but are NOT getting contracts and do not have the chance to stave off the -2 points, that is a -separate- problem that needs to be addressed.

• Are you sure that's the case? Because the people at 100 aren't moving down, and everyone below 100 got reset to 100.

Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• It was at some point, can try asking @Makarios for confirmation; it was definitely mentioned. The Mark system got all screwy for a short while, and that was the explanation why; they were implementing that.

• Been a mark for about 2 ig years. Haven't gotten a single contract yet, and i am extremely active

• WessuxWessux Chattanooga
    Iocun said:

My character isn't PK-hungry though, just I. That was the nice thing about mark: you could raise an OOC PK flag without actually having an aggressive character, which allowed other characters to initiate aggression against you.

Getting PK opportunities with a "brawler" or "murderer" character won't ever be a problem, mark or not.

Time to play a new character. Alt it up bro. 

Invest in a 9mm retirement plan.
  • I've attempted that, but - bashing & novice reqs. I'm too old for that shit!

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo

I just had one contract expired, and the person who received was unranked, and not someone I had seen logged in at all during the whole time...

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• That's discouraging.  I've got my first contract out in many, many RL years.  For someone who is hiring, Mark is our hope of (meaningful) retribution, not just a PK flag for the PK crowd (which admin seems to at least be really trying to address finally).  You should have a good chance of a successful kill and the target having to pray for each contract you take, especially if you're willing to pay premium prices for each bounty.  Mark has always been advertised as the preferred course of action for retribution, so it needs to WORK.  

• How do you see your rank relative to the Mark system?

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • RANKINGS MARK

Chat with other players in real time on your phone, browser, or desktop client:
    Come join the Achaea discord!
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    Looking at more contracts decaying, I have to say that I'm really finding it difficult to be impressed by this new mark system. 

2014/06/13 21:59:58 - Your contract with Zephyros on Aelios has expired and is therefore null and void.
    2014/06/13 22:44:04 - Xer witnessed Eleison.
    2014/06/13 23:05:58 - Your contract with Chima on Dajio has expired and is therefore null and void.
    2014/06/13 23:05:58 - Your contract with Gorlasintan on Dajio has expired and is therefore null and void.

Of these, only Zephyros is ranked, and even so he hasn't been properly active in a long time. The latter two haven't been seen in RL years and this isn't even the first time it's happened. I honestly have to say it's fairly annoying to spend gold hiring assassins only to find out, when your contracts expire, that it was all wasted gold to begin with. I'm not sure what the parameters are for getting contracts, but at this moment it's hard to prefer this system over the previous.

If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• Ugh, I can live with it not working out for now, but please fix it.

• CarmellCarmell Eastern Washington
    Jurixe said:
    Looking at more contracts decaying, I have to say that I'm really finding it difficult to be impressed by this new mark system. 

2014/06/13 21:59:58 - Your contract with Zephyros on Aelios has expired and is therefore null and void.
    2014/06/13 22:44:04 - Xer witnessed Eleison.
    2014/06/13 23:05:58 - Your contract with Chima on Dajio has expired and is therefore null and void.
    2014/06/13 23:05:58 - Your contract with Gorlasintan on Dajio has expired and is therefore null and void.

Of these, only Zephyros is ranked, and even so he hasn't been properly active in a long time. The latter two haven't been seen in RL years and this isn't even the first time it's happened. I honestly have to say it's fairly annoying to spend gold hiring assassins only to find out, when your contracts expire, that it was all wasted gold to begin with. I'm not sure what the parameters are for getting contracts, but at this moment it's hard to prefer this system over the previous.

We have the same problem on our side with hiring Champions.  I've spent so much gold hiring and nothing is happening.

• Via website:

Sent By: Achaea on 6/07/22:36
    The Ivory Mark has selected you to act as champion in a matter on their behalf. Your reward will be 3553 gold sovereigns.

I'm still completely dormant, unless for some bizarre reason logging in on the website/forum counts as activity.

Previously I'd asked if I should log in to leave the mark, but plenty of people will not make that choice, and it sounds like I'm not the only dormant mark getting contracts, so it sounds like a system issue.

• Also a question.  What exactly is the point of Markwho now?

Jules said:

Also a question.  What exactly is the point of Markwho now?

To reveal who is the champion of each organization? It could be done away with, but I find it rather convenient.

• Yeah, I guess I don't really understand what it means.  I guess those two are heading up the organizations? 

• I haven't checked MarkWho at all since the change, does it show me/Achilles?

I just today got a contract after not getting one for a full month+, so I actually have someone to stalk now, woo!

Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

Jules said:

Yeah, I guess I don't really understand what it means.  I guess those two are heading up the organizations? 

They have the most points, and thus, according to the system, are supposed to be the very best in their respective org. 

• lol yeah that's what it means.... NOT

• Yeah it always shows just you and Achilles, Jarrod.  I could only guess that meant you guys were in charge of the two organizations or something... or I guess you are top ranked in reality.

• Top ranked, meaning they've completed the most contracts. Not the 'best' fighters, so to speak. 

Top ranked is the phrase, yes

• Mithridates, you can complain about me all you want, but I have far and away the best record in the Quisalis.

No failed contracts, majority completed in situations that yield the most points possible. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who's completed a contract on the head of the other org too (I killed Iakimen for a contract back when he had a huge lead in the Ivory). Complain all you want, results are results.

• I didn't complain. You're obv insecure. I'm just saying you team for your contracts, or get them in raids. Not that hard to spam snipe alias.

• edited June 2014

Your negative attitude is constantly complaining, and the fact that you're wrong and basing it off assumptions (because I totally shouldn't have teamed you when I got a contract on you and you showed up 2 rooms outside Ashtan right after, right?) doesn't help your case.

It's also impossible for me to lose #1 without two contract failures or Hasar completing at least two contracts (for very high point values), so not really insecure in my spot, no.

• Ok first off mr smartypants, I got pulled into the room by someone, probably tarot forced to go NW from clouds where I was, then immediately hangmaned/aeoned spammed while you sniped. So yeah, you were teaming me because as you admitted before, you don't 1v1. Second off, it's true so it's not an assumption. talk all you want about my 'negative attitude' and 'complaining' but I'm doing neither at this time, just saying the facts. 

• I've killed about half my contracts solo, so there's that.

The kill on you was you ending up outside Ashtan, me and Dunn jumping you because we were in party, and me saying, "Hey I have contract, can I kill?" in party to which Dunn replied, "Yeah." We adapt, we don't plan that stuff.

• So you're admitting that you team for contracts. 

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited June 2014

This one is smaller.

Mith, go chill out somewhere and let someone else argue for a change.

I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
This discussion has been closed.