June Promotion - How's it working out?

2»

Comments

• Tharvis said:

I had enough money saved for a new road bike. Not anymore :(

I had enough for a new laptop

...that I needed for my studies  :|

Yush, it ate up my monthly "doanythingiwannado" budget. Now that I'm working, being super careful with how I spend money to save for a car/mortgage over the next few years.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    I am sorely tempted but I really shouldn't. :/ Already kinda broke from travelling!

If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• Literally waiting on my next paycheck. I'm so mad that I actually bought credits like two days before the promo started :/

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    I have a three week wait for enrollments and I'm itching for 5k credits just to see what pieces I'd get :(
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• JamethielJamethiel Adelaide
    Sarapis said:

I made a huge purchase. Got tons of Tali pieces. Looking for robes trim. Anyone?

@Sarapis Why don't you ask that @Tecton fellow (nicely if you want) for them? I heard he's good at the old sewing machine :wink: 

• I had enough money saved for a new road bike. Not anymore :(

At least you have(or in this case, had) money.

• Skeptical as I was at first, this really is the best of the promos I've seen - and by a good margin! Not only are the resulting items unique and interesting (give my approval to the designer!), but the return is very good in comparison to others. Tying it in with the event makes it all the nicer.

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm

Terrible from my PoV. I've had some of my artefacts customised using an ice theme, and that Maklak fellow stole my idea. Still, plenty of lawls is when people think I've already got the wings (@Tharvis)

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Meh... got tophat thread, a hookah bowl, and a globe bottom. I guess I can sell them :/

meh

• edited June 2014

I had a dream last night in which I successfully negotiated for wing feathers. :neutral_face:    

#june2014thepromothewingstheshatteredhopesthebrokendreams

• My "haul" here on Achaea was pretty amazing.  Bought 1000 credits, got 3 of the 4 brooch pieces and bought the 4th for 30 credits (nice, I've kind of wanted a brooch), sold a Stygian Pendant piece for 200, an Armband piece for 100, a Sprite piece for 33.  I wasn't trying to drive "killer deals" but I didn't want to get taken for a total ride either.  Did get some people trying to deal pretty hard on the armband piece I was selling, and the brooch piece I was looking to buy (one guy was asking for more than the *full* value of the piece).  Also got two tophat pieces and four hourglass pieces, and gave those away.  So, there's my anecdotal contribution for those who might be interested.  Imperian haul was pretty meh, but again, anecdotal.  

• I gotta say, over all I like the promo but in some ways I'm disappointed. I realize @Sarapis said you only get the extra on multiples of 500 and such if they are bought at the same time, but for people like me who buy like 100 to 300 at a time every week or so, that is kinda disappointing. It also seems like you have no shot at any good pieces unless you buy in those 500 plus quantities, though that may just be my experience.

• I haven't been able to get any credits in this sale. Flat broke.  :'(

• Datrius said:
    I realize @Sarapis said you only get the extra on multiples of 500 and such if they are bought at the same time, but for people like me who buy like 100 to 300 at a time every week or so, that is kinda disappointing.

I don't see how losing out on the extra talisman pieces in the promotion is much different from losing out on the extra credits you'd get from the larger packages. With or without any promotion, you'll get a lot more from larger, less frequent purchases.

• edited June 2014
    Sena said:
    Datrius said:
    I realize @Sarapis said you only get the extra on multiples of 500 and such if they are bought at the same time, but for people like me who buy like 100 to 300 at a time every week or so, that is kinda disappointing.

I don't see how losing out on the extra talisman pieces in the promotion is much different from losing out on the extra credits you'd get from the larger packages. With or without any promotion, you'll get a lot more from larger, less frequent purchases.

Well, at least a 30% credit sale is a 30% credit sale... is a 30% credit sale, no matter how many credits you buy.  With this promotion, if you get a shitty haul, you're going to get a whole lot less than that - a good haul is, wow, quite a bit more, and if you're willing to sell your soul/be an absolute shark, you could probably make an absolute killing from any sort of "pretty darned good" haul.  I did have a sense that buying small wouldn't go well with this promotion, even beyond not getting extra pieces (i.e. extra rolls for something good), and I rarely buy small anyway, but I have absolutely nothing more than a hunch to back that up.  If the odds are the same for each piece a player gets (and I'm guessing that's the idea), it should be consistent-ish, though (other than the actual extra pieces).  

• The odds of getting a particular piece are the same regardless of how the piece was paid for, or in what quantity credits were bought, etc.

• I used to only purchase in 2k bundles. Now I'll have to save up for the 5k bundles instead.

• Bought a couple hundred credits, got a robe thread and sold it for a ton. This promotion has been pretty nice. I was going to buy a much bigger package, but Lannah actually threatened to hit me with something if I spent 1,400 on credits. Kind of going to sneak in a few 1,000s instead, I think. :p