The other IRE games & this month's promo

I know some of you play more than one IRE game, and have a question for those of you that do. It's a very specific question, and I'd appreciate nobody derailing the topic please.

Exposition: Achaea is always, of course, the IRE game with the highest revenue every month. It also consistently brings in the most per player of the IRE games. However, during this month's promotion - the format of which is similar on all games - the difference between Achaea and two of the other games - Imperian and Aetolia - is extreme. Lusternia and MKO are doing fine, but Imperian and Aetolia are having terrible months.

Question: Does anyone who plays both Achaea AND Imperian/Aetolia have any thoughts on why the specific implementation of the promo in Achaea this month is doing so well while it's falling flat in those two games?

Comments

• If you don't want an artifact piece, you can either instantly trade it in for 5cr, or reroll it. When you reroll, you have a 50% chance of replacing the piece with a new one, and a 50% chance of it instantly being consumed for 5cr. You can only reroll a piece once.

Would instantly scare me away.

In Achaea we have minimum values of each piece because of the 1/8 artifact value.  In Aetolia I get 5 measly credits?
  • I don't know if I qualify, but I've tried to play Aetolia a few times. 

Nice system overall, reminiscent of Achaea, but the degree of investment just didn't grab me like it did in Achaea. I would think the players are possibly more casual, the level of conflict and competitiveness less intense than it is here. Thus, artefacts are possibly valued less by the players than they are here, leading to a less intense burst of 'Oh my god, I so needed this.'

Also, from what I recall, their playerbases are quite smaller, and if the challenge level is the same as it is here, most probably won't bother with the hunting. And just how strong is City identity, comparatively to Achaea? Maybe it could stem from the player's cohesion as a faction.

• edited June 2014
    Triak said:
    If you don't want an artifact piece, you can either instantly trade it in for 5cr, or reroll it. When you reroll, you have a 50% chance of replacing the piece with a new one, and a 50% chance of it instantly being consumed for 5cr. You can only reroll a piece once.

In Achaea we have minimum values of each piece because of the 1/8 artifact value.  In Aetolia I get 5 measly credits?

I would say this is the exact reason, to be honest.

Level of conflict in Aetolia by no means lower (comparatively speaking), nor is it less competitive. There's actually multiple people who can easily rival Penwize's artifact value. Also, hunting is a lot more frequented by players there just because of how Aetolia hunting is. Triak got it pretty much right, I'd say. It's not worth it, if your 'investment' fails. Whereas Achaea still gets a decent return.

• Pretty enamored with Imperian right now.  I will say my "haul" over there wasn't nearly what it was over here (here turned out to be pretty amazing) and if that's been the norm (or even seemed to be), word would likely get around awfully fast.  

Imperian has a really nifty way of looking at your pieces and valuing them, and even completing them (that last bit is sort of necessary too, with such a small player base), and frankly, a lot of neat things in general (some of them at highly discounted prices from an Achaean's point of view).  

Other than the reality or perception that the promo isn't an exceptionally good deal, I wouldn't know.  I like it a lot, but I'm still pretty new.

• This month Achaea's promo is tied into what I perceive is a huge PK/PvE event which it looks like a lot of people are enjoying. Aetolia's is a little meh, nice but when you compare it to the promotion they hosted last month it really pales in comparison.

In addition I brought so many credits in Aetolia last month I'm burnt out purchasing creds. :(
  • EzykielEzykiel Village of Eleusis
    As someone who has played Achaea, Imperian, and Lusternia I can say that there is really no incentive to invest money into Imperian at the present time.  When I see 3 people on in my city with 2 of them in my guild, why would I want to invest in any promotion?

• Ezykiel said:
    As someone who has played Achaea, Imperian, and Lusternia I can say that there is really no incentive to invest money into Imperian at the present time.  When I see 3 people on in my city with 2 of them in my guild, why would I want to invest in any promotion?

I completely agree with this, along with Triak's reasoning above for Aetolia. Granted, I stopped playing both Aetolia/Imperian because of, um, personal reasons and Achaea (damn you, stop sucking me back in! @Cynlael can attest to this.) But, yes. Imperian has an extremely low player base (as most of the other IRE games do) and the people who -do- play it have drug out the RP out to the point where it got.. very unappealing for me. Who wants to spend money on a game that has little to no one to RP it out with. :(

Triak said:
    If you don't want an artifact piece, you can either instantly trade it in for 5cr, or reroll it. When you reroll, you have a 50% chance of replacing the piece with a new one, and a 50% chance of it instantly being consumed for 5cr. You can only reroll a piece once.

If I could agree with this so many times, I would. 

• ... they changed the promo and daaaaaang my bank account is going to hurt.

This discussion has been closed.