Mudlet locking/freezing/lagging

Hi,

Recently I've experienced that mudlet just locks up and freezes in spam. I haven't had this before so I'm wondering what might be causing it. I have tried to keep compression on and off but it doesn't make a difference.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• edited June 2014
    Was suggested that I create a new profile and copy out the content.... I'll try but it'd be freakin' weird if that works!

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    Same issue, tried that myself, didn't work until I popped mudlet mapper out of the equation, but even then, in large group spam, no matter the settings or anything (even a completely clean profile) I'd still get it. I just deal with it, and when i see the lockups, I just hands off keyboard and hope I tanked it.

mudlet mapper is a dick though. soon as anyone reports a location, I've got 1.5-2.7s of lag before it reacts.

• There is a lot of alertness going on. I remember way back there was a problem with that..

• aha, found it. After a reinstall I'm labeling names on the map again.

Anyone remember how to turn that on, off or change the size/colour of the labels?

• edited June 2014

That's the people tracker Svo addon. Do 'vconfig2' and at the bottom of the text it spits out look for: '- ppl: People tracker on; using blue map labels (view all); font size is 10.' - Click the "on" to turn it off.

retired
  • Seifur said:

That's the people tracker Svo addon. Do 'vconfig2' and at the bottom of the text it spits out look for: '- ppl: People tracker on; using blue map labels (view all); font size is 10.' - Click the "on" to turn it off.

Thanks! Blue on black background is so hard to see.

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway

i had this issue and i reinstalled mudlet and it worked for a while and then issue again. I think it may have something to do with the numbers of maps being downloaded with crowdmap but i just clean installed windows 8.1 and haven't had any issues for a week or so.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • You can change the blue, click on the colour name and set it to something else.

So nobody is experiencing any concrete issues at the moment?
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    @Vadimuses Just the oddball lockups. Next raid i'm in, if I can catch it(and timestamps) I'll post here.

I literally just had this error and I've had it about 4 times since I came back (about... 20 hours ago?) Almost always when I use goto <place>, but when I log back in, the goto works fine, so I'm not sure how well you can replicate it.
    meh

• Daslin said:
    @Vadimuses Just the oddball lockups. Next raid i'm in, if I can catch it(and timestamps) I'll post here.

Try http://wiki.mudlet.org/w/IRE_mapping_script#How_do_I_delete_the_map_to_start_over.3F

• Trilliana said:

I literally just had this error and I've had it about 4 times since I came back (about... 20 hours ago?) Almost always when I use goto <place>, but when I log back in, the goto works fine, so I'm not sure how well you can replicate it.

Try http://wiki.mudlet.org/w/IRE_mapping_script#How_do_I_delete_the_map_to_start_over.3F

• Run mudlet as administrator as well. Dunno if it helps, but I've done it since I reinstalled and no map crashes yet!

• Ok, still not resolved.....

This happens every time a spammy fight happens. It's particularly bad when I mind sapience Jhui and he starts doing achaea queue cure changes.

• Mine kept locking up a few days ago and then not at all since.

• edited June 2014
    Did it lock up when you watched Jhui use wundersys? Maybe he's making the whole realm lag and it's not just me!

• edited June 2014
    8 seconds on 1k herbs dropped? that slow or normal?

• it's still bad. :(

Everytime we put 8 people on the giant it lags horribly when everyone applies salves at the same time. Maybe I have to do something more drastic.

• What does your S: number say when you type "x"?

• edited June 2014

found it!

• edited June 2014

0.041, 0.021, 0.031

Need to check on my home computer too.

• My Mudlet just started to crash randomly ever so often a while ago. Positive effect: I now remember to save profile after every tiny little change to my scripts.

• Ranted about that. I d/ced just now right after combat too.

• 0.033 on home comp as well.

• I'm terrified of crowdmap updates.

• Oh, anyone else noticed mudlet/computer freezing up for a few seconds when clicking aliases/triggers/scripts tabs, or even just copying a section of text from the command line or browser?

• It isn't freezing up, but it's not really big enough for its own thread - anyone have any idea why Mudlet won't let me copy and paste from outside of the program into the program?

E.g., I can copy from the game into Notepad, but not from Notepad into, say, a news post.

At this point, I'm assuming that I'll need to re-install it, but I thought I'd ask regardless in case there's a setting button I'm missing.

@Vadimuses

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• my problems seem to have gone away by doing ndb delete btw.

• Someone else had the copy/paste issue on Mudlet forums - I think it was some third-party software that was interfering and not letting it happen. I don't recall for certain though.