UFC / MMA

Does anyone follow UFC or MMA in general? Tend to get silence when I bring it up on OOC clans.

Comments

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    Used to. Not so much anymore. I miss Mayhem. :(

• edited June 2014
    Yah. Pride, UFC and K-1

Ellodin and Achilles do afaik
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles

In the wrong clan then.  Also @aelios and a few other people follow and know quite a bit about the sport (and related combat sports like BJJ, Wrestling, Boxing)

• You wanna go right now?

• as far as i know i'm the only person who actually follows boxing beyond people talking shit to me inanely and claiming pacquiao > mayweather stuff - martinez vs. cotto on that front, but also the belmont stakes (not combat sports at all, lol)

i used to fight and train others actively, still get sent videos from people i know to analyze from time to time, so i'm almost always watching. i'm not as religious about it anymore in terms of making sure i watch all of the lesser orgs (though i still watch one fc because they allow kicks/knees to grounded opponents) and smaller weight classes (people barely know who rambaa somdet is, and he's been THE best at that weight), so i couldn't tell you about real up-and-comers anymore, as opposed to people who've made it into a large organization.

gildenlow doesn't really play anymore, but i used to talk about it with him back in the good old days, back when fedor was king.

And as he slept he dreamed a dream, and this was his dream.
  • I'm about the same but with BJJ and MMA @Ellodin. I follow the Grappling scene quite closely, and have been fighting for about 8 years.

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."

-Albert Einstein

• I watch constantly all the videos on youtube to learn and check stuff. So I would say yes. I think I watched almost 80% of the video about MMA too, no joke, We do not have MMA  on TV here (Italy), apart from crappy competition (Bellator, and other minor events) on Sky. I have been training in fighting for about 23 years, and I have friends extremely competent in groud fighting as well.

After may years, I use small joint manipulations, and other stuff forbidden in competitions, and this change dramatically the way I fight now (standing or ground), I know, it is not meant for competition, but in the end is what I would use in RL.  I did my time in competition, won something, I am 41….

Light prevails, always
  • Have I been summoned?

I don't really play much anymore, but I dabble (as a spectator) in MMA/Grappling/Kickboxing. Boxing is OK, I'm just a little less knowledgeable. 

Apparently people walked out of UFC 174? I haven't watched it yet, and I'm not really enthused if people were leaving the live event...

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.