What Divine do you want back most?

Comments

• TohranTohran Everywhere you don't want to be. I'm the anti-Visa!
    Shirszae said:
    Tohran said:

Zii said:
    Where's Apollyon?

Dead, eaten by Bal'met. He's got a room, so he's not on the list.

---

He was not even killed by Bal'met. What are you on? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:  :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: 

He's got a room like all the others who were killed during that event. Assumed Bal'met got him. Wasn't playing during Bal'met. 

• AktillumAktillum Philippines
    edited June 2014
    Tohran said:

I was never quite clear on what he exactly did, can you explain?

http://wiki.achaea.com/Triumvirate_(mythology)

@Sarapis speaking of Triumvirate-related beings, where is ol' Pazuzu kicking around these days? Slith has been in a number of events, but Pazuzu is like... non-existent, though supposedly alive.

• edited June 2014
    Tohran said:

Mathonwy said:

Agatheis.

Also dead, has a room, not on the list. 

I didn't even think of Aeon. If Aeon came back he could bring Eris with him.

Hey now, if Eris is on this list, no reason Agatheis shouldn't be either.

"In the year 476 A.F., Eris, Goddess of Chaos masterminded a grand plot to restore Babel and drain His essence, using the sudden burst of power to propel Herself through time to the moment when the Horror entered Creation. From there, She departed through the rift that it had opened, never to return."

Sarapis said:

Aeon didn't die exactly, but isn't alive exactly. His essence was essentially dispersed in the timestream after he used the Sword of Dunamis to shatter His hourglass and let its grains pour into the Flame of Yggdrasil, the power of which was used to summon Aurora, which was the sole event that Aeon had forseen might save the future from Bal'met. He had spent a near eternity replaying possiblity after possibility, trying to prevent what was coming.

That was Elderly Aeon though. Young Aeon, the version existing earlier in his lifespan, is still young, existing in the past. Not being tethered to the temporal plane, he does not experience time as the same linear progression that we do. So his younger self can travel to the present, which to us occurs after he died. He's still doomed to die sacrificing himself against Bal'met - at the end of his lifespan. We'd be meeting him in the middle.

Because he's younger, he wouldn't be as powerful, either. Young and sexy Aeon coming to grips with his powers. Maintaining the timestream from the corrosive influence of Chaos, and Targossan/Mhaldorian extremists trying to use time travel to annihilate each other. A universal symbol of inevitability, and duty, his life's story a parable: he must grow up to make this sacrifice, because it's already happened. Maybe sometimes contemplating whether the status quo deserves to be protected, questioning destiny. Some days he'd be older, more grizzled, have a scar and a patch over one eye. Other days he'd be young and fresh-faced. Casually mentioning events that haven't happened yet to his order, whoops! Condescendingly patronising others for being stuck in three-dimensional thinking. And so forth.

Aeon meets Kitty Pryde. Achaea's own Days of Future Past. I like it. @Sarapis pls.

Saeva said:
    If Mathonwy is 2006 I wish 2007 had never come.
    Xenomorph said:
    heh. Mathowned.
    Message #12872 Sent by Jurixe
    4/16/0:41
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
  • Trilliana said:
    Sarapis said:

Aeon didn't die exactly, but isn't alive exactly. His essence was essentially dispersed in the timestream after he used the Sword of Dunamis to shatter His hourglass and let its grains pour into the Flame of Yggdrasil, the power of which was used to summon Aurora, which was the sole event that Aeon had forseen might save the future from Bal'met. He had spent a near eternity replaying possiblity after possibility, trying to prevent what was coming.

That was Elderly Aeon though. Young Aeon, the version existing earlier in his lifespan, is still young, existing in the past. Not being tethered to the temporal plane, he does not experience time as the same linear progression that we do. So his younger self can travel to the present, which to us occurs after he died. He's still doomed to die sacrificing himself against Bal'met - at the end of his lifespan. We'd be meeting him in the middle.

Because he's younger, he wouldn't be as powerful, either. Young and sexy Aeon coming to grips with his powers. Maintaining the timestream from the corrosive influence of Chaos, and Targossan/Mhaldorian extremists trying to use time travel to annihilate each other. A universal symbol of inevitability, and duty, his life's story a parable: he must grow up to make this sacrifice, because it's already happened. Maybe sometimes contemplating whether the status quo deserves to be protected, questioning destiny. Some days he'd be older, more grizzled, have a scar and a patch over one eye. Other days he'd be young and fresh-faced. Casually mentioning events that haven't happened yet to his order, whoops! Condescendingly patronising others for being stuck in three-dimensional thinking. And so forth.

We can has Doctor Who as God plz?

Order amulet: sonic screwdriver on a chain. Yes plz.

Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • It would be Tarah or Apollyon for me.

• Tohran said:
    Not sure about Maikali, is she dead or did she just go away?
    Makali merged with Maya.
    Tohran said:
    Shirszae said:
    Tohran said:
    Zii said:
    Where's Apollyon?
    Dead, eaten by Bal'met. He's got a room, so he's not on the list.
    He was not even killed by Bal'met. What are you on? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
    He's got a room like all the others who were killed during that event. Assumed Bal'met got him. Wasn't playing during Bal'met.
    Apollyon was killed by Pentharian, and then Apollyon's essence was re-absorbed by Shaitan and he/they became Sartan again. Sartan would have to split in two again for Apollyon to come back, and going back and forth like that too many times would just get silly.
  • Sarapis said:

(In other words, just like Flash Gordon, Aeon saved us all, including Sarapis.)

WTF'd because now I need to listen to Flash. You monster.

• Depends if you mean the role or the specific volunteer playing the role.  If the latter, then @Neraeos - duh.  If not, meh, who needs a God of the Sea really?  If it's roles, then OMG Lorielan.  There's scope for events there that are as epic as Bathmat.

Also, lol, someone said Tarah.  Takes all sorts, I guess.

• @Vansittart, come back ffs. I miss you :(

Saeva said:
    Xenomorph said:
    heh. Mathowned.
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
  • edited June 2014

I keep thinking about it, but it's such a commitment.  I can't really play without wanting to TAKE OVER THE WORLD AND HAVE EVERYONE APPLAUD AT MY ENTRANCE, and that's such a timesink.  Also I had a baby, which is totally awesome but also, eesh: demanding.  I sneak in a bit of WoW now, and the rest is just poo, vomit, rattles and work.  (I have nearly got my legendary cloak, thanks for asking - squee).

I do miss it, it's such a freaking awesome game.

ETA: I do want to log in and just shoot the shit on OOC clans, but I have zero willpower and I'd just get sucked in.  It's like smoking.  Mmm, smoking.

• Congrats, buddy. You'll be an amazing dad. :)

Saeva said:
    Xenomorph said:
    heh. Mathowned.
  • My answer is in part nostalgic because I had a lot of fondness for one of the people that played Lorielan years ago, but I also think it could be an interesting role now.

Vastar has managed to become really intriguing and politically relevant by turning a little sinister, I bet Lorielan could too!
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Kuruvar said:
    My answer is in part nostalgic because I had a lot of fondness for one of the people that played Lorielan years ago, but I also think it could be an interesting role now.

Vastar has managed to become really intriguing and politically relevant by turning a little sinister, I bet Lorielan could too!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the current @Vastar is bloody amazing! (accepting any and all applications from people that want to join the Vastabs community, for Freedom!)

Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Matsuhama is not in this list. This is an outrage and I demand recompense for this slight to my honour. >:C

• edited June 2014
    Matsuhama. I don't care that he's dead. :(

From that list? Lorielan. Her exit was perfect, and she'd probably make an excellent event as her return
  • edited June 2014

As for my pick, well almost all have their merits if they return.

- Eris: It would be pretty interesting to see the rivalry and religious wars started with Babel's sect.

- Neraeos: A classic god that provided aloooot of sea-based lore that gave the game flavor in that respect. Also I would love to see the hatred and rivalry between him and Vastar fleshed out more. Heavens know the last 'Sky vs Sea'  events were a mess and ended up with the classic achaean concept of "event no longer exists and has been deleted. No ending".

- Phaestus: It's Phaestus. Does he really need explaining?

- Prospero: I'd like to see a neutral based God such as him return, especially when he allies with the Merchants. Additionally, I think he would give a great aspect to Hashan which is where I think he would choose to reside and interact.

- Lupus: Just to see him when he wakes up and says "SELEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENE".

- Lorielan: Oh God the storyline that can be developed here. Perhaps one of the most intricate gods in Achaean lore, I would truly love to see her return with that suave temptress walk in.

- Khalas: For those that havent seem my love of this god before, prepare to be dazzled.

First, He'd make a great enemy in a story plot, as he was perhaps the most determined and obsessed with taking control of the universe. Heavens know we can move away from the 'Slith' affair!

Second, His storyline is pretty vague and has alot of theories (with some pretty interesting basis behind them, I might add) that I would love to see fleshed out (statue, flesh, get it?). Why was he so obsessed with taking over? Why was he granted no realm (definitely family issues here *peer @Sarapis *)? What was this strange connection he had with Lorielan? Could it be she was perhaps his then taken as Proteus' wife? What is his connection to Chaos? How deep did his planar skills and magics go?

Third, adding another 'bad guy' to the pantheon would be pretty sweet, especially since we lost so many.

• Sure I am Nereian, and it's an obvious choice for me.  The depth of the underwater world that Neraeos created, the depth of his army of denizens and how he would flawlessly interact any given number of them to any given city for various RP points (especially because it always seems to be, that when a divine animates a crappy denizen players still go oh oh oh it's a god, and not why is this crappy denizen bothering me) The fun use of deathsight to give insight into things going on at sea. 

Bonus points for being a neutral god that anyone could really interact with.

The second choice is Phaestus, but I am torn between do I want the player who was Phaestus back in -any- form, or would a new Phaestus be as awesome ? I didn't get a lot of interaction with the Order or the God, outside of Cyrene Patron but there was some fun, "but Targosass should kill evil dwarves, and that should cause a ridiculous conflict" But that stems from my disdain for "denzin dwarves are different than players dwarves"

• Aktillum said:
    Tohran said:

I was never quite clear on what he exactly did, can you explain?

http://wiki.achaea.com/Triumvirate_(mythology)

@Sarapis speaking of Triumvirate-related beings, where is ol' Pazuzu kicking around these days? Slith has been in a number of events, but Pazuzu is like... non-existent, though supposedly alive.

Pazuzu is still alive, but is part of a quest. That's if I'm remembering a talk a few days ago correctly. Knowing the view on Quests and such, I'll leave it at that.

• TohranTohran Everywhere you don't want to be. I'm the anti-Visa!

I would have put Clementius on here, but, Jay's gone. No Jay means Clementius would be different, not the same Weaver we all loved so dearly.

• edited June 2014
    Oh, year I didn't mean someone else play Clem. That's a Jay only role