Imperian sells races and I want them in Achaea D:

Imperian:

If you purchase an ancestral stone through the website or Christof while they are for sale, you will be able to transform into one of the following races, depending on the stone you acquire.

Cherufe  : Volcano rock-like men.
  Yeti     : Massive apish men.
  Minotaur : Large, powerful bullmen
  Dryad    : Petite, tree-nymphs
  Arel     : Radiant Seraph-like men.
  Wolkin   : Powerful ravenmen.
  Asuwan   : Vicious bat-like men.
  Selkie   : A seductive fae creature.
  Schelkin : Armoured crab-like men.
  Sangfel  : Sleek and stealthy feline-men.
  Fallen   : Corrupted Arel.
  Vyurdrag : Fire-breathing salamander-like men.

They look awesome D:
Minotaur:
- Heaviness
  Has a natural mass defense via the INCREASE MASS command.
- Burrowing
  Can burrow though many environments with the BURROW DOWN, BURROW <direction>, BURROW ABOVE commands.
- Barge
  Can BARGE <player> <direction> to knock the player from the room. You must 
start in an adjacent room.
- Gore
  Wound your foes with your deadly horns. GORE <player>.

Vyurdrag:
- Nightsight
  Can see in normal darkness with the command NIGHTSIGHT.
- Fire Breath
  Can BREATHE FIRE AT <player|ground|icewall> for a variety of effects.
- Burning Skin
  Can IGNITE SKIN once every 60 seconds to burn off webs and ropes.
- Hot Breath
  Can keep pipes permanently lit with its burning breath.

Yeti:
- Cold Regeneration
  Increased health regeneration while in cold weather.
- Whitesight
  Be able to see your surrounding even in blizzards.
- Frost Breath
  Can BREATHE ICE AT <player|ground|firewall> for a variety of effects.
- Blizzard
  Can summon a BLIZZARD once a day. This blizzard will follow them around.

Comments

• Hmmm, Arel always did sound interesting to me.

• please no. Artie races (especially temporary ones like imperian's) seem like actually the worst thing ever. I've learned to put up with a certain amount of pay for serious perks, but I want nothing less then to see that extended to things like race.

• Imperian seems like it's on steroids lately..almost like a testing ground.

• AktillumAktillum Philippines
    Nakari said:

(especially temporary ones like imperian's)

wait, they're temporary like you don't keep the race forever, or you mean you can only buy them as long as the promo runs? I don't mind the latter, honestly.

• WeiWei Monterey, California

Ew. No. Do not want.

Sorry I can't be more constructive with my criticism, but... just...this is not a thing I'd like to see.

• Looks pretty cool.

I would however prefer the concept of 'special races' to be achievable by large quests in the game, rather than purchase. For example, I could see someone having the option of becoming a Minotaur, if they were to complete the quest up in the tundra, maybe with added detail.

• Oh, cool, purchasable races, that's fascinati-

>no Shoggoth

If Achaea did some that were as cool as these, and put them in the SoW, I'd grab one. You gotta figure a dagger of reinc is 100cr ($25), I'd gladly drop a couple crowns on a unique race. However, I'd want to be able to reinc back into that race freely, if I ever bought a dagger to change into something else.

• I think premium races like this could work fine, if it was made explicit that you weren't born as that race, you just have the ability to transform into it. For example, instead of making it something you reincarnate into, you have the ability to change back and forth between the new race and your normal race, kind of like dragon. Then it's more like premium shapeshifting, which wouldn't be out of place with the other powers artefacts can grant.

I do kind of dislike them being widely available for a limited time, though. Either make them permanently available, or offer 1-2 of them in an auction so they're even more limited.

• Strangely, as long as they aren't any better than the current races, I am OK with pay races but hate the idea that you actively transform into them (short of reincarnation).
  • Sweet. Introduce multirace with multiclass.

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.

No. Just no.

I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • FUCK yes, I want Schelkin.

(craaaaaaaaaaaaaab people, craaaaaaaaaaaaab people, taste like crab and talk like people)

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Synbios said:
    Trey said:

FUCK yes, I want Schelkin.

(craaaaaaaaaaaaaab people, craaaaaaaaaaaaab people, taste like crab and talk like people)

Disadvantage: You can only walk west or east. You can go northwest, southwest, northeast, or southeast, but with a tripled endurance cost when doing so because it's hard to deviate from the west-east movement.

what if you were born oriented north-south though?

I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • WeiWei Monterey, California
    Jonathin said:

IMPOSSIBLE!

• Jonathin said:

Then you are a filthy outcast mutant, fit only to be boiled alive in the purifying waters of your nearest seafood restaurant. All hail the Latitude Empire!

Mathonwy said:
    Please no I don't want to be buried alive under an avalanche of special snowflakes.

What are you talking about, @Mathonwy‌? I thought it was a given that you humans are all special. So sayeth this gentleman, Mr. Rogers.

That being said, I am glad we are all special snowflakes at present. Consider this: Would you want to have to experience the horror of two of me?

• KerriaKerria The Red Lioness
    I came to achaea to get away from impy. I just don't mesh with some aspects.
  • EiredhelEiredhel California

I'd pay to have Eiredhel recognized as pure-blooded Siren in a heartbeat. Though I doubt that'd be on the table. 100 bucks for it just in name, up to 300 if it altered how Denizens of other races reacted to you and so on. I wouldn't want/need anything that have a combat buff, but stuff to further roleplay would have my hands in my wallet so fast it'd break the space-time continuum. >_> 

*nudges wallet*

Meow, meow, etc. 
    Eiredhel's Family Tree

• @Eiredhel pure-blooded? Considering there's no mixed races, not sure what you mean by that.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• edited June 2014

@Synbios‌https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yGeroywBuo

As for the races, if they were on the same lines as current races they wouldn't sell and if they were more powerful it would just go back to being 'be this race for this class' that the trait system was implemented to avoid.

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Asmodron said:

Looks pretty cool.

I would however prefer the concept of 'special races' to be achievable by large quests in the game, rather than purchase. For example, I could see someone having the option of becoming a Minotaur, if they were to complete the quest up in the tundra, maybe with added detail.

Considering how most of the game approaches quests (find someone who did it and get them to show you), this doesn't seem like it would take very long for everyone to achieve.

• EiredhelEiredhel California
    Katzchen said:

@Eiredhel pure-blooded? Considering there's no mixed races, not sure what you mean by that.

No idea, it was time for me to be in bed, I assume I was sleep foruming. :(

Meow, meow, etc. 
    Eiredhel's Family Tree

• edited June 2014
    @Trey said:

————

Other than the "Oh god, please no" feeling I got while reading it, the OP immediately brought that to mind for me as well.
  • Poking around Imperian and their forums, my first impression is that we're downright stodgy in comparison, especially in our willingness to be open to new things.  Not that Achaea isn't by far the flagship game in terms of admin resources and size of player base, but yeah, it's refreshing over there.  

@Jules they have Jumpy overseeing things in Imperian. If they don't like new changes he just slaps them in an armbar until they submit.