June Event & Promo

Comments

• AktillumAktillum Philippines
    Carmell said:

Seriously Targ against the world.  So not fair.

there's an important OOC clan where everyone thought it'd be funny if all the cities picked Maklak. Micaelis thought it'd be funnier if Targ didn't.

• edited June 2014

Psh you should have heard Micaelis when he came in realms to find out about things.

• Aktillum said:
    Carmell said:

Seriously Targ against the world.  So not fair.

there's an important OOC clan where everyone thought it'd be funny if all the cities picked Maklak. Micaelis thought it'd be funnier if Targ didn't.

Guess you had to be there.

• I'd be interested to see what the distribution is for talismans if anyone happens to buy credits.. wondering how likely it is to score the crit pendant.

• CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN

Player feedback so far since you guys mentioned earlier it was useful.

Sceptre should poof if person holding it phases gets on a boat, or drops it.

Because so far what i've noticed from the event, it doesn't actually matter how many players are on the other side, if they get a faccet they can't do anything with out the Sceptre.

Change the resetting thing down to one month or so.

In the open pk type areas we're were to have mass conflict xp loss/gain should be removed to allow more people who're all like NOOO MY EXP to actually join in.

Cities should also have the exp gain/boost turned off during this event

and Sanctions should also be turned off for this event. to keep people from dropping entire carloads of tanks while there in Targossas to get our Sceptre.

Not sure on how faccets work, but likely they might need to work the same way as Sceptres.

• How dare you do a promotion like this before deleting veils! How will I buy everything?!

(did that help, @Scarlatti?)

• Actually I think the announce post adequately explained why Maklak was challenging. I don't think tying a promo in with game events cheapens anything. It creates a new opportunity to customise and have unique items (relatively) that build character depth and history. I haven't been here since the beginning, but compared to the last year and a half or so, this is BY FAR the best promo ever. 

I suppose somebody's going to find some way to complain about anything, but seriously, my hat's off to the admins and everybody else who did a great job on this.

The Truths hurt. Always.
  • Silas said:
    Somebody in the Tundra should start selling 'I helped Maklak take over the Conclave and all I got was this lousy mug' mugs so that those people who don't want to buy credits can get cool historical loot too.

We can engrave some medallions, silver because Maklak came in second.

• @Tecton Now that the city sides are being addressed, it would be nice to see some of the big balance-discouraging factors removed or addressed, at least for June:

- Why does Targossas/Eleusis still have wyverns? Their numbers are generally even and occasionally higher than ours, they don't need additional very powerful pets to assist them. I know they got toned down, but they frankly shouldn't be available now that Eleusis changed sides.

- Yudhi's team has a significantly easier time responding to any situation. If Rakia spawns and deathsights start, or if someone announces to their CT that Rakia spawned, all of them can either Pierce the Veil or use T2 wings and be at Polyargos in less than 10 seconds. On the opposite side, reaching the Tundra, even with dash/gallop, takes significantly longer. The ferry is not a balancing factor when the main fighters can all instantly transition, even from the Tundra in the case of Gare.

+I'd prefer to see something along the lines of: Maklak puts super-cold at the gare and wings exits, and only those with his blessing can utilize them. Possibly speed up the ferry to match average travel time to the Tundra. At this point, a world announce when the Guardians spawn would mean that those hunting the Guardian have a small window to act quickly without interference, but support is most likely on its way.

+Another solution is quick paths to Tundra, but this would be a situation where a world announce on Guardian spawn is a worse idea, because it would mean some reinforcements could instantly arrive, and lowers offensive (kill Guardian) strategy options.

Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• CarmellCarmell Eastern Washington

Why do you need this when Hirst will just camp up there and kill people that are killing the creatures even when the guardians aren't spawned?

• edited June 2014

Sentinels aren't with Yudhishthira - Sentinels are neutral, and are Eleusis' combat house (imy @Rangor). There are 3 or 4 Eleusians that are helping. You still have all of Mhaldor and Ashtan for your side, and the occasional random Hashani/Cyrenian/whoever else. Numbers are still radically in your favor - one or two instances where they were not does not mean that in general things are even. You guys still have a huge advantage even with us having wyverns. 

The differences in Polyargos and Tundra are largely irrelevant, we haven't yet had a force to come and interrupt your attempts at Torrid Rakia. I don't see a need for the tundra gare exit etc. when you can already just use earrings to get there from Aran'riod. 

i'm a rebel

• Tesha said:

Sentinels aren't with Yudhishthira - Sentinels are neutral, and are Eleusis' combat house (imy @Rangor). There are 3 or 4 Eleusians that are helping. You still have all of Mhaldor and Ashtan for your side, and the occasional random Hashani/Cyrenian/whoever else. Numbers are still radically in your favor - one or two instances where they were not does not mean that in general things are even. You guys still have a huge advantage even with us having wyverns. 

The differences in Polyargos and Tundra are largely irrelevant, we haven't yet had a force to come and interrupt your attempts at Torrid Rakia. I don't see a need for the tundra gare exit etc. when you can already just use earrings to get there from Aran'riod. 

Earrings require someone stationed in the Tundra, and as my post stated, I'd prefer keeping the Tundra path the same, removing the instant path to Poly for non-Maklak members, and increasing the speed of the ferry to match fastest speeds to Tundra (I would gladly show max speeds if requested, artied and non-artied, whichever example T wanted to use).

Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• I do agree it makes sense to balance the travel time out, but I don't think that making it so that Maklak aligned folk can still get straight to poly is a good solution since Yudhi folk still have to hitch a ride thru the wildnerness etc. to get to tundra with or without Yudhi's blessing.

Seems like making it equally easy or hard to get to both areas for either offense or defensive measures would be the best way to account for any imbalance on either side. 

• Yeah, they do. I get your point, it just isn't very significant. We face similar difficulties in getting to the Tundra, especially without earrings or portals. For that reason, it's much easier for team Maklak to hunt Polyargos than it is for team Yudhi to hunt Tundra - this is balanced out by the fact that it's also slightly harder for you guys to get to us as a group.

A greater issue is when smaller people become able to help, they're going to have a difficult time getting to the Tundra, too. But it's similarly difficult to get to Polyargos, so maybe that's not much of an issue, either.

i'm a rebel

• I agree that optimally, the travel time would be equal for both for both sides, or the same relative to offense/defense. (It's faster to get there to attack the guardian than it is to defend, so guardian attackers have advantage, as an example)

In the short term, the time it takes to get somewhere for offense is largely irrelevant, because the offense group is already there and ready to fight the Guardian. As changes get made and there can actually be fights when the Guardians are up, then the following two things need to be considered:

-A way for the Guardian-attacking party to quickly get back for their attack.

-A way for the Guardian-defending party to either convince the Guardian to retire from the field because 'they've got it under control' or to convince the Guardian to give them the facet. This way it doesn't become a "The Guardian is now alive until the attackers win, hold out as long as you can" situation.

• Why would the latter thing be considered? Ways for smaller people to contribute are being developed now, as far as I know. That doesn't give me the impression admin wanted this to be a zone-control type of event where your army sits in Tundra all day while 3-4 people bash Polyargos nonstop. If admin wanted it to go in the direction of purely PVP, why would bashing be included in this at all? 

i'm a rebel

• AchimrstAchimrst Nature
    edited June 2014
    Tesha said:

The Sentinel House is challenging that ban by Logistics, since it bars people that actually want to help the side that benefits Nature from participating. Personally, not going to risk getting ousted from the Sentinels(rejoining time is lengthy, event is only 2.5 IC years and Logistics is irrational) without waiting for at least a day or two to see if anything will be changed first in regards to that ban. Hopefully, we will get a new HL that is less passive.

@Exelethril The house is being eaten soon so....

• Tesha said:

Why would the latter thing be considered? Ways for smaller people to contribute are being developed now, as far as I know. That doesn't give me the impression admin wanted this to be a zone-control type of event where your army sits in Tundra all day while 3-4 people bash Polyargos nonstop. If admin wanted it to go in the direction of purely PVP, why would bashing be included in this at all? 

That's what that suggestion covers...

The current system, even if you defend the Guardian, the Guardian stays on the field. Right now if you were ever stopped from killing the Guardian, we could camp the zone as an Open PK zone and kill -anyone- until he randomly despawned. My suggestion was a way for the defenders to accomplish something via defense, instead of getting open hunting season on the area until either the attackers grouped enough people or the defense group got bored.

The shrines in Tundra should probably be addressed by Maklak at some point too, but I think if the Wyverns are removed then that brings group parity close enough that worldburn is a reasonable method of stopping a defense group for Yudhi's side.

• Achimrst said:
    Tesha said:
    <cut>

<cut>

s/eaten/deleted

Eaten implies that their members would join the absorbing House (the Sylvanic Fellowship). As if we would allow second-class forestals into our pristine House.

#onetrueforestalhouse #superlativesylvans #seriouslysentinelsstink

Party right, party hard,

Sing and dance, perfect bard.

Prefarar loop, accentato whore,

Buy a new rapier, get nerfed some more.

• Zeon said:
    Achimrst said:
    Tesha said:
    <cut>

<cut>

s/eaten/deleted

Eaten implies that their members would join the absorbing House (the Sylvanic Fellowship). As if we would allow second-class forestals into our pristine House.

#onetrueforestalhouse #superlativesylvans #seriouslysentinelsstink

We can allow them, but they will always be second-class forestals, never rising in rank unless they kiss our feet adequately. Yet even then, they will still be below HR5.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida

I asked this elsewhere, but realized later that the ranting menace is a terrible place to ask questions.

I was curious, being an entirely selfish, petty person who just prefers the ascetics of ice over fire, if it would be possible down the road to obtain items from the 'other' set you do not have access to. While I support Eleusis' decision from an IC stance to change (clearly by my willingness to die), my inner need for the ice items cried all the while.

It's very petty, but... is there any chance of it being a possibility, somehow, at some point?

And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • TohranTohran Everywhere you don't want to be. I'm the anti-Visa!
    Couple things in this thread confuse and slightly irritate me. 

1) Since when and where was it announced the Sentinels were vanishing? The Druids should go since they were the stubborn ones and refused to be a House instead of a Guild, if anyone in Eleusis is vanishing at all.

2) @Sarapis‌, @Vastar‌, @Scarlatti‌ (Sorry, you're the three divine in this thread): Can us smaller folk have a way to play too? I know I posted it elsewhere, but I lost about 46% to the wyverns the other day. It's completely impossible to successfully bash the new things without being a dragon. Even beside @Rangor‌ and another Eleusian dragon, whose name escapes me, I was DESTROYED so many times I about pulled a Cain. (putting my fist through my laptop's screen is called "pulling a Cain" for you newer folk.)

3) You pull the coolest and most profitable credit special bonus thingie on the month I am solid broke. I don't even want the special arties, I just want to sell them to shmucks who DO want them for exorbitant prices! Lookin' at you, @Torrent‌. (He needs a robe trim, help him out, guys.) 

PS: I think I figured out who Vastar used to be when he was a mortal. Yay me!

• @Tohran No decisions have been made regarding Eleusis Houses yet. People are just speculating.

• VeldrinVeldrin Denmark
    Can't you tone the difficulty of the darn things down so lesserforms can reasonable hunt those things that summon the guardians? If dragons are a problem, then how about making it so if a Dragon kill the bloody things they simply count for less in the 'summon the Guardian' system?

They already earn 50% less xp because as you said all those years back 'it's too easy for Dragons to steamroll and get tons of xp'

This discussion has been closed.