HTML5 Client Questions and Such

Comments

• TeghaineTeghaine Cape Town - South Africa - Africa (thatcontinentthatlookslikesouthamerica)

Nice for Mac... now need to find a windows equivalent. Thanks for the heads up on that.

• You can do it easily in Chrome:

Click on "tools", then "Create aplication shortcut".

Maybe it's not totally what you are looking for, but it may help?

• TeghaineTeghaine Cape Town - South Africa - Africa (thatcontinentthatlookslikesouthamerica)
    Orzaansyn said:

You can do it easily in Chrome:

Click on "tools", then "Create aplication shortcut".

Maybe it's not totally what you are looking for, but it may help?

Works alright... but it still does the thing where if I slip and hit ctrl+W it tries to exit the whole thing. Thanks for the info though.

• Ah. You maybe could also try to buy new fingers. :)

• WeiWei Monterey, California
    Khaavren said:

I am curious I would like to set a variable in a function equal to the output of a system command

so var whoAwake = (client.send_direct("who"); 

but that doesn't seem to work. Any suggestions on what I need to do 

You're missing a closing parenthesis there. However, I'm not sure if you needed the first opening one, or if this idea would even work. Does the send_direct function actually return anything?

• I have a 280 ping to www.achaea.com on terminal and 900 ms ping on the html client. What contributes to the big difference? HTML client is a whole lot slower today

• Aldrich said:
    I have a 280 ping to www.achaea.com on terminal and 900 ms ping on the html client. What contributes to the big difference? HTML client is a whole lot slower today

Restart your mac

• Jiano said:
    Aldrich said:
    I have a 280 ping to www.achaea.com on terminal and 900 ms ping on the html client. What contributes to the big difference? HTML client is a whole lot slower today

Restart your mac

Didn't work :smiley: 

• Has anyone worked out the syntax to call onGMCP with a run function? I saw a few references to it but nothing that seemed to work. 

Thanks

• What is a run function?

• You can call functions in scripts using run_function(name, args, package).

• I am curious since the client is already tracking mobs in the client window is there a way to grab the info from there rather than running my own proc on GMCP and creating more tables and overhead on the system? 

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    The information window just pulls it from the GMCP messages, so I'm afraid not.

• WeiWei Monterey, California

Checking the option "Hide all chat messages in the main window if they are shown in another tab" doesn't seem to have any effect.

Wei said:

Checking the option "Hide all chat messages in the main window if they are shown in another tab" doesn't seem to have any effect.

Hrrm, something may have broke in the latest build - we'll get it sorted out.

• edited May 2014

@Tecton any advice on the proper way to call onGMCP I don't want to always put stuff in onGMCP and have it proc'd every time onGMCP procs, I'd rather call it myself. 

Khaavren said:

@Tecton any advice on the proper way to call onGMCP I don't want to always put stuff in onGMCP and have it proc'd every time onGMCP procs, I'd rather call it myself. 

Hrrm, personally, I'd just have onGMCP store the relevant information that you want, then access it from wherever you need to access it.

• unfortunately that just puts a load on the CLient having onGMCP pulling stuff everytime it cycles if you don't need it. 

• OK on to the next question. I created a new reflex package called bashing but any trigger or anything I put in it give me the following type errors

Error in Trigger Script [Target Enter]:
    ReferenceError: bashing is not defined

Change the name of the package and the ReferenceError changes with it. Do I need to somethinig special to get the main package to recognize a new package, I've not seen this problem before. 

• I am far from an expert in Java, and I need some help with a script.

I'm trying to set a delay, like what was in the first few posts, and I get a reference error: unexpected token (, or something similar.

Is it possible to get a more clearly defined list of functions the HTML5 client will work with? I'm flying blind here.

• edited May 2014
    (not letting me edit my previous post for clarification)

setTimeout(function () {
         // Do something useful here //
         send_direct("em drops it to the flo'."); // Send a command to the game //     
         print("You just dropped it to the flo'.", "red"); // Print something locally (in red) //     
         run_function("apply_frost"); // Cause it's getting hot in here //    
    }, 2500); // That's 2500 milliseconds, or 2.5 seconds //

Using this with a few small edits (my own functions, removing the comments), I get the following error:

What isn't defined here? I don't see a 'miscellaneous' that needs definition.

• Ruran said:
    I am far from an expert in Java, and I need some help with a script.

Javascript is not Java. They are two different language.

Ruran said:

Using this with a few small edits (my own functions, removing the comments), I get the following error:

What isn't defined here? I don't see a 'miscellaneous' that needs definition.

The error message is quite explicit. You have a reference to miscellaneous and that miscellaneous is not defined. I advise you to look in your apply_frost function.

• Orzaansyn said:

Javascript is not Java. They are two different language.

And you're starting to see my problem. I've never used either, and I wouldn't know the differences.
    I advise you to look in your apply_frost function.

It contained nothing more than a single line - 

client.send_direct("apply frost");

• Any chance we could get a hack or change to show Uncompleted Tasks in a tab, instead of just the completed ones?  Seems silly to have a whole list of things you have already done.

Unad said:

Any chance we could get a hack or change to show Uncompleted Tasks in a tab, instead of just the completed ones?  Seems silly to have a whole list of things you have already done.

There was a small bug that was corrected last night that should fix this back up! If not, just let us know in-game (via the BUG command), and we'll take a look!

• I am at a complete loss here. The trigger script:

setTimeout( run_function("applyFrost"), 2000 )

And the function script:

client.send("apply frost")

And I'm still getting ReferenceError: miscellaneous is not defined. Where, precisely, in this equation is "miscellaneous" located? There isn't any other code, no "miscellaneous" is used. The only thing I can think is that there is some identifier or token that I'm not using. I'm sure the trigger itself is working properly. I can highlight or gag or do anything with it that I could normally do in a trigger, but the function itself refuses to run. 

Ruran said:

I am at a complete loss here. The trigger script:

setTimeout( run_function("applyFrost"), 2000 )

And the function script:

client.send("apply frost")

And I'm still getting ReferenceError: miscellaneous is not defined. Where, precisely, in this equation is "miscellaneous" located? There isn't any other code, no "miscellaneous" is used. The only thing I can think is that there is some identifier or token that I'm not using. I'm sure the trigger itself is working properly. I can highlight or gag or do anything with it that I could normally do in a trigger, but the function itself refuses to run. 

Definitely sounds like something somewhere else in your settings. I'd try backing up all of your scripts and settings (click the export button), reload the client, hit "no" when it asks you to load your settings, and just make that one trigger and see.

• Tecton said:

try backing up all of your scripts and settings (click the export button), reload the client, hit "no" when it asks you to load your settings

I've only used the import/export settings. The "save client settings/load settings" buttons don't work at all for me, and I couldn't tell you why. That probably has something to do with it.

After experimenting with it, apparently the script was not running because I was attempting to call the function within a script in the original trigger. After setting the trigger to only call the specific function that contained the delay, it worked flawlessly. I don't know why this works, but it works.

• Ruran said:
    Tecton said:

try backing up all of your scripts and settings (click the export button), reload the client, hit "no" when it asks you to load your settings

I've only used the import/export settings. The "save client settings/load settings" buttons don't work at all for me, and I couldn't tell you why. 

I can tell you why: You are using Internet Explorer.

• Orzaansyn said:

I can tell you why: You are using Internet Explorer.

Incorrect, sir. Win7, latest Chrome. I think it might have something to do with me using a VPN. Really though, that part isn't a problem. I like having a locally saved version of my settings just in case the servers go phbbbbbbbt one day.