Video Games

Comments

• Been hooked on PSO2 lately. It plays almost exactly like PSO did over ten years ago, but it's still addictive.
  • edited October 2012
    Erasariel said:
    I bought a used copy of Civilization II from a thrift store today. Much fun was had.

(it's multiplayer, too! I don't know how to make that work though :P)
    Easily one of my favourite PC series - I remember playing the first one when it came out with my dad and how amazed I was by the updates in the second.

ETA: And now I have to download and try Freeciv, heh!

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• Is anyone else getting an absurd amount of bugs in Assassin's Creed 3? D:
  • I abandoned that franchise when they made 2 "Always Online" to play. Same with Diablo III. As I have previously stated I do not have the most reliable of connections and when my internet is down I usually like to play a single player game instead. With games like that I am completely screwed.

Stupid DRM is Stupid.

• Just picked up Dishonored this week, hoping to get around to it this week. I've heard awesome things. 

I would be interested in anyone's opinion of the new MoH. The reviews were not fantastic and I don't plan to pick it up regardless, but still. 
    Mathonwy said:
    dactylic hexameter is
    way more interesting than the inside of anyone's vagina.
  • edited November 2012
    Started dabbling in Dungeon Fighter Online. Even with its unpolished, retro side scrolling look, it grew on me on my first three hours or so of play. Also, it helped that it had awesome introductions with this kind of comic style:

Really, really like the game. Hope some of you would like to try it too!

League of Legends: IA ROCKS (NA)
    Guild Wars 2: erasariel.1532 - Devona's Rest (NA)
    Final Fantasy XIV: Novi Selea - Cactuar (NA)
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ErasarielOfAchaea/
    Achaea: Erasariel (duh!)
  • I tried DFO before, but I didn't really get into it. Then again, MMOs rarely grab me apart from TOR.
  • edited November 2012
    Yeah, DFO kinda grates, especially if you're alone.

If you wanna give it another shot, feel free to PM me and we can level together. <3

Also, I HATE the Goblin Pad. It's secure, yes, but it's really really tricky to use.

League of Legends: IA ROCKS (NA)
    Guild Wars 2: erasariel.1532 - Devona's Rest (NA)
    Final Fantasy XIV: Novi Selea - Cactuar (NA)
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ErasarielOfAchaea/
    Achaea: Erasariel (duh!)
  • For the sake of nostalgia, I broke out my old copy of Civilization III. ICBMing all the nations has never been so much fun.

• Freakyforms on the 3DS is quite hilarious!

My friend code is 2449-6019-3445 if any of you guys want to create some weird stuff and share it with me!
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Have been playing Skyrim and then MW3 on PSN. If anyone still plays MW3 ( I just got it and won't be getting BO2 ), feel free to add me: UNST3R_BLICH.

• PLAY COMPANY OF HEROES WITH ME. =(

• Kresslack said:
    If anyone still plays MW3 ( I just got it and won't be getting BO2 ), feel free to add me: UNST3R_BLICH.
    Not a Treyarch fan, or not a fan of dropping $60 on new titles? 
    Mathonwy said:
    dactylic hexameter is
    way more interesting than the inside of anyone's vagina.
  • XCOM is one of the best games I have played in years. Also, the Dark Souls expansion is pretty awesome, even though they nerfed all the weapons. Between Achaea, XCOM and Dark Souls, I must be a masochist
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • Playing Umihara Kawase. Again.

Getting very, very frustrated. Again.
  • They did a Dark Souls expansion?

Goddammit, time to go die.
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Mechwarrior Online just opened its beta, and I've been junking giant robots ever since. I'm already really impressed with the balance, realism, and customization opportunity, and it's obvious they're still deep in development. It's also free, so no risk if anyone wants to blow off some steam in a 100 ton engine of destruction.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • Ohmygod Mechwarrior.

Why is Aerek so awesome.
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    edited November 2012
    Why aren't you being awesome and shooting the arms off Atlases with him?
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • I am going to download it the moment I've got good net and I am going to open a can of Flea Flamethrower goodness. I have only ever played MechWarriors: Mercenaries but I had lots of fun overheating my friends running around with their silly Atlas'. I finished one off while limping because they managed to nail me in the foot.
  • I LOVED MechWarrior: Mercs, I still have it but can't play it T_T. I got Radiant Historia for the Nintendo DS on Monday, IT. IS. AWESOME!

I'm hoping to get a new laptop sometime next year (LOL), but when I do I'll be playing DDO, SWTOR, and who knows what else! XD
  • Considering going all digital for any future game purchases that don't have LEs. I'm still a case and manual person, but nowadays publishers are either stripping down manuals to nothing or, in the case of the Vita, removing them completely and making the manual accessible from the software itself.
  • Publishers have been doing that for years now, afaik. At least, I knew of publishers doing it since the 90s, as I remember getting games with physical AND digital manuals. It is becoming more popular these days though, definitely. And who doesn't find it easier to just download a great game off gog.com or Steam? (On that note, Steam seems to have acquired KOTOR II. *fangirlscream*)

Aside from Minecraft, lately I've been splitting some time between Divine Divinity and Planescape Torment, mostly the latter.

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    getting fallen enchantress tonight.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • KOTOR II was awesome, up until you realize that half of the game is missing.

I spent four hours, give or take, trying to find a door into the last area's unfinished section.

KOTOR I for the win.
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    Aina said:
    Been hooked on PSO2 lately. It plays almost exactly like PSO did over ten years ago, but it's still addictive.
    Eagerly awaiting the NA release, I still play PSO religiously.
  • Ah, release deadlines, the bane of Obsidian's existence.

Also omg Demon's Souls why you kill me so much.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Chryenth said:
    KOTOR II was awesome, up until you realize that half of the game is missing.

I spent four hours, give or take, trying to find a door into the last area's unfinished section.

KOTOR I for the win.
    There is a book called 'Revan' which wraps everything up. Worth buying/downloading. Very good read.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • It is on my to-read list. Along with a great deal of other things.
  • The boyfriend finally got GW2 so I'll probably drop off the face of the earth to play that with him for a little. I'm sorry @Xenomorph. I'll get my tests done, I promise! Just don't yell at me.