Please allow me to introduce myself...

[The Too Long, Won't Read: Hello!  You guys rock!]

My character is about to celebrate her first after abduction Birthday ("Wow," said the players with 300-year-old characters, "tell us more about your longevity, Oh Mighty One."), so I just wanted to drop in and say "Hello!"  I've heard about Achaea for awhile now, from a friend with a mostly-dormant character, and the praise is completely justified.  Thus, I'd like to add a bit of my own:

- Mhaldor!  My mother thanks you, my father thanks you, and I thank you.  Since I joined, so many people have gone out of their way to help me, it's unbelievable.  I want my character to be pretty different from me, the smartass (somewhat less evil) goof, so at the moment, I'm playing her much more reserved.  Which is fine except that, in character, my responses have been, "Thank you. That's very helpful," when what I want to say, OOCly, is "Thank you, thank you, thank you, you are a Golden God, here's a picture of a kitten on a rocking horse!"  So, to all of the friendly folks I've met and will meet (particularly @Zii, @Carmain, @Nadria, @Arcion, @Vrah, @Boosteya who've all taken much of their time to help a sister out), you're awesome.  [Further praise redacted to preserve Evil League of Evil mystique]

- My Mhaldor rant?  It's really quite difficult to have Dracaria avoid saying or doing anything that could get her decapitated or fed to the piranha when -I- am snickering at the computer in response to the wit found in the city.  Every time I play, I have to remind myself (multiple times!) "your character is a Mhaldorian, not a Tickle Me Elmo."

- Citizens of other cities! I'm sure you're all streets ahead, but sadly I haven't had much interaction with anyone beyond "Please leave our city" or, "Get out, and don't come back" or, "Slave!  Feel free to browse the shops...of Mhaldor, which you can find when you speedily depart from our town."  When I'm out of newbiedom and don't have to spend most of my time scrounging for gold (she said, full of hope), I hope to meet and oppress many, many more of you!

And, finally, apologies in advance for any tentative, inconsistent RP. I wanted a challenge (idiot), and the process of crafting a non-moustache-twirling-cartoon evil is certainly that -- particularly when an 18-year-old character is practically still a toddler.  Bonus apologies: my combat might suck for awhile, but I'm trying! 

Comments

• Thank you! And, ha, while I am sorry to disappoint, I'm delighted that the "Sympathy for the Devil"ness wasn't missed!  

• Can I call you adorable? That intro was adorable. Welcome to Achaea!

Mhaldorians find ways to communicate with the rest of us weaklings, often at the end of a blade, but I'm sure you'll manage, one way or another. It IS a challenge, but sometimes, it's the challenges that keep us the most engrossed. If you need help, just ask! 

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• Aww. Dracaria welcome to Achaea. First time I have been raved at... that I know of! Looking forward to many more interactions!

• CaoimhaenCaoimhaen Targossas
    Mhaldor is awesome. Heheh. And I agree with everyone. That intro was kind of adorable. Welcome to Achaea where anything is possible!

• TohranTohran Everywhere you don't want to be. I'm the anti-Visa!
    Welcome to what will consume your life like a tapeworm in your belly. I'm sure we will meet one day ICly, and Tohran will just ignore you. You aren't a tree, or involved with his order, so he really doesn't care that much.

Just don't do what @Vicious‌ does and exterminate right after an Ashtani raid, or I might OOC start to hate you.

(I have no clue what your class is, so I'll just put it there to be safe.)

• edited May 2014

I'm late to the Stones party DAMN IT @TARAUS I LITERALLY CAME IN HERE TO POST THAT

also @Vrah and @Mishgul are #amazing (not a slight to the others; I just haven't ever really interacted with them as much as I have these two).

ETA: oh yeah welcome to Achaea also.

Saeva said:
    If Mathonwy is 2006 I wish 2007 had never come.
    Xenomorph said:
    heh. Mathowned.
    Message #12872 Sent by Jurixe
    4/16/0:41
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
  • edited May 2014

Hi @Dracaria‌

@Tohran Hi - this person prob has not a single clue what you're talking about

• HexanHexan In the shadows
    Welcome to Achaea! : D

Try not to get addicted to killing rats for gold... you uh... might end up with a mob kill counter that eerily starts to approach those who've been bashing for years.

*cough* Anyways, welcome! :3
  • @Jurixe Thank you for the welcome!  Hopefully, I'll be sticking around for awhile (or running far, far away from this life-devourer!).

Very good advice re: the forums.  I've seen a few "arguments" that look like they've been festering for a good chunk of time, and am hoping to avoid most of that and just have fun.  (So, if I ever get too "SIRIUS BIZNIZ!!" on these forums, please point to this post and clear your throat meaningfully. :smiley: ) 

See you in game!

• Have you considered

Yes

@Mishgul

Saeva said:
    If Mathonwy is 2006 I wish 2007 had never come.
    Xenomorph said:
    heh. Mathowned.
    Message #12872 Sent by Jurixe
    4/16/0:41
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
  • Dont worry I plan on beating the snot out of you until we both dont lose anymore. Have you been practicing like I showed you. XD
    Cooper said:
    This is one of the worst forms of special snowflake RP I've ever seen. Thanks for going to another city to do it!
  • TohranTohran Everywhere you don't want to be. I'm the anti-Visa!

Noone has posted this yet? I am disappointed in all of you! For shame!

• KerriaKerria The Red Lioness
  • @Tohran: On the contrary, I'm more ashamed that it might have needed to be posted and wasn't simply understood.
  • @Tohran @Nim: I'm a sucker for the version from the Rock n Roll Circus, myself.