Blademaster

Wasn't sure if there was a thread I should ask this in, if so, sorry!

Anyway, I decided to give Blademaster a try. So far, the class seems very cool thematically and I like the name of the sword I got (Iron Phoenix). I was looking over the artifacts and noticed the blademaster bands. Would getting one of those and putting it on my sword turn it into non decaying? Are they worth getting pk-wise? I've played a lot of IRE classes across the other games, but never seen one like Blademaster, so I'm extremely curious about where they rank in bashing/pvp/artifact effectiveness and such.

Comments

• Yes, and yes. Best bm artie you can buy.

• Bands are literally Blademaster: Blademaster Harder.

• Is it worth it for just bashing? Or should I think more about getting it for the combat aspect?

• A crit pendant would -probably- be better for flat bashing, but @Sena would be better to ask about that. But a Band literally just makes your attacks stronger and faster - I think a level 3 gives you like .9s balance on drawslash?

• Band is better for bashing

• edited May 2014

Bands are literally Blademaster: Blademaster Harder Faster Stronger.

Harder - non-decay

Faster - Upgraded attack speed

Stronger - higher bm attack damage

The bands essentially Daft Punk'ify your sword.

Aylena said:

Is it worth it for just bashing? Or should I think more about getting it for the combat aspect?

You get faster and stronger drawslash speeds, which are always nice for bashing. These same benefits also apply to combat, plus the part where you break limbs faster.

But why are we talking about this nonsense? The most important reason why blademaster bands are the best is because we get to keep our super awesome favorite blade name!

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States

You can issue yourself and ask to test one for a few minutes. Lvl 3 is very, very impressive and addictive.

• Synbios said:
    about this nonsense? The most important reason why blademaster bands are the best is because we get to keep our super awesome favorite blade name!

This guy. He understands me.

• Talaan said:
    Synbios said:
    about this nonsense? The most important reason why blademaster bands are the best is because we get to keep our super awesome favorite blade name!

This guy. He understands me.

Of course I do. I understand the mind of all humans. Such is the nature of being an eldritch abomination.

Just remember though, when dealing with me:

And we'll get along nicely. Well, besides the sanity loss and occasional urge to write mad gibberish in walls with your fingernails.

• @Synbios: Pfft. That rule only applies to mortals with SAN stats.

• CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    edited May 2014
    Bands are awesome, for pk they allow you to do things you couldn't normally such as locks, They make breaking alot simpler and they increase your speed.

Blademaster has crap accuracy however.

Bands are nice in pk, but Unless your going for damage kills they are actually not needed. as you can do your normal setup without a band just as well as you can with a band.

As for bashing, A level 3 band in arash blademaster (assuming 12 strength) does as much dps as 84/84 rapiers dsling at 1.8

Artied to hell monk does about 350ish while bm/me were coming in at 307-309 bashing wise on a falcon. (those were runed rapiers also with 18 strength)

So while your still not as good as monk with a band you're slightly below it.

edited May 2014

On second thought to my previous post with high strength bm might pass up monk bashing dps

• Even in Arash, blademaster isn't going to beat artied monk in offense. Blademaster in Mir might be better than monk defensively though.

Sena said:

Even in Arash, blademaster isn't going to beat artied monk in offense. Blademaster in Mir might be better than monk defensively though.

In theory if you keepup numb as monk while slowing down your damage (as mir does) you should still be more defensive than mir stance. with an off chance to die ..maybe?

• Bashing with numb constantly will make you bash slower than any other class. Numb is not a bashing ability except for an "Oh shit I might die saaaaaaaave meeeeeeeee" button.

If you bash using numb a lot you are doing it wrong.