New forum rule - no animated signatures

The title says it all. They have become annoying.

http://www.achaea.com/forum-rules

Comments

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    A real shame. Would much rather have no allowed .gifts  on the body of a post. Ah well...

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Most signatures amused me, and some of them are just :3

The only one I didn't really like was the spider one, but I have enough internet fortitude to just scroll past it.

While I agreed with the limit on signature size, I feel this change is a significant reduction of forum quality. :c

• I'm making plans already.

• @Achimrst That's an animated gif in your sig!

• How I feel about this rule

vvvv

meh

• Awesome.   Thank you.

• JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it

Aww, but red pandas.

Will fix after I get home, time to make a new one anyway.

If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States

My were usually humerous and witty, but I guess people using gianormous ones gets annoying, especially when they stack them on top of each other. Looking at you, @Bluef.

• This is a great blessing to those with terribad internet.

Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • Sarapis said:

@Achimrst That's an animated gif in your sig!

Perfecting my art doesn't take minutes.

• crap

i'm a rebel

• Open it in mspaint and save as a gif.
  • Tesha said:

Does this count as a gif or a picture? You can't tell if it's spinning or not. Can I use this as my sig and be rebellious? I'm gonna use this as my sig and be rebellious.

I didn't say you couldn't use gifs. I said you couldn't use animated gifs. The .gif format is quite lovely for reducing file size of graphics that don't contain a lot of gradients.

• This saddens me greatly. And when I get sad...

...universes burn. But after I change my sig, of course. 

• JamethielJamethiel Adelaide

@Sarapis - you could consider forcing the signatures to be a certain height as well - or get rid of them altogether (seriously - are they necessary?).

Jamethiel said:

@Sarapis - you could consider forcing the signatures to be a certain height as well - or get rid of them altogether (seriously - are they necessary?).

They just gave us these fancy new character banners, so yes.

• OuraniaOurania The Garden of the Gods
    Jamethiel said:

13. Forum signatures may not be animated or taller than 200 pixels.

• edited May 2014
    That's great, except that rule seems pretty arbitrarily enforced. Maybe it's just because I use a laptop to browse forums quite often (when not just doing it on my phone) but there are people with stacked images that are probably side by side on wider resolutions.

• Pictures in forum sigs are a waste of space in general.  I wish I could just turn signatures off entirely, tbh.

Except for @Tesha's.  I like watching it spin.

The irony is that he technically has a picture in his sig space.

• edited May 2014
    Kresslack said:

It's not that I really mind them in general, it's just that people tend to go overboard.  It's silly when 7/10ths of a thread is signatures. (ex: approximately 1/15th of the vertical space Kresslack's post occupies is actually his post.)

edit:  Oh yeah, @Kayeil - thanks!  Wow, I especially love the mobile option.  

Ernam said:
    Kresslack said:

It's not that I really mind them in general, it's just that people tend to go overboard.  It's silly when 7/10ths of a thread is signatures. (ex: approximately 1/15th of the vertical space Kresslack's post occupies is actually his post.)

edit:  Oh yeah, @Kayeil - thanks!  Wow, I especially love the mobile option.  

I don't always make one line posts, but when I do, it's because I want you to read my sig quotes.

• sarapis why ;_;

Saeva said:
    If Mathonwy is 2006 I wish 2007 had never come.
    Xenomorph said:
    heh. Mathowned.
    Message #12872 Sent by Jurixe
    4/16/0:41
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.