Self Limb Counter

Comments

• Just going throw this in here... chelp is probably a bad alias for your limb counter's help file.

• > @Dragonknight said:
    > Just going throw this in here... chelp is probably a bad alias for your limb counter's help file.

Technically it won't interfere with chelp with an argument, but I'll change it anyways to avoid confusion.
  • Ernam said:
    > @Dragonknight said:
    > Just going throw this in here... chelp is probably a bad alias for your limb counter's help file.

Technically it won't interfere with chelp with an argument, but I'll change it anyways to avoid confusion.

CHELP by itself is a command too, functionally the same as CHELP INDEX, I suppose, but a command nonetheless.

• A round of updates going out tonight, send me a PM or in game message if you don't get the e-mail.

Includes a lot of cosmetic changes, upgraded anti-illusion, and a few bugfixes (most notably one with @slc custom prompt tag)

And chelp is now slchelp.   :#

• @Seragorn has been kind enough to give my tracker code a makeover, while in the process increasing the functionality of several aspects of the system.

I'll be adding a few more API functions and updating the help file, and distributing it to everyone who has SLC so far within the next 24-48 hours.
  • edited May 2014

Demo of the new slc.is_prepped(limb) function in action, along with limb prep warnings (optional).

slc.is_prepped(limb) returns true if the last type of attack would break the limb.  This means that if you're at 75% due to rend, it'll return true, but it'd return false after a DSL (since you're prepped for DSL at ~80-85%)

This functionality opens up a world of defensive options, as it allows you to swap priorities, execute commands/functions, or simply pop up large, easily visible warnings (built in already).

Example with limb damage display disabled.

Example with limb damage display enabled.

example of slc.is_prepped(limb) in action:

if slc.is_prepped("right leg") and slc.is_prepped("left leg") then
         set_priority("mangledrightleg", 1)
         set_priority("mildtrauma", 5)
    else
         set_priority("mangledrightleg", 5)
         set_priority("mildtrauma", 1)
    end
  • Huge update sent out, please let me know if you're not on the mailing list.

Things fixed:

Far more efficient code (with the help of Seragorn)
    Added Bard and Blademaster (BM is working well-ish, have patience - it's really tricky!)
    Added slc.is_prep(limb) which returns a boolean
    Fixed an issue with SVO's custom prompt tag not working for some people.
    Flawless anti-illusion.
    A bunch of other stuff!

• slc.is_prepped(limb). *
  • edited May 2014
    This is all in SLChelp, but you always have the option of disabling SLC's trauma diagnosis feature (enabled by default). It will still warn you on preps and breaks, but won't tell your system, if you would rather use diagnose or a manual alias to do this.

For SVO, simply change the svo_enabled setting to false.

For server curing, set the server_curing setting to false.

I personally recommend leaving both of these enabled. There are several consequences to disabling this functionality, while the only drawback is the possibility of an early diagnosis in very specific circumstances. (Never against a sylvan, however!)

One thing worth mentioning is that some systems (including SVO) do not (by default) take into account that you may not always want to cure internal trauma every time you have it. This can be addressed with strategic ignoring of the affliction through your system (see above posts) or by simply setting SLC's previously mentioned system interaction settings to false, at any time (using a triggered scenario, or a simple alias). Just remember to re-enable after you are out of a dangerous setup when it is safe to do so.

Feel free to catch me in game with any questions you may have on this or any other feature of SLC.
  • I think I have to get this. One question: does it respect parry? I had coded up quite a complex counter myself and then realised it was running off svo's "svo hit limb" event which would trigger even if you parried the attack.

"To thine own self be true."
  • I think I have to get this. One question: does it respect parry? I had coded up quite a complex counter myself and then realised it was running off svo's "svo hit limb" event which would trigger even if you parried the attack.

It correctly handles absolutely all forms of mitigation, including parry, reflections, guarding, etc.  Other related features include anti-illusion, automatic adjustments from stances, and retroactive corrections if assumed hit-counts are ever wrong.  Counts accurately with SoA/anthem/numb, as well.

It's also very easy to swap over if you're using a different counter, as SLC's tables are easily referenced directly, or you can use slc.is_prepped(limb) which intelligently returns a boolean based on how much limb damage your opponent is doing per hit. (ex. returns true for sylvans at 75%, but would return false at 75% for a knight doing 15% per DSL).

• WessuxWessux Chattanooga

I just want something that counts for me. I don't need it to be fancy. My programming skills are dick at best. How -not- fancy can this be made? I don't need anti illusions, I don't need it to till my system stuff. I just need it to count and reset if my limb breaks. Have it echo the new number every time I'm hit, and have a command to see it if I forget. And a manual way to set my numbers in case of illusions or weird system stuff happens.

Invest in a 9mm retirement plan.
  • You're a disgrace to monks :( Helping all our prey catch when we break their torsos :/ 
    Jk, nice work though

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    @Zuko Just gonna say this. Even if a person catches the broken torso, there's -quite- a few ways to kill still. You don't HAVE to have torso dmg bbt.

• edited May 2014
    Wessux said:

I just want something that counts for me. I don't need it to be fancy. My programming skills are dick at best. How -not- fancy can this be made? I don't need anti illusions, I don't need it to till my system stuff. I just need it to count and reset if my limb breaks. Have it echo the new number every time I'm hit, and have a command to see it if I forget. And a manual way to set my numbers in case of illusions or weird system stuff happens.

Every feature of SLC is optional.  The three primary uses of the system are:

Display limb damage information for the user.
              (to disable, set 'display' setting to "off")
         Catch torso breaks and inform your system when they occur
              (to disable, set 'server_curing' and/or 'svo_enabled' to false)
         Provide a scripted means to access limb damage information (slc.percentages[limb] and slc.is_prepped(limb))
              (use of these is entirely optional but can massively improve the effectiveness of your defense)

Yes, you can manually set and reset your numbers with an alias (cres).  You may also manually (temporarily) set your hits-to-break for any attack type (ex: cs thornrend 5).

@Wessux One last note - SLC is entirely open-source.  Its inner workings are somewhat complex depending on your level of coding skill, but modification of the triggers, or making your own aliases or functions should be relatively simple.  If you (or anyone else) needs help customizing SLC, feel free to ask.  (I would strongly recommend doing these changes outside of the actual system folder so you don't lose them on updates.

I just want something that counts for me.

If by this you mean you would rather use a hit count than percentages in the display, you can reference slc.hitcount instead of slc.percentages.  I would be happy to include an output format using a hit count in your copy if you decide to buy the system.

• edited May 2014
    Daslin said:
    @Zuko Just gonna say this. Even if a person catches the broken torso, there's -quite- a few ways to kill still. You don't HAVE to have torso dmg bbt.

I'd very much like to see a BBT kill without torso damage (for at least one BBT).  To this day I've never seen it, but I have sip/regen rings.  I'm inclined to say that if you prioritize limbs correctly (standard torso > legs > arms) against a monk, and catch the torso break (immediately after the combo) you should never die to BBT.  I'd love to see this proven wrong though, if possible.  (Enfeeble/SWK/BBT/BBT might work, but is easily escaped)

I kinda wish AXK wasn't 100% pointless now, so people would actually have to worry about broken head against monks.

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    @Ernam AxK isn't 100% pointless. Just takes a little ingenuity to make it worth using. As for the non-torso broken bbt kill? That's a secret I won't be telling. :P

• ...Ernam Kross has literally explained how to use axk before and we have pointed this out to you. You're fucking terrible at this combat thing.

• edited May 2014
    I'd love to discuss this in a mature, informed discussion, with you.  That discussion needs to be elsewhere, however.
  • I'm sold from what I've read and I can afford 50 credits, seems like a fair bit of work and you're right in that Vadi sells hundreds of systems so can afford to make it lower. For only selling a few copies of the system I think higher is fine. Also I don't complain when I spend 1250 credits to gain that last extra stat point so 50 is not much comparatively.

"To thine own self be true."
  • Just wanted to throw this out there since I've had several people report having a problem with SLC's SVO custom prompt tag (@slc).

It doesn't show up in your prompt unless you have some limb damage (like Vadi's limb counter).
  • edited May 2014

Hit 40 people using SLC today, so big thanks to everyone for their feedback, recommendations, and for those who are able to afford it, the donations (they help me justify the constant tweaking, updates, and support).  Another update coming soon with slightly tweaked Tekura and Blademaster accuracy, as well as a few minor bug-fixes (mostly related to anti-illusion).

I've been giving out a credit bonus for referrals, so feel free to recommend to others if you like it.

Just a reminder, SLC is free!  I only ask for donations from people who can obviously afford it, or from people who feel that it's worth it.  So far I've had no complaints!  To get a copy of it, or if you have any questions, just ask me via PM or in-game via message.

• CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    edited May 2014
    For the record I've missed alot of this arguement sake wise.

But im assuming this has the option to auto apply to torso.
    Reverse limb counters are the shit
    This is a hell of alot easier than me sitting there counting 6 punches to torso before I diag then que svo to touch shield.
    If applying to torso automatically will get you killed than any other limb break before torso will as well. It's not your systems fault that you don't touch shield when your torso breaks vs monk (assuming both legs are preped)

And personally with systems like this that track torso damage being made public like this (same for svo) I think it pushes the combat community into looking into something besides torso damage for things like disembowel, people who already had these things in game were easily auto applying to torso.. Making disembowel pretty much impossible in my eyes (assuming they go for torso over arms and head that leaves legbreaks to stop them from healing torso which if they do first won't allow you to disembowel to start with)

Now that it's openly available to those of us who can't code that well we might see some changes on something setup to be hidden to start with.

----
    And for the record I don't have it but i'll pick it up later when I can get some more credits. 

----
    Also for the record 50 credits for something like this is far more surviability and cheaper than most artifacts. Knowing when your about to break is so useful you can easily turn around fights with prep classes.

• edited May 2014

@Caladbolg‌

SLC never "does" anything regarding curing.  What it -does- do is interface with your system, and tell it that you have a broken torso, when you do.  For those using SVO, it uses svo.vaff("mildtrauma").  For server curing, it uses the CURING PREDICT functionality.  In both cases, your curing will occur based upon your settings and priorities.  Also, this functionality is entirely optional, and even toggleable.

Furthermore, the combat implications of using such a system range far beyond just torso damage.  Being able to reference (in code) the exact status of your limbs allows you to automate curing priority swaps that were never before able to be "coded in".  Now, for example, instead of having to manually take over curing for heartseed, or create complex (and unreliable) aliases to override normal curing, you can simply automate whatever logic that you would use as a player into your system.  Without a good self limb damage tracker, this simply cannot be automated.  Knowing to "hold off" on curing a broken leg when your torso is prepped against a sylvan is something your system can only do if it knows your torso is prepped.  This functionality extends to essentially every class that can do limb damage.  It can also be used for simple but incredibly effective "fake" salve applications, illusions, and pre-application of salves in user-defined circumstances.

So you're right, it's definitely becoming a more common thing, and is definitely going to impact the world of combat, specifically for classes that revolve around limb damage.

Many people have been using such systems for a long time, however it was my intention to make a system that is easy, accurate, and fully integratable into whatever system you prefer.  I'm also proud to offer the system to anyone, with or without payment.  I personally believe that this tracker is worth 50cr.  (It's worth the 100+ hours of work I've put into developing, testing, and perfecting it).

@Caladbolg, if you'd like a copy, just msg me your e-mail and I'll send it.  I only ask that you pay for it if once you've tried it out, you feel that it's worth the 50cr.  I'm absolutely confident that once you see it (not just in testing, but in actual fights, saving your hide) you'll see why so far everyone who uses SLC loves it.  Once you get comfortable using SLC's API to set up custom limb swaps in certain scenarios, you'll wish you'd have found it a lot sooner.

• edited May 2014

Added a neat little mini-console for displaying your current limb damage.  It is meant to be as unobtrusive as possible, while giving you the a good picture of your limb damage at any given time.

Don't get too reliant on it though!  There are ways to fool limb trackers out there (like blackout, among others).  Just a very handy tool to have!

Just like every feature of SLC, the use of the mini-console is optional.  I'll be including this in the next upgrade, very soon!

Click the spoiler below to take a look at the SLC mini-console in action.  (It's near the prompt)

• How have you not told Elode how many pages are in that journal yet @Ernam? She's probably been waiting like 4 years.

i'm a rebel

• > @Tesha said:
    > How have you not told Elode how many pages are in that journal yet Ernam? She's probably been waiting like 4 years.

It's manuscript, nub
    [2:41:24 AM] Kenway: I bet you smell like evergreen trees and you could wrestle boreal mammals but they'd rather just cuddle you
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Ernam said:

Added a neat little mini-console for displaying your current limb damage...

I made a quick attempt at that but decided it was too much like hard work, so thanks!

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • edited May 2014
    Tesha said:

How have you not told Elode how many pages are in that journal yet @Ernam? She's probably been waiting like 4 years.

She will wait forever.  I might even gag it.

@Klendathu Update coming soon!