Seattle/Spokane/Portland/Vancouver

AmunetAmunet Spokane, Washington, USA
edited August 2012 in The Wander Inn
Simply re-starting the thread from the old forums. I'm still going to be in Seattle the weekend of September 30th. It's looking like we're going to get in on Saturday, sometime, and then I'm being ditched until the Amanda Palmer show at the Neptune because my road-trip friend would rather stay in Everett with her friend, and I'd rather crash with my sister and her boyfriend...who both have to work Sunday morning/afternoon. So, I'll be stuck in the downtown/Capitol Hill area, all by myself, if anyone wants to get afternoon-drunk. 
My avatar is an image created by this very talented gentleman, of whose work I am extremely jealous. It was not originally a picture of Amunet, but it certainly looks a great deal like how I envision her!

Comments

• I'm a few blocks from the Neptune and would most likely be up for a drink or several around there or elsewhere on a weekend. Provided I can be dragged away from Achaea, of course.
  • olympia meet anyone?  :ar!

Party right, party hard,

Sing and dance, perfect bard.

Prefarar loop, accentato whore,

Buy a new rapier, get nerfed some more.

• AmunetAmunet Spokane, Washington, USA
    My sister's boyfriend was living in Olympia last year. I was over there for a couple of days for a concert. I slept on the most comfortable mattress ever, on the floor of a speakeasy bar he ran out of his basement. I love Olympia. It's such a cool place.
    My avatar is an image created by this very talented gentleman, of whose work I am extremely jealous. It was not originally a picture of Amunet, but it certainly looks a great deal like how I envision her!
  • Yeah Olympia is an awesome place, real glad I decided to go to school there, though we had a pretty crazy winter last year. 

Since people seem to like planning in advance, maybe we can do a meet at Folklife 2013. For those in the Seattle (near Seattle area).

Party right, party hard,

• I currently live a (slightly expensive) ferry ride from Seattle, if there is ever another meet there. The one in 2007 was pretty fun.

Oh, geez, it's been five years since then already. Wow.
  • I'm in Kirkland/Bothell
  • LothienLothien Montréal, Québec
    @Tania, Victoria, BC?
  • im going to be in seattle from the 7th till the 12th. Someone told me Seattle shuts down at 6pm so i need some things to do during the late night. suggestions?
  • whoa Seattle doesn't shut down at 6pm lol 

• AmunetAmunet Spokane, Washington, USA
    Yeah. Sundays downtown kind of suck, but Capitol Hill is usually open later. If you're 21,  you're golden. 
  • Seattle was awesome, you guys have alot of history and culture. Did a few tourist tours (underground city and duck tour) and hung out at a few bars which i cant remember. Made a few list of pros and cons from out there

pros:

1. 1st thing that comes to mind is legal weed, woo
    2. clean air, i got off the plane in jersey and was grossed out, but i got used to it again
    3. awesome seafood
    4. you guys actually wait for pedestrians, never seen a place that does that
    5. Your girls are hot, for the most part. People from Oregon are way uglier in comparision

cons

1. you guys have the worst drivers ive ever seen
    2. terrible infrastructure within seattle (lights/city planning) for a city thats trying to go so green you guys are doing it wrong i promise
    3. town is built for small cars even though its a main city, i had an expedition out there and it didnt fit ANYWHERE, i broke my finger slamming the door against a metal pole and the car door cause it was so tight to get out of.
    4. WORST DRIVERS EVER, SERIOUSLY, you need a keep right pass left law, it'll help out with your terrible congestion

I'd love to hear what you locals think, i -might- consider a move out there next year

• Portlander, reportin' in.

• I live in Seattle.. but I'm also very new to Achaea and I don't know any of you. Anyway, hiiii West-Coasters :)
  • JUST moved from Portland about 4 months ago! wish i had the money to go back!! @Argys wanna bunk up?! hahah
  • I'm Jo, I live in Kent, WA and I am rapidly falling in love with this game, Achaea.

If you're in the Seattle area, stop by West-Seattle Brewing Co. on the top of Fauntleroy (cross the West Seattle Bridge, follow it straight up, WSBC on the right) to sample one (or two) of the exquisite brews produced by my fam. A new microbrewery/brew-pub (still being put together) owned by my brother, carrying some 18 different styles of beer with something bound to please the tastes of any beer enthusiast. The flagship IPA is remarkable, as well as the ESB. Mention to Drew (that's my brother) that you were referred by Jo' over an online video game and you'll likely get a discount of some sort. WSBC sells kegs, pony-kegs, growlers, etc. with nice prices out the door.

See ya all in game and maybe around Seattle some time! :)
  • I do a lot of fishing/hunting/shooting in the Kirkland/Duvall area, and I'm always looking for new people to go out with.
  • I will be in Seattle Easter Weekend!

• What are you doing in Seattle?
  • Whatever it is, should involve a meet, possibly at @Cattibre's brother's pub.
  • @kray I'm working security for Sakura con. (Anime con)

• edited January 2013
    Portlander here. How many loose women have agreed to attend? @Amunet, please keep tally and let me know, thank you.
  • Manifest said:

Portlander here. How many loose women have agreed to attend? @Amunet, please keep tally and let me know, thank you.

This is an important question.

• Who'd be up for a trip to the Full Sail Brewery for drink and food at some point? (It's foozling delicious)

• Soooo anyone interested in meeting me in downtown Seattle the end of March? It'll be the last time I'm in Seattle for a while.

• Siena said:
    Soooo anyone interested in meeting me in downtown Seattle the end of March? It'll be the last time I'm in Seattle for a while.
    I'll probably be up for it. I'll have to see how I'm doing on time and money a little closer to the actual date.
  • I'll be out of town the last two weeks of march, might be able to make the 30th or 31st.

Party right, party hard,