Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Photo Contest Winners

SarapisSarapis Member, Administrator Posts: 3,398 Achaean staff

As per announce #4114, we recently completed a photo contest. Here are the winners! Each player, when they submitted, chose which category they were submitting for, so best overall doesn't mean it's better than Most Appropriate - it's just a different category. We actually did not have enough distinct entries in Most Appropriate to give out five prizes, and everyone who entered in Best Overall placed, as we only had five entries unfortunately!

Best Overall

#1 - Nakari




JurixeXaeVerilySaevaTrillianaAiniaApolinarioAchimrstMelodieKayeilViciousKyrraCaoimhaenRuthAveriLyndeeOrzaansynOceanaAlucianaJosoulOuraniaSherazadAitoxWysteriaKaitaliHalos

Comments

  • SuladanSuladan ✭✭✭ - Distinguished Member Posts: 193 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    @Sarapis‌ Did you get the Sartan one I submitted in most appropriate at the Museum of Death? Don't mind it not winning anything, but thought people might like to see it. Pasted it below. Hopefully it'll show up ok.

    The Truths hurt. Always.
    CaoimhaenOrzaansyn
  • FaurFaur ✭✭✭ - Distinguished Member Posts: 159 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished

    Props to Nakari and Kerria. Both made me smile.

    Kerria
  • KerriaKerria The Red LionessMember Posts: 1,120 @@ - Legendary Achaean
  • NieelensarsNieelensars ✭✭✭ - Distinguished Southern, TexasMember Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished

    ....SARTAN'S BLACK?!....Wow...I've never LOOKed at him.. :(

    image
  • SarapisSarapis Member, Administrator Posts: 3,398 Achaean staff

    @Suladan I did, but how is that one not photoshopped in (the white board with the poster on it)? I emailed you about that, in fact. I'm not saying I'm an expert, but I take a lot of pictures, and that doesn't look real. For one, when you zoom in, the corners on the white board are absolutely perfect. Wood doesn't look like that. Second, the focal plane doesn't make sense (ie what's in focus and what's not, when you compare the board to the warning thingies down and to the left).

    If you can explain why I'm wrong, I'll be happy to give you an award for Most Appropriate, but that's either an incredible optical illusion or photoshopped in.

    Ernam
  • SarapisSarapis Member, Administrator Posts: 3,398 Achaean staff

    ....SARTAN'S BLACK?!....Wow...I've never LOOKed at him.. :(

    You realize we have pictures of most of the living Gods here, right? 


    AchimrstAluciana
  • NimNim Member Posts: 2,015 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Sarapis said:

    ....SARTAN'S BLACK?!....Wow...I've never LOOKed at him.. :(

    You realize we have pictures of most of the living Gods here, right? 


    But not Pandora. D:

    KayeilPandora
  • JacenJacen Member Posts: 2,305 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited May 2014
    @Sarapis what you're referring to is a zoomed in image of the skull's forehead. The poster is there on the skull, and he copy/pasted a zoomed in pic so you know what it is.

    Not sure if that is or isn't against the rules, but that's what it is.

    image
    AntidasYaeSherazadKyriella
  • KyrraKyrra AustraliaMember Posts: 4,861 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Nim said:
    Sarapis said:

    ....SARTAN'S BLACK?!....Wow...I've never LOOKed at him.. :(

    You realize we have pictures of most of the living Gods here, right? 


    But not Pandora. D:

    Taking photos of underage girls is against most laws.

    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

    FaurAradorEphram
  • SuladanSuladan ✭✭✭ - Distinguished Member Posts: 193 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    @Sarapis‌ I can't quote it because it's in another thread, but there was a question about taking a picture in a setting and going back far enough so that the whole scene could be in the picture and so that you could still see the poster you could put a zoom-in of it on the photo. Maybe I misinterpreted, but that's what I did on the Sartan photo. That's a real Museum of Death and I put his poster right up there between the skull's eyes and took the photo. To get the whole scene I had to go far enough back that you couldn't see the poster clearly, so I overlaid a zoom-in of it on the bottom right. The overall photo still shows the poster, but I though it wouldn't count otherwise as you can't see what it is.
    The Truths hurt. Always.
  • CorrCorr ✭✭ - Stalwart Member Posts: 7 ✭✭ - Stalwart
    edited May 2014
    The EXIF data on the photo says Photoshop CS5.. I would've been looking there first :)

    StrataAchimrstShirszae
  • ErnamErnam ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean Member Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Sarapis said:

    You realize we have pictures of most of the living Gods here, right? 


    I always thought that grook picture was a Shaman.  Weird.

    "Our lives are not our own. We are bound to others, past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future."


          Manda  |  Godzilla  |  SLC
        Achimrst
      1. AepasAepas Member Posts: 1,619 @@ - Legendary Achaean
        Sarapis said:
        Suladan said:
        @Sarapis‌ I can't quote it because it's in another thread, but there was a question about taking a picture in a setting and going back far enough so that the whole scene could be in the picture and so that you could still see the poster you could put a zoom-in of it on the photo. Maybe I misinterpreted, but that's what I did on the Sartan photo. That's a real Museum of Death and I put his poster right up there between the skull's eyes and took the photo. To get the whole scene I had to go far enough back that you couldn't see the poster clearly, so I overlaid a zoom-in of it on the bottom right. The overall photo still shows the poster, but I though it wouldn't count otherwise as you can't see what it is.

        Ooooooh. Hahah, neither I nor any of the other Gods that looked at it even noticed the poster up there. Our eyes were just immediately drawn to the blown-up section and we started wondering what kind of idiot you must be to attempt such an obvious photoshop job. Wow, our bad!

        Consider yours 4th in Most Appropriate. Will send you credits. Very sorry to have accused you falsely! I hope you can see the humour in it, as I'm still chuckling. I was full-on analyzing your photo. Zooming in, looking at the edges of the allegedly photoshopped bit, trying to figure out if there's any possible way that focal plane could exist with any kind of lens that exists, etc etc. 

        to be fair, I actually thought it was a board as well. Should have added a little border around it or something >.>

        good pic!

        Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
        Kerria
      2. EllowyneEllowyne Member Posts: 5

        Woohoo! Thanks, Sarapis! *Beams broadly*

      3. ErnamErnam ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean Member Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
        edited May 2014
        Ernam said:
        Sarapis said:

        You realize we have pictures of most of the living Gods here, right? 

        I always thought that grook picture was a Shaman.  Weird.

        @Lyndee Why did this get a WTF?!  The Grook is wearing bones, a really shamany neck thing, and is reading runes.  But the title of the picture is Grook Occultist.  They're all amazing art though.  Sorry if that's off a touch off topic. 

        "Our lives are not our own. We are bound to others, past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future."


              Manda  |  Godzilla  |  SLC
            TharvisTrillianaSaibel
          Sign In to Comment.