Moods are going away

Comments

• VeldrinVeldrin Denmark
    with 'for dragons' is that just the movement ones you can pick when you're elder? Or the actual ones you got for colours? If so how the heck do you pick those now?

• Going forward, when a Dragon is dragonformed into a particular color, the default movement messages will be the color messages. If you've chosen an Elder message, that'll override the color ones.

• (The Midnight Crew): Merador longingly says, "Hnnnnnnnnng Mathonwy."

Well at least we can have this now @Merador

• Thank jesus. 

• Seems we can't toggle the dragon moods off or certain parts of it (tells, says, etc.), and it's not a bug.

Would like to be able to toggle parts of it off, or at least all of it off. And it would be nice to have it back in lesserform too.

• VeldrinVeldrin Denmark

I would prefer to ONLY have it in lesserform to be honest :/

• Nope, this makes way more sense. You change into a Dragon, you move and sound like a Dragon. You change back into your normal race, you move and sound like your normal race.

• Can we take expressiveness away from clans?

(The Midnight Crew): X thoughtfully says, "Thanks."
    5847h, 6431m, 24740e, 25880w cexkdb-5|5|5|5|5|5
    (The Midnight Crew): X angrily says, "Lets make out."
    5847h, 6431m, 24760e, 25880w cexkdb-5|5|5|5|5|5
    (The Midnight Crew): X says, ":B Okay."
    5847h, 6431m, 24840e, 25880w cexkdb-5|5|5|5|5|5
    (The Midnight Crew): X longingly says, "Okay."
    5847h, 6431m, 24860e, 25880w cexkdb-5|5|5|5|5|5
    (The Midnight Crew): X TESTINGLY says, "Test."
    5847h, 6431m, 25040e, 25880w cexkdb-5|5|5|5|5|5
    (The Midnight Crew): X says, "Fuck you expression."
    5847h, 6431m, 25120e, 25880w cexkdb-5|5|5|5|5|5
    (The Midnight Crew): X BiTcHiNgLy says, "- you, Nell."
    5847h, 6431m, 25140e, 25880w cexkdb-5|5|5|5|5|5
    (The Midnight Crew): X pissily says, "- all y'all."
    5847h, 6431m, 25140e, 25880w cexkdb-5|5|5|5|5|5
    (The Midnight Crew): You say, "This is pretty obnoxious."
    5847h, 6431m, 25440e, 25880w cexkdb-5|5|5|5|5|5
    (The Midnight Crew): X obnoxiously says, "What is?"
    5847h, 6431m, 25500e, 25880w cexkdb-5|5|5|5|5|5
    (The Midnight Crew): X mockingly says, "I know you are, but what am I."
    5847h, 6431m, 25560e, 25880w cexkdb-5|5|5|5|5|5
    (The Midnight Crew): X angrily says, "So excited."
    5847h, 6431m, 25620e, 25880w cexkdb-5|5|5|5|5|5
    (The Midnight Crew): X happily says, "Shut up."
    5847h, 6431m, 25680e, 25880w cexkdb-5|5|5|5|5|5
    (The Midnight Crew): X says, "This is primarily going to get used specifically here, just 
    to aggravate each other, I can already tell."
    5847h, 6431m, 25720e, 25880w cexkdb-5|5|5|5|5|5
    (The Midnight Crew): X angrily says, "Have you considered pants."
    5847h, 6431m, 25800e, 25880w cexkdb-5|5|5|5|5|5
    (The Midnight Crew): X says, "Say *Nellaundra lololol."
    5847h, 6431m, 25820e, 25880w cexkdb-5|5|5|5|5|5
    (The Midnight Crew): X approvingly says, "No."
    5847h, 6431m, 25840e, 25880w cexkdb-5|5|5|5|5|5
    (The Midnight Crew): X says, "Oops haha."
    5847h, 6431m, 25860e, 25880w cexkdb-5|5|5|5|5|5
    (The Midnight Crew): X nellaundra says, "Lololol."
    5847h, 6431m, 25880e, 25880w cexkdb-5|5|5|5|5|5
    (The Midnight Crew): X florentino-ishly says, "Buh durrr."
    (The Midnight Crew): X almost says, "Lol."
    (The Midnight Crew): X angrily says, "So humorous."
    (The Midnight Crew): X joyfully says, "Rawr."
    (The Midnight Crew): X racistly says, "Dragonknight."

Thx.

• Nope. It's a tool. If the clan doesn't like people using it, kick people out for using it.

• that particular clan is long overdue for a purge anyway

• edited May 2014

Eh, it will tone down quickly enough. If you have a crazy new feature and you can use it on an OOC clan, people are going to use it pretty excessively for a while, until it gets boring.

And well, TMC is pretty much like that no matter if you have expressiveness or not. As long as people don't start using expressiveness in a stupid fashion on IC channels, I'm perfectly fine with it.

• Sarapis said:
    Going forward, when a Dragon is dragonformed into a particular color, the default movement messages will be the color messages. If you've chosen an Elder message, that'll override the color ones.

Hrmm, I don't remember choosing an Elder message (unless you meant the movement ones), but when I go into dragon in any color, there's no change to my voice. Cleared voice and accent, too!

I'll probably be shifting over to Starmourn, seeya there!
    discord: aciidwire#5240
    Please check out my new art page!

• Expressiveness in tells really messes with people who emote in tells (Person tells you, "*emote*." is now Person emote* tells you, "."). Unless they use - instead of *.

• JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it

Hopefully it'll break them of the habit.

If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• @Sena Good point. We'll have it stop treating things with a trailing * as well as a beginning * as expressiveness.

• Tesha said:

Any chance of removing titles from poses? Titles can be pretty long, and detracts from what you're trying to convey, especially when factoring in weapons. A long title + two weapons + pose longer than 3-4 words would be around a paragraph.

Also, any chance of poses being cut out from squint? The current brevity in squint is really nice.

If not, config options would be awesome, too! 

We'll look into those things. Not sure what we'll do there, but yeah, can see where it's overly spammy.

edited May 2014
    Sarapis said:

@Sena Good point. We'll have it stop treating things with a trailing * as well as a beginning * as expressiveness.

Noooo, this was a good thing! Now people are still going to do it even with expressiveness, which was what it was meant to be replaced with!

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• edited May 2014
    It wasn't intended to and doesn't replace it. You can't do, for instance, tell jurixe *smile* with expressiveness.

Sarapis said:
    It wasn't intended to and doesn't replace it. You can't do, for instance, tell jurixe *smile* with expressiveness.

Probably a bad choice of words on my part - I meant that I was hoping more people might use 'tell jurixe *amusedly That's funny.' instead of 'tell jurixe *smile*', especially if things like that would cause errors, since you couldn't have tones and expressions in tells before.

But come to think of it, I guess people who are going to do it anyway will just do 'tell jurixe That's funny *smile*' so it doesn't really make a difference.

• edited May 2014
    Sarapis said:
    Going forward, when a Dragon is dragonformed into a particular color, the default movement messages will be the color messages. If you've chosen an Elder message, that'll override the color ones.

Going forward from now? I still have that sizzlin' voice but no color-specific movement msg.

• We'll look into it.

• JamethielJamethiel Adelaide

Should we a be allowed to do:

CLT *...---... SOS, HALP!

...I can't see any reason for strange characters (i.e. non-alphabeticals except maybe the apostrophe)...as amusing as they can be.

Also it seems:

CLT *IREALLYTHINKTHATTHISCANBEABUSEDBYDOINGSOMETHINGSIMILARTOTHISTHATISSTUPIDLYLONGOMGWTFBBQ blah

...is somewhat amusing but also silly. I suppose we can hope that people aren't going to be silly (I said hope guys and girls, we all know that there'll be one who'll do something silly given half the chance) but a length restriction could be considered.

• WeiWei Monterey, California

I don't see why this needs any more restriction than anything else we can do or say in-game.

• Punishing stupid people makes a lot more sense than adding a lot of restrictions in fear of stupid people doing stupid things. Just because it can be abused doesn't mean that it will, and if it does, just punish the people that do abuse it. No need to ruin it for everyone because of the one or two dull crayons.

i'm a rebel

• WeiWei Monterey, California
    edited May 2014
    Right now, there's nothing stopping me from doing this:
    emote (Using his rocket boots, ) flies to the moon and grabs some moon chicken, thus gaining immortality and free bagels for life.
    or this:
    say *purkishly murkadurka 86...,>>>388gfzc !@# tharp
    but I don't do it, because it's stupid, and my common sense tells me that. Why does expressiveness need more restrictions than simply knowing how to properly interact with people in-game?
  • Sena said:
    Tesha said:
    Punishing stupid people makes a lot more sense than adding a lot of restrictions in fear of stupid people doing stupid things. Just because it can be abused doesn't mean that it will, and if it does, just punish the people that do abuse it. No need to ruin it for everyone because of the one or two dull crayons.
    While I agree in general, it does seem like you could safely remove some things that don't really have a legitimate use. Things like disallowing most special characters and maybe even capital letters (forcing all expressiveness to lower case) probably wouldn't get in the way of anyone using it properly.

Yes, good point. We'll be removing the ability to put non-alphabetic characters in expressiveness. They don't belong there.