Beards, Beards, Glorious Beards!

Comments

• edited May 2014

Party right, party hard,

Sing and dance, perfect bard.

Prefarar loop, accentato whore,

Buy a new rapier, get nerfed some more.

• I shaved.

• Rangor said:

I shaved.

You're a goddamn monster. :(

[2:41:24 AM] Kenway: I bet you smell like evergreen trees and you could wrestle boreal mammals but they'd rather just cuddle you
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Rangor said:

I shaved.

I'm sorry to hear the weight of being a man was too much for you to bear.

• WeiWei Monterey, California
    The one downside to beards is the overwhelming face-warmth. I might actually end up shaving just because of that.

• Rangor said:

I shaved.

Tired of people focusing on your beard and not your fjords? I understand.

#justnorwegianthings

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    Shaved, went to stubble. Much more manageable. Now I can tickle/hurt/rugburn people for fun.

This is what happens when I go a couple months without shaving.

Figured I might as well get some photographic evidence before I destroy it.

Hmm... I seem to have misplaced my shaver, actually.
    I think my younger brother may have absconded with it.

I'll find it eventually... :trollface:
    Wei said:
    The one downside to beards is the overwhelming face-warmth. I might actually end up shaving just because of that.

This is an issue I face every Summer, living in Florida. Currently I'm growing my beard and hair back out, but it basically comes down to how long I can tolerate that extra warmth (which even gives my face a nice, permanent flushed look like I'm either constantly embarrassed or on roids or something).

I have my hair constantly tied back, because if it covers my ears or my neck, even a little bit, I come in danger of bursting into flames.

• AmanuAmanu Forge Tree

Went a US Civil War museum and now I believe rank used to be based on the beard.

• Okay folks with beards or beard enthusiasts. I got my husband (for Father's Day) a shaving cream and brush set and my dad suggested to get shaving oil. Does anyone have any tips for which one is best?

meh

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    Head to the badgerandblade forums. Place I used to frequent. A lot of the guys there are -really- knowledgable about the oils, soaps, brushes. Now, as for personal opinion, I enjoy this. http://usa.loccitane.com/cade-shaving-oil,82,1,29221,262463.htm?CAWELAID=730010710000014813&CAGPSPN=pla&catargetid=730010710000021931&cadevice=c&gclid=CjkKEQjwh7ucBRD9yY_fyZe398gBEiQAAoy4JCaAfT1TF1enovl3WQKN55yCkUSxfus3la5GcGm2aCTw_wcB I also enjoy handmade ones that are lilac scented. (Call me girly, idgaf)

• edited June 2014

This is gonna sound a bit weird, but check out beautypedia.com too. It reviews skin care products, including shaving cream, moisterizers, etc. (Men's varieties too!) I find most of my products for hubby and me there.

ETA: Also, this thread is full of hairy awesomeness. Nice beards, gentlemen. If I ask nicely, hubby might let me post a pic of his. (Sadly, my hair is too short to fake it!)

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• The title of this thread drives me absolutely insane. @Sarapis @Tecton @Makarios @Vastar @Scarlatti take out the second "beards" for the love of god.

Or add a fourth, just 'cause.

There's really no reason for there to be any other word than Beards in this title.

• It should simply be: Beards.

(emphasis on the full stop)

• edited June 2014

The title makes me think 'Snape, Snape, Severus Snape'

They're bloody hell to maintain sometimes, but worth it. For example, if you eat anything, you will need to pick and brush food out of your beard (unless you're trying to attract birds and squirrel to nest). However, if you're drinking something and it spills or misses your lips, your beard will save it and keep your clothes stain free! Unfortunately, this also applies to things such as ranch dressing and mustard, and you do not want to be eating something with ranch dressing in public and have white drippings in your beard which everyone notices except for you. 

Sometimes to grow one well, you have to leg it grow out scraggly and bushy and then shave it off, rinse and repeat a few times until you get the desired thickness and consistency in growth that you want. I just shaved about 90% of mine (verging on blasphemy, I know) after a few months of letting it grow out like a lumberjack, because it's still not where I'd like it. Takes time and effort sometimes!

• I recently got a haircut and had all my facial hair trimmed down.

It's a lot shorter, but imo looks better with it having an even length across it (well, mostly). I should try to grow it all out evenly.

Jukilian said:
    I should try to grow it all out evenly.

I haven't quite figured out how to do that, yet.

• As far as I'm able to determine... keep trimming it until it's all even (letting slower growing areas catch up with the trimming), then grow it out a bit longer, etc.

I've no idea otherwise. I'm a newbie to beardom.

@Ainia‌ wanted me to post more beard pics so...

JK, still fully bearded. :P