Has anyone else made a class-custom GUI?

I have a bare-bones one that shows buttons for various commonly used skills, and I'm working on class-specific GUIs with skills that are useful against specific classes that I might fight against. Does anyone have anything like this? Any suggestions?

Best Answer

• Accepted Answer
    Clicking tends to be a little inefficient. Acropolis had lots of buttons for class-specific anti-illusion and might be worth dissecting, but it is for zMud.

Answers

• I'm using SVO's do-command so that I don't have to worry so much about timing, I'm considering setting the command for the functions as svo.doaddfirst so I don't have to worry so much about my commands mixed up badly
  • NizarisNizaris The Holy City of Mhaldor
    @Taal: I don't recommend using the do/dofree system for offense. It will slow you down quite a bit.

The idea is to "chase balance". What does that mean, you say? It means that there is a certain time when you can actually send a command while you are still off balance, just before your computer receives the message that you are back on balance. Essentially, the messages get crossed. So, the best thing to do while in combat (most of the time, assuming you aren't in retardation or aeon) is to spam your attack. That will ensure that you perform your attack at the next possible moment.
  • edited November 2012
    Latency plays a role there. A few serpents I know would either queue attacks once they figured out a prio, or were fast enough in relation to their latency that they could just get a 'feel' for balance and hit the button a little bit. I don't know if that works for every class, or if that was even the most efficiency way of doing things. I -will- say when someone afflicts me with stupidity, the amount of spam I generate spamming doublestab is legendary.
  • XerXer Langley
    edited November 2012
    Yeah, I pretty much spam attacks when I try to chase balance. It's annoying when I fail a combination because I lost 0.2 ~ 0.4 seconds while chasing balance given a certain amount of latency, and not being able to lock someone >.>

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • My system "chases" balance for me. It's basically a "do" sort of system, but instead of only sending on the balance recovery message, it sends twice: once on a timer which is based on my latency and fires slightly before I recover balance, and a second time on the recovery message, in case the first one came in too soon and still happened off balance. Like that, I still generally get my commands in as fast as if I were spamming them, but without all the haste of actually spamming. I hate being hasty in combat. It messes with my ability to think calmly and strategically, so I use any help available to make it feel smooth and fluid.
  • XerXer Langley
    edited November 2012
    Dammit, you've already implemented everything I was thinking about doing @Iocun! Your parry counter, your chasing balance system, wtf lol. Next, I'll learn that you've already implemented my desired "Click this button to win Achaea" script!

EDIT: I also dislike being hasty, which is why I was thinking about something like that. I tense up and screw up and switch the order of my plan or repeat the same command twice cause there's very little time for error when I'm cursing at about 1 every second. I generally overcome it by practicing everything tons of times on various people and by going over a lot of theorycrafting and then testing that out so I don't screw up when it comes to crunch time.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    I used the Duke Nukem HUD as a GUI once. I scrapped it though because I didn't want to put the work in to actually make it look nice.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • NizarisNizaris The Holy City of Mhaldor
    Tvistor said:
    I -will- say when someone afflicts me with stupidity, the amount of spam I generate spamming doublestab is legendary.
    I have a little script that echoes emotes, says, tells, etc to a miniconsole, and plays a sound.

So anyway, @Xer and I were sparring one another in a Rampage one time, and we each had the other afflicted with stupidity. So, since we were both chasing balance, each one of those emotes from both of us having stupidity played a sound, at the same time. Oh my God, my computer slowed down so bad ....
  • Xer said:
    Next, I'll learn that you've already implemented my desired "Click this button to win Achaea" script!
    I would have done that, but I hate clicking.

So I made it an alias.
  • There were a lot of GUI elements I had when I had developed my own serpent combat system, but I assume most of them are fairly generic (illusion set toggling, alias switching, thieving "mode," invading "mode"...