The Next Achaea Class

Comments

• I agree with everyone - new classes and cities, etc. aren't in the pipeline. The Garden has enough to fix on its plate. 

That said: I want an outrider class not connected to any city. I'd play this in a heartbeat, especially if it had the fun traps included in Imperian's version without the incredibly lame ice wyrm pet thing.
  • @Mithridates exactly what @Siduri said, to hell with using Snipe, give the class the ability to take their bow and use it in melee range with a mix between fisticuffs and using the bow itself as a melee weapon. Or even make it so that the class can use a bow and arrow, get smacked in the face with the bow, and then get jabbed in the gut with an envenomed arrow.

- 2014/05/13 03:37:22 - Jhui dies gasping for breath, asphyxiated by the power of Hanley Silverstorm's kai.

SerpentKai Go!

• AlexandreAlexandre Raleigh, North Carolina
    Essentially... A bad-ass Hawkeye type class.
  • @Alexandre more or less, yes. I like the bow, and I love Serpent... I just think it would be fun to have a class thats based only on archery and bowmanship. You could even go so far as to say its a Green Arrow themed class. Maybe make it so that they can use different types of arrows, like take a bomb and attach it to their arrows to give them some utility for group combat. The ideas you could come up with this set up for a class can be endless depending on what you can imagine for it.

- 2014/05/13 03:37:22 - Jhui dies gasping for breath, asphyxiated by the power of Hanley Silverstorm's kai.

SerpentKai Go!

• They need to wear a funny hat, and press A+B while having bombs and arrows selected at the same time.
    If they do, then I'll switch class.

They must also come with GMCP 8-bit music.

• - 2014/05/13 03:37:22 - Jhui dies gasping for breath, asphyxiated by the power of Hanley Silverstorm's kai.

SerpentKai Go!

• It makes more sense to fix the current classes at this time. But including any changes to cities/houses etc for mult-iclass (if that's still actually happening) 

Really if there was a new class, it may be best to have more of a neutral/rogue class. By looking at the class list that Achaea offers, there are plenty of classes..perhaps even too many classes. 

• People are confusing the desire for new flavour as the wish for a new class. The latter would (hopefully) be a mechanical departure from the current classes, not (just) a thematic one.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • AlexandreAlexandre Raleigh, North Carolina
    I'd be interested in seeing a bow and arrow themed class. Mind you, even with it completely fleshed out I still wouldn't expect it to get integrated until way, way down the line considering all of the things they're trying to do currently and working on.
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    Pistoleer. goobypls.
  • edited April 2014
    Probably should just wait for multiclass than add new classes at the moment, because it's only going to make balancing even harder. That being said...

Myrmidons. Similar to Sentinels but without concoctions. Sealore could be pretty similar, but harpoons instead of axes. Metamorphs would be aquatic based instead of forestal, but could potentially have the same move set. However, the last skill would be the point of the new class, and also to open up sentinel/druid style combat to non-forestals. Just an idea.
  • I'd like to see a few more race-classes. Alternative to Dragon would be awesome.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • edited April 2014
    @Strata: No puppet summon? No JitB?
  • Axe-wielding berserker.
  • Vampires and Werewolves as factional classes for Hashan (moon, darkness, etc.). 
  • Only if the vampires are sparkly. 

• StrataStrata United States of Derp
    Iocun said:
    @Strata: No puppet summon? No JitB?
    Yeah those are part of Subterfuge. It's kinda like how Elementalism is split between Sylvan and Magi. In Bonko Subterfuge, JITB and puppetry takes the place of dstab, since it's not needed.
  • WeiWei Monterey, California
    Farmer.
    </thread>
  • Someone (I forgot who, sadly) once posted some really neat ideas about a class focusing on polearms. That was a cool idea. We need more blunt weapon love.

edited May 2014
    If I were to be more serious in my suggestion, I'd like to see a class that has skills based on both daggers and archery. Possibly has subterfuge or something similarly sneaky, or maybe something natury, depending on the class' flavor.

Strider would be a cool name for this class.

Edit: @Sarapis' barbarian idea sounds awesome, too.
  • Should also have hypnosis and poisons.

• And the ability to hide by means of interdimensional metaphysical maneuverability, or something like that. I just like transdimensional stealth ok? :c

The idea is to be a roguish class that doesn't bite, have venom, or use hypnosis, which is something I've always been disappointed doesn't exist in Achaea. Also, it might be cool if it were slightly rangerish.
  • sentinel?

Party right, party hard,

Sing and dance, perfect bard.

Prefarar loop, accentato whore,

Buy a new rapier, get nerfed some more.

• Wei said:
    The idea is to be a roguish class that doesn't bite, have venom, or use hypnosis, which is something I've always been disappointed doesn't exist in Achaea. Also, it might be cool if it were slightly rangerish.

SOUNDS LIKE PIRATES

• Bows are a mystery to the common folk and hunters of the world, being only useable by those granted knighthood and slippery snakes. The common people are not to learn the way of the Bow, alongside not knowing how to make fire or chop wood. Such is the will of the Sarapidius Tectonis.

• Iocun said:

Someone (I forgot who, sadly) once posted some really neat ideas about a class focusing on polearms. That was a cool idea. We need more blunt weapon love.

IIRC most of the polearms aren't blunt.

• Whatever, nerd!