Hunting thingy

So I've been working on this little project and I want to know if anyone would like me to expand it or not..... anyways

Zanzibaar Island Summary

Zanzibaar Island outside the Palace with-in the walls

6 Palace Guards (crushingly strong)

4 Bare-chested Sailors (Ropes)(extraordinarily strong)

3 Burly Dockhands (Prones)(extraordinarily strong)

1 Aitroyo, the harbourmaster (Unkillable)(extraordinarily strong)

1 Red colobus (quiet confidence)

1 A Skulking Thief (extraordinarily strong)

1 Rafon (extraordinarily strong)

1 Ardiama (extraordinarily strong)

1 Bansilia, the henna tattooist (quite powerful)

1 Lyhana, a sweet little girl (not one to be trifled with)

1 Havden, a cheerful old man (quite powerful)

1 Oldion (extraordinarily strong)

1 The apothecary Yabbahar (takes equilibrium)(extraordinarily strong)

1 Silana, Siren of the Hoalanatha (Paralyzes) (quite powerful)

1 Rokhoso, chef of the Hoalanatha (extraordinarily strong)

1 Vadoor (quite powerful)

Total: 26

Zanzibaar Island inside the Palace

14 Palace Guards (crushingly strong)

9 Palace Servants (quite powerful)

1 Tiamenjiara, the court conjuror (Ropes)(sets ablaze)(crushingly strong)

1 Djulsan, King of Zanzibaar (crushingly strong)

1 Alsimhinda, Queen of Zanzibaar (Prones)(extraordinarily strong)

1 Fimsirun, a foreign prince (extraordinarily strong)

1 Akhadd, a visiting noble (Runs)(extraordinarily strong)

1 Makran, an island trader (crushingly strong)

1 Princess Qitala (Prones)(extraordinarily strong)

1 Prince Sindharkan (Prones)(quite powerful)

Total: 31

Zanzibaar Island - Outside the walls

8 Sea Nettle (quiet confidence)

8 Baarian Tiger (Stupidity)(extraordinarily strong)

8 A Banded Kestrel (appears to lack strength)

6 Silvery Scombra (appears to lack strength)

6 Sleek Mongoose (quiet confidence)

5 Spotted Porpoise (strong and confident)

4 Island Child (Runs)(disrupts equilibrium)(quiet confidence)

4 Island Woman (extraordinarily strong)

3 Giant Tortoise (extraordinarily strong)

3 Red-Banded Cobra (quiet confidence)

3 Ghost Crab (appears to lack strength)

3 Island Man (crushingly strong)

2 Islander in a dhow (extraordinarily strong)

1 Toqot (extraordinarily strong)

1 Abelsa (quite powerful)

1 Semmor, the dhow-maker (extraordinarily strong)

1 Yuskah, the witchdoctor (crushingly strong)

1 An Elusive Shapeshifter (High Damage)(air of extreme strength)

Total: 68

Hidden Area - ??

To reach the Island of Zanzibaar you will need to use a ship. When you first reach disembark from the ship you’ll be met with Dockhands and Sailors. Both are extraordinarily strong and the Dockhands will prone you and the Sailors will rope you. They will come to each other’s aid as most people on the island do.

If you head north you will enter the commerce area of the island.  In this area you will find Oldion who is extraordinarily strong, Havden who is quite powerful, Bansilia who is quite powerful, Lyhana who is not one to be trifled with, Yabbahar who is extraordinarily strong and has the ability to disrupt your equilibrium, Ardiama is extraordinarily strong, Rafon who is extraordinarily strong, a skulking thief who is extraordinarily strong, and two palace guards who are crushingly strong.

If you head north and northwest you will come across the palace itself. Before entering the palace you can find Dockhands, Sailors, and two Palace guards. On entering the palace you will find 14 palace guards, 9 palace servants who are quite powerful, Tiamenjiara who ropes you, sets you on fire, and is extraordinarily strong, Djulsan who is crushingly strong, Alsimhinda who prones you and is extraordinarily strong, Fimsirun who is extraordinarily strong, Akhadd who runs and is extraordinarily strong, Makran who is crushingly strong, Princess Qitala who prones you and is extraordinarily strong and Prince Sindharkan who is prones you and is crushingly strong.

On leaving the palace heading west you’ll find 4 more palace guards as well as a ship called the Hoalanatha that has been turned into an eating establishment. Inside this establishment you will find Silana who paralyzes you and is extraordinarily strong, Rokhoso who is extraordinarily strong, and Vadoor who is quite powerful.

Outside the walls of the city you will find several forms of animal life, in the water, in the air and on land. In the water you will find 8 Sea Nettle who exude a quiet confidence, 8 silvery scombra who appear to lack strength, 5 spotted porpoise who are strong and confident. On land you will find 8 Baarian Tigers who cause stupidity and are extraordinarily strong, 6 sleek mongoose who exude a quiet confidence, 3 Giant Tortoise  who are extraordinarily strong, 3 red-banded cobra who exude a quiet confidence, and 3 ghost crab that appear to lack strength. In the air you will find 8 banded Kestrel who appear to lack strength, of course to get to them you must be flying. There is also a shape shifter on the island who does an enormous amount of damage, and he has an air of extreme strength.

The first people you’ll encounter outside the city walls are Toqot who is extraordinarily strong and Abelsa who is quite powerful. In the water you’ll find 2 islander in a dhow who are extraordinarily strong. On land you’ll find Semmor who is extraordinarily strong, Yuskah who is crushingly strong, 3 island man who are crushingly strong, 4 island women who are extraordinarily strong, and 4 island children who run and disrupt equilibrium and exude a quiet confidence.

Things you’ll need: Health/Vitality vials Mana/Mentality, Waterwalking shoes/swimming, Focus/Goldenseal/Plumbum, Bloodroot/Magnesium, and to get the birds on the island you’ll need some way to fly, Mending/Renewal

Comments

• Up to the higher powers. I really don't mind personally, just figured I'd give back to the game some how since I'm horribad at rp.

• Any other areas anyone want to see done.... just name it and I'll get started on it. Might take a week or so depending on how frequently the area is hunted and the different types of denizens there.

• Deladan said:

Any other areas anyone want to see done.... just name it and I'll get started on it. Might take a week or so depending on how frequently the area is hunted and the different types of denizens there.

The more frequently bashed areas, particularly for lowbies and midbies, would be ideal. Nice work!

• Alright. Just need a list to get started with. :smiley: 

• Forest Watch
    Village of Genji
    Goblin Village
    Kamleikan
    Bopalopia
    Manara Burrow
    Mhojave Desert
    Polyargos

Enverren Marsh
    Great Rock
    The Savannah
    Actar Valley
    Adryn's Keep
    Green Lake
    Phereklos
    Nimick

Shala'jen
    Ulangi
    Xhaiden Dale
    Manticore Caverns
    Shala-Khulia

Orc outpost
    Aran'riod
    Arcadia

Dun Valley
    Dun Swamps
    Darkwood Forest
    Kasmarkin
    Moghedu
    Mysia
    Nuskuwe Magma Caves
    Village of Shastaan
    Southern Vashnar Mountains

Tundra
    Inbhir Ness
    Creville Asylum
    Isaia
    Island of New Hope
    Cave network beneath Thera
    Quartz Peak
    Belladona's Keep

That's the list I have so far

• Haven't read the full list, but this is what would be useful for lowbies/midbies, listed in the order I think of them in:

Qurnok
    Manara
    Dun Swamp
    Nuskuwe
    Goblin Village
    Azdun (all of it)
    Riagath
    Phereklos
    Quartz Peak
    Cyclops Village (Mount Pyreaus or something?)
    Tsol'aa Village
    Creville

• Wait, there area bashing areas other than Annwyn and the Underworld?

• Islands give the best experience from my testing, but you have to hit them right.

• AktillumAktillum Philippines
    Good stuff, Deladan. But I want to nitpick the actual system for this stuff.

^maybe to a level 20 novice, who probably shouldn't be hunting on Zanzibaar anyways. For a level 99 dragon, it should say "You'd probably crush her between your jaws".

@Tecton @Sarapis Would it be possible to implement something more like might in Honors?

1 Lyhana, a sweet little girl (She is approximately 10% your might)

• I would probably have the levels/mights from a wide spectrum. Such as listing the mights listed for a novice area from levels 5-10 11-20 etc..

Since mights do change overall to give the novices a general idea of the different tiers. May not be a terrible idea for the higher levels as well in the more popular areas that individuals tend to hunt...

• Aktillum said:
    Good stuff, Deladan. But I want to nitpick the actual system for this stuff.

^maybe to a level 20 novice, who probably shouldn't be hunting on Zanzibaar anyways. For a level 99 dragon, it should say "You'd probably crush her between your jaws".

@Tecton @Sarapis Would it be possible to implement something more like might in Honors?

1 Lyhana, a sweet little girl (She is approximately 10% your might)

I'm not sure how well that would work, without significantly redesigning the system (making it look at a lot of different factors to get an idea of actual difficulty for a specific person). It's already a very rough estimate of difficulty; there are times when I (at level 80) am completely destroyed by one denizen and have a hard time even running away, while another denizen in the same area that appears stronger on consider is easy to kill with almost no risk. Making it more specific or relative to you would probably make those inconsistencies a lot more common/obvious.

• I've started on the one for Mount Piraeus. Have to go back and probe them now and sit and see all attacks instead of killing everything for numbers.

• Mount Piraeus

4 King Salmon (humble-looking creature)

5 small beaver (does not look particularly dangerous)

4 mountain goat (quiet confidence)

1 ageing mountain lion (quite powerful)

8 cyclops guard (stun) (quite powerful)

6 cyclops woman (stun)( strong and confident)

4 shy cyclops girl (run) (appears to lack strength)

4 scruffy cyclops boy (run) (appears to lack strength)

1 Hynes, the cyclops mechanic (not one to be trifled with)

1 Arges, Chieftain of the Cyclopes (quite powerful)

1 Dora, a cyclops cook (strong and confident)

1 Steropes, the cyclops smith (blackout)(breaks arms) (quite powerful)

1 Themus, a young cyclops shepherd (prones) (strong and confident)

Head west to get to the village area, on the way to the village you may encounter mountain goats and a mountain lion. Right before entering the village if you go down you’ll be at the river area where you’ll need to be able to swim or have waterwalking to hunt the salmon and the beavers. In the village itself you will find Cyclops guards, if you head northwest and north you’ll be at Themus. Heading back south then west will take you through a hidden section after that head northeast west north and east to be at Steropes if you head south and east you’ll be at Dora. After leaving that room if you head southwest, north and west you’ll be at Arges. If you head southwest, southeast south and west you’ll be at Hynes this is the room you’ll need the Ferrum/Ginseng for as the room itself makes you ill. The boys and girls of the area move around. Also along the route there are Cyclops guards.

You will need: Health/Vitality, Mana/Mentality, Ferrum/Ginseng, waterwalking/swimming, Tree Tattoo(for blackout) and Renewal/Mending. *optional: Bath to remove stench

It's a bit shorter than the last one due to the area being smaller.

• Who ever wants to add these to the Wiki can..... I've never worked with the Wiki before and I don't want to screw it up.

• Nimick

4 crow (humble-looking creature)

5 farmer's wife (appears to lack strength)

2 playful puppy (relatively helpless)

1 Gorme, an agitated farmer (seems to be unafraid) (Stuns)

2 adult dog  (humble-looking creature)

5 miner's wife (appears to lack strength)

1 Hynar, the stablemaster (exudes a quiet confidence)

1 Jerinai, a middle-aged monk (exudes a quiet confidence) (Paralyze)

1 Nogak, the rebel leader (strong and confident) (stun)

6 rebellious villager (appears to lack strength)(stun)

1 Autem, Preacher of Nimick (exudes a quiet confidence) (Blackout)(Fire)

1 Sheriff Borash (strong and confident) (Stun)(limb break)

1 white horse (appears to lack strength)(prone)(limb break)

1 painted horse (appears to lack strength) (prone) (limb break)

1 Rilaor, a young stablehand (appears to lack strength)

1 Joydi, a playful young girl (appears to lack strength) (run)

1 Borme, the Innkeeper (exudes a quiet confidence)

1 Maheil, an old drunk (seems to be unafraid)

1 Jierri, the bar wench (exudes a quiet confidence)

1 placid cow (humble-looking creature)

1 ebony horse (appears to lack strength) (Prone)(limb break)

1 Lahai, the storage keeper (unafraid)

1 woolly white sheep (relatively helpless)

1 woolly grey sheep (relatively helpless)

1 woolly black sheep (relatively helpless)

1 brown horse (appears to lack strength)(prone)(limb break)

1 piebald horse (appears to lack strength)(prone)(limb break)

3 giant stag beetle (does not look particularly dangerous)

1 Marel, foreman of the mines (exudes a quiet confidence)

5 burro hitched to a cart (does not look particularly dangerous)

1 stocky dwarf miner (seems to be unafraid)

1 mhun miner (seems to be unafraid)

1 squat goblin miner (exudes a quiet confidence)

14 Nimickan miner (appears to lack strength)

Nimick has two levels: The Village proper and the mines. All of the miners and the burros can be found in the mines. As far as I can tell all the animals and insects roam. I’m not sure if the villagers and miners remain stationary as they all ran from me after a certain point.

Things you’ll need: Mending/Renewal, Health/Vitality, Mana/Mentality, bloodroot/magnesium, tree tattoo for blackout  

• I figure I should stop giving directions to the denizens because some of them are involved with quests and I don't want to give away any quest information.

• I hope people use these because for even very small areas it takes me around an hour to do everything. Get the afflictions, the strengths and numbers. If it makes a few lowbie/midbies bashing easier then hey I did good.

• edited May 2014

@Deladan I really suggest just sticking them on the wiki. They'll disappear into obscurity here on the forums eventually.

I did up an example page for Mount Piraeus. Took 2 minutes. The 'Hunting Guide' section is your stuff. Super simple. Click 'edit' to see how the formatting works, and you can use that exact basic formatting for the other areas.

• alright thanks!

• There is also http://www.achaea.com/forum/hunting-spots for a start as well if you want to target lower level bashing in particular. A lot of areas have been added since 2006, of course, but the main bashing areas are mostly the same.

• Also, I'd recommend listing primarily the generic denizens as bashing material, and leaving the uniquely named ones out. Oftentimes those denizens are much more powerful than the rest, which can really skew the "at-a-glance" picture you get of an area's bashing difficulty when you look at a list. In general, you don't really miss out on that much xp/gold if you stick to bashing generics. There are exceptions of course, like the city area of Zanzibaar, which has a pretty in-depth array of denizens, and wasn't actually designed for bashing, despite that being the most popular activity! It also encourages people to leave them alone, so those who may be questing aren't at such a disadvantage, but that is more of a courtesy than a rule.

• JamethielJamethiel Adelaide
    Valnurana said:

Also, I'd recommend listing primarily the generic denizens as bashing material, and leaving the uniquely named ones out. Oftentimes those denizens are much more powerful than the rest, which can really skew the "at-a-glance" picture you get of an area's bashing difficulty when you look at a list. In general, you don't really miss out on that much xp/gold if you stick to bashing generics. There are exceptions of course, like the city area of Zanzibaar, which has a pretty in-depth array of denizens, and wasn't actually designed for bashing, despite that being the most popular activity! It also encourages people to leave them alone, so those who may be questing aren't at such a disadvantage, but that is more of a courtesy than a rule.

Hang on a moment there? There is a courtesy rule for bashing? I must have been asleep when they told me about this...

• Courtesy, not a rule. :)