Achaean Raves

Comments

• Peak said:
    ii artefact
    You are wielding:
          hammer338842: a Hammer of Forging in your left hand.

You are holding:
          firefly207933       an amber firefly
          kit161644           a sandstone stationery kit

You are wearing:
          flagon140955        a miniature flagon on a chain
          ring337387          a Ceylonese ring
          medallion180967     a commemorative Gathering medallion
          gauntlet287944      a Runic Gauntlet
          bracelet320589      a Ceylonese bracelet
          band297353          a golden band of Draconic vigour

So much rave. The only thing I've spent OOC money on is lessons (another lesson sale please @Tecton @Jumpy @Maya )
    Disclaimer: before you go making a rapier-forging alt, it's more luck than forging. I started off Achaea exploring for my newbie task and stumbled across a few things I sold for ~150k. I've made pretty good money forging when I didn't have to pay for my commodities (long-term order) and have just happened upon several awesome/valuable things.

@Finian You are awesome.

lol'd. I could (and have) told you that!

• I know I know... forging is so much cheaper when someone's giving you your leather and steel and just telling you "Forge scalemail forever. Give me the best one." Or they invest 10,000 steel into rapiers and the two of you split the profits from sales.

Super rave of wonders: Golden Dais thread is bumpin'
  • Yay, I finally found something I like!
    Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π
  • EiredhelEiredhel California
    edited August 2012
    @Ennylese and some of my House mates, I love IC fighting with you guys and being able to laugh about it OOC. It's rare to find people that you can scream and fight with IC who don't make it an OOC issue, and who encourage me to work hard on my character development. :) You guys are an absolute joy to work with. 

@Lacertix need to give you a super special individual kudos for being amazing IC and OOC, you've really encouraged me to be aggressive and to not be afraid of playing the bad guy. I think you single-handedly won me over on Achaea during the very first tutoring session. You always make me want to live up to your role-play expectations both IC and OOC, and I know I don't vocalize this enough, but THANK YOU! You honestly care about all my concerns and problems and it makes the world of a difference. 

/end sappy moment 

Meow, meow, etc. 
    Eiredhel's Family Tree

• What the hell, how do you have 40?
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    Glad to have you @Eiredhel! You add a lot to the House atmosphere. :)
    @Tvistor I have a lot to say! 

@Vayne Awww, thank you! It's been a great 6 ic years. 

Meow, meow, etc. 
    Eiredhel's Family Tree

• Can't stress this enough, but let me repeat this: Rave to the forums for extremely fast loading times.

• You know, I am normally the most skeptical, non-religious person you will ever meet. I have a hard time understanding the lure of faith. But I get a taste of it whenever a Certain Someone mentions even a few words - I get almost giddy, despite knowing that there is a perfectly normal human being behind said Person. Truly, one of the best parts of playing Achaea and definitely one of the key reasons why I haven't been able to let it go all these years. <3

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• I couldn't agree with Jhaeli more it was one of those, yep I should sign off and go do a couple things.. NOPE I will stay as long as possible!!!  happy happy happy.

Eiredhel said:

@Lacertix need to give you a super special individual kudos for being amazing IC and OOC, you've really encouraged me to be aggressive and to not be afraid of playing the bad guy. I think you single-handedly won me over on Achaea during the very first tutoring session. You always make me want to live up to your role-play expectations both IC and OOC, and I know I don't vocalize this enough, but THANK YOU! You honestly care about all my concerns and problems and it makes the world of a difference. 
    Good, we are suppose to be bad guys.
    Vayne said:

Eiredhel said:

Good, we are suppose to be bad guys.
    I know, but people are being mean to me first, and it's really hard to one up them D: 

Meow, meow, etc. 
    Eiredhel's Family Tree

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Jhaeli said:

You know, I am normally the most skeptical, non-religious person you will ever meet. I have a hard time understanding the lure of faith. But I get a taste of it whenever a Certain Someone mentions even a few words - I get almost giddy, despite knowing that there is a perfectly normal human being behind said Person. Truly, one of the best parts of playing Achaea and definitely one of the key reasons why I haven't been able to let it go all these years. <3

So much this. Not religious at all irl, but oh damn, when He comes around... wheeeee. Huge rave there.

Also rave for advancing in rank for the first time in the Order. Squee!

And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! (same reasons as mel and Jhae and Rinz) <3<3

• sounds like Someone is quite the ladies' man
  • sounds like Someone is quite the ladies' man
    Yes - but ah well. :)
    Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π
    Might I point out that the ladies' man in question has a beard?
  • Meropis! Really everytime I am there I discover something awesome. Love what they have done with the place.

• LiancaLianca Fire and Spice
    Exploring and questing with Earionduil. We've had so much fun!
    The sweltering heat of the forge spills out across the land as the rumbling voice of Phaestus booms, "I want you to know, the Garden reaction to that one is: What?"
    The voice of Melantha, Goddess of the Seasons, echoes amid the rustle of leaves, "That's the censored version."
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida

sounds like Someone is quite the ladies' man

Are you calling Rinzai a girl? :O

But really, He had the reaction Babel has these days, more or less, for Cyrene.

To stay on topic - Rave for hitting level 85. Slowly, ever so slowly, but surely...

And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Rave: I am so awesome.
  • @Cardan you and all of the coders are awesome. Suggested and implemented faster that a hilarious example can do that one thing with the punchline.
  • Yay! Finally got to Sempai rank!
  • Many raves to every last Maldaathi. I can't imagine how life works in other Houses.
  • Vigo said:
    Many raves to every last Maldaathi. I can't imagine how life works in other Houses.
    We do quite well in the Templars, actually. :D Glad to see that the Maldaathi are doing alright.

• Maldaathi recruitment suffers from time to time, due to an oppressive learning environment.
  • LiancaLianca Fire and Spice
    Once again, (and I'll echo Peak in this,) huge rave for Cardan.
    The sweltering heat of the forge spills out across the land as the rumbling voice of Phaestus booms, "I want you to know, the Garden reaction to that one is: What?"
    The voice of Melantha, Goddess of the Seasons, echoes amid the rustle of leaves, "That's the censored version."
  • AmunetAmunet Spokane, Washington, USA
    @Melodie and @Jhaeli make it sound as though Neraeos is making quite a splash. ;)

That is the only G-rated pun I managed to contrive in regard to the excitement of Neraean females. I will keep the rest to myself for fear of being forum-banned. Regardless, I'm glad to see others as stoked about their God as we tend to get about Babel. My every interaction with Neraeos and his denizens has been of an incredible quality, so I know, to a degree, the sort of thrill you must be experiencing.
    My avatar is an image created by this very talented gentleman, of whose work I am extremely jealous. It was not originally a picture of Amunet, but it certainly looks a great deal like how I envision her!
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles

Like a Metallica concert on tour, the Maldaathi will most def be challenging the Wardens next.

*unless the Templars win, in which case the Justin Bieber tour goes onward!  *duck achilles*

No, but seriously, the Knights of Achaea will have a sit down here soon enough and we'll cover it all. In the end, Knights are Knights, and we can unite (that includes you my brothers in KoH and Steel Bastion)

Synbios said:
    Vigo said:
    Many raves to every last Maldaathi. I can't imagine how life works in other Houses.
    We do quite well in the Templars, actually. :D Glad to see that the Maldaathi are doing alright.
    But Templars already won overall :)  Kalvon vs Tirac will be fun to watch (well as fun as 2 knights dueling for 30+ minutes can be)

And Synbios is right, Templars are doing really well right now.  Hurrah for blind luck.