Two landmarks suggestions

13»

Comments

• Jarrod said:
    Jovolo said:

If you don't want someone to be able to easily walk to you, regardless of being affiliated via city relation, then you should have that right. It's not a matter of someone needing to walk to them, it's a matter of someone wanting to and being able to without objection unless the target in question has access to a mechanically private room, even through veils and the like.

This is already non-existent. If someone can sense you, and you're somewhere that can be reached, they can walk to you. This system doesn't change that. Nothing was added that made people less able to avoid interaction. The absolute only case that is changed by this is if someone doesn't know who has a veil to ask to sense someone for them. If you don't have a veil, a toggle does nothing. If you do have a veil, what you're essentially stating is that you only want people who have spent 2000cr on a veil to be able to walk to you, or someone with a friend who spent 2000cr.

That is a terrible philosophy and a terrible idea to implement.

By adding in extra steps (if a config option is created - which would definitely be my preference), you're making it more of a deliberate thing, which is not a detriment to the overall game environment.

• Sense/click is legitimately 1 click longer in terms of execution than typing walk to. I get that you don't want to interact with people, but please choose one of the realistic reasons below you want this change:

1) I want people to be required to install the mudlet mapper before they can walk to me

2) I want people to have to ask others to sense me before they can walk to me

3) I want people to spend 2000cr before they can walk to me

4) A combination of the above

Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• #3 is a valid reason. People(not every veil-buyer) buy veils for exactly that reason, to prevent people from knowing where they are. The administration sells the artefact for exactly that purpose, so clearly they endorse this behavior. 

• Veil of the Sphinx OR Hood of the Sphinx: 2000 credits
       - Hides you from many mortal abilities that can pinpoint your location,
         including spy, scent, view, sense, window, fullsense, angel trace,
         angel presences, demon presences, angel seek, demon trace, allsight,
         falcon deliver, falcon track, falcon follow, falcon seek, mind glance,
         mind sense, grove who, grove look, grove eyes, forestwatch, foresttrack,
         mindnet, scry, farsee, who, users.

- Owning a Veil allows you to cut past the Veil defence of an opponent
         when locating him. This will _generally_ only work for one-time abilities,
         like 'sense', as opposed to abilities that trace someone on an on-going
         basis, like angel trace or forest track.

- Does NOT hide you from abilities that do more than simply locate you,
         such as Metamorphosis tracking.

- Does not remove you from qw/bw and organisational who-type lists.

- If you have any doubts about the effect of the Veil on a given ability,
         ask before you buy!

Incorrect.

Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• Leaders are using veils to avoid people in their own orgs?

Delete veils.

• Jacen said:

Leaders are using veils to avoid people in their own orgs?

Nope. They aren't.

• Just tested this. Anyone in my city can WALKTO me when I'm in a storeroom. With the proliferation of alts, this seems to me to be pretty darn dangerous. I did buy the veil and gem so I would be hard to find, especially when stocking. This is important when people like Jarrod want to rob shops. (Hi, Jarrod!)

If we could get this configurable, that would be great. As it is, I feel like I spent $719.98 for something that is greatly diminished in value.

• edited May 2014
    Lisbethae said:
    Just tested this. Anyone in my city can WALKTO me when I'm in a storeroom. With the proliferation of alts, this seems to me to be pretty darn dangerous. I did buy the veil and gem so I would be hard to find, especially when stocking. This is important when people like Jarrod want to rob shops. (Hi, Jarrod!)

If we could get this configurable, that would be great. As it is, I feel like I spent $719.98 for something that is greatly diminished in value.

Ouch. I certainly didn't intend for stockrooms to be reachable when I thought of citymates Walking to each other... now I feel bad. :(

• If you want privacy, go somewhere private and you won't have people barging in on you, simple as that!

• Sarapis said:

If you want privacy, go somewhere private and you won't have people barging in on you, simple as that!

@Sarapis : what about the WALK TO accessibility to stockrooms? That seems ouchy. :(

• Lock the door. They can no longer WALK TO you.

• They shouldn't be reachable unless people don't lock themselves in while they restock, which is the right way to do it.

I'm really at a loss as to why people are up in arms because their citymates can more easily bypass a veil and walk to them. 

• Tecton said:
    Aalm said:
    Sarapis said:

If you want privacy, go somewhere private and you won't have people barging in on you, simple as that!

@Sarapis : what about the WALK TO accessibility to stockrooms? That seems ouchy. :(

If someone can walk into a stockroom while you're in there, well... you're doing it wrong.

@Tecton : @Lisbethae put a note a few above mine that Cyrenians are able to go to her stockrooms while she is in there by virtue of the Landmarks system. She's an expert shopkeeper, so I am pretty sure she had reflexes to prevent this stuff to the extent that it's possible.

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Aalm said:
    Tecton said:
    Aalm said:
    Sarapis said:

If someone can walk into a stockroom while you're in there, well... you're doing it wrong.

@Tecton : @Lisbethae put a note a few above mine that Cyrenians are able to go to her stockrooms while she is in there by virtue of the Landmarks system. She's an expert shopkeeper, so I am pretty sure she had reflexes to prevent this stuff to the extent that it's possible.

Won't get you through a locked door if you don't have a key!

• Tecton said:
    Aalm said:
    Tecton said:
    Aalm said:
    Sarapis said:

Won't get you through a locked door if you don't have a key!

@Tecton : oh, okay.

• They can't actually walk into the stockroom, but it can be used to find out exactly where the stockroom is. That only makes it slightly easier though, and requires that one of your city/housemates is helping the thief (can WALK TO be forced?), so it doesn't seem like much of a problem.

• edited May 2014

Well, as shopkeeping is my main "thing that I like to do", it's a pretty large problem for me. 

And yeah, I didn't mean INTO the stockroom, you walk to the shop above the stockroom. It's a large problem because exiting the stockroom is the trickiest part of stocking, especially when someone knows you are in there. Walking to a shopkeeper, when it takes you to their shop, that's the clear message. The shopkeeper is in the stockroom. It only takes a persistent thief to get in at that point.

• <3 Tecton

• Seems to be a bug if the walker makes you go a bit fast:

Focusing on the innate bond with your citymate, you set off south toward your goal.

Abomination Road.

A noxious, red-hued fog overwhelms the area with a thick, palpable vapour. A cast iron trough of 

bubbling tar is here emitting a noxious smell. A runic totem is planted solidly in the ground. A 

sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground.

You see exits leading north and south.

You are 7 rooms distant from your destination. (STOP to abort walking.)

4408h, 3506m, 20930e, 16200w excbk|0/0|0/0|4/0|10- 

Focusing on the innate bond with your citymate, you set off south toward your goal.

Now now, don't be so hasty!

You are 6 rooms distant from your destination. (STOP to abort walking.)

4408h, 3506m, 20928e, 16200w excbk|0/0|0/0|4/0|10- 

You have gone off-course and stop walking toward your goal.

I didn't input anything, and it wouldn't continue without doing walkto again.

• Already bugged and assigned to high priority, along with not being able to handle the swimming delay.

• Those issues should both be resolved.
  • edited May 2014

@Sarapis , @Tecton : one thing I thought of that hasn't been asked yet -- would it be possible to include WALK TO movement to citypeople of a city one is allied to, or members of a high clan one is part of? Even if it means taking a minor/major trait that allows it? My guess is "no," but I thought I'd ask.

Thanks! :)