Buying GUI

I -NEED- someone to help me code up a GUI. I know exactly what I want the problem is I just can't code for the life of me. It doesn't have to be anything to glitzy but I would just like the basics of it down so I can start trying my hand at combat (then if Zulah will take a commission make it look awesomesauce.. or if you can do it MANY CREDITS FOR YOU). Will pay credits. At the moment it'll basically be a bunch of buttons assigned to tabs. Need need need need need!

Comments

• Have you considered speaking to @Akaya?  
    Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • I've thrown one out to Zulah, no reply yet though. This is a general call for anyone else that might be interested/have the time.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Don't bring me into this. I'm still only learning how to use Geyser.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • What's geyser?
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    geyser is what they use to make seperate windows, and I think Zulah's taking a break or something
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Geyser is pretty amazingly simple to use... the only thing slightly complicated about it is the CSS stylesheets, and the only thing I've never gotten to work is centering an image on a label. Other than that, Geyser is a huge improvement over the base GUI functions.

Here is my script for creating the HMEW gauges on my GUI.

-- Health, mana, endurance, and willpower gauges, and the colors needed to make them --

Rutile.GUI.Gauges.Colors =

{

{

"#F5C3AA",

"#C32833",

"#C32833",

"#D76950"

},

{

"#39316A",

"#5B5593",

"#1E186E",

"#26297A",

},

{

"#fbdbc2",

"#e4c66e",

"#d5a513",

"#f9c533",

},

{

"#b494c3",

"#7f5690",

"#540b64",

"#6f1e85"

}

}

Rutile.GUI.Gauges.HP = Geyser.Gauge:new({

name="hpbar",

x=480, y=-20,

width=160, height="20px",

})

Rutile.GUI.Gauges.HP.front:setStyleSheet([[background-color: QLinearGradient( x1: 0, y1: 0, x2: 0, y2: 1, stop: 0 #F5C3AA, stop: 0.48 #C32833, stop: 0.5 #F03228, stop: 1 #D76950);

border-top: 1px black solid;

border-left: 1px black solid;

border-bottom: 1px black solid;

border-radius: 5;

padding: 3px;

]])

Rutile.GUI.Gauges.HP.back:setStyleSheet([[background-color: QLinearGradient( x1: 0, y1: 0, x2: 0, y2: 1, stop: 0 #B3A9A7, stop: 0.48 #5f4c45, stop: 0.5 #19110f, stop: 1 #9c9794);

border-width: 1px;

border-color: black;

border-style: solid;

]])

Rutile.GUI.Gauges.MP = Geyser.Gauge:new({

name="mpbar",

x=650, y=-20,

})

Rutile.GUI.Gauges.MP.front:setStyleSheet([[background-color: QLinearGradient( x1: 0, y1: 0, x2: 0, y2: 1, stop: 0 #5B5593, stop: 0.48 #39316A, stop: 0.5 #1E186E, stop: 1 #26297A);

]])

Rutile.GUI.Gauges.MP.back:setStyleSheet([[background-color: QLinearGradient( x1: 0, y1: 0, x2: 0, y2: 1, stop: 0 #B3A9A7, stop: 0.48 #5f4c45, stop: 0.5 #19110f, stop: 1 #9c9794);

]])

Rutile.GUI.Gauges.EP = Geyser.Gauge:new({

name="epbar",

x=820, y=-20,

})

Rutile.GUI.Gauges.EP.front:setStyleSheet([[background-color: QLinearGradient( x1: 0, y1: 0, x2: 0, y2: 1, stop: 0 #fbdbc2, stop: 0.48 #e4c66e, stop: 0.5 #d5a513, stop: 1 #f9c533);

]])

Rutile.GUI.Gauges.EP.back:setStyleSheet([[background-color: QLinearGradient( x1: 0, y1: 0, x2: 0, y2: 1, stop: 0 #B3A9A7, stop: 0.48 #5f4c45, stop: 0.5 #19110f, stop: 1 #9c9794);

]])

Rutile.GUI.Gauges.WP = Geyser.Gauge:new({

name="wpbar",

x=990, y=-20,

})

Rutile.GUI.Gauges.WP.front:setStyleSheet([[background-color: QLinearGradient( x1: 0, y1: 0, x2: 0, y2: 1, stop: 0 #b494c3, stop: 0.48 #7f5690, stop: 0.5 #540b64, stop: 1 #6f1e85);

]])

Rutile.GUI.Gauges.WP.back:setStyleSheet([[background-color: QLinearGradient( x1: 0, y1: 0, x2: 0, y2: 1, stop: 0 #B3A9A7, stop: 0.48 #5f4c45, stop: 0.5 #19110f, stop: 1 #9c9794);

]])

------------------------------------------------------------------------

And here is the updateVitals event script, called on gmcp.Char.Vitals

function updateVitals(_,_)

Rutile.GUI.Gauges.HP:setValue(tonumber(gmcp.Char.Vitals.hp),tonumber(gmcp.Char.Vitals.maxhp), "<b>"..gmcp.Char.Vitals.hp.."/"..gmcp.Char.Vitals.maxhp.."</b>")

Rutile.GUI.Gauges.MP:setValue(tonumber(gmcp.Char.Vitals.mp),tonumber(gmcp.Char.Vitals.maxmp), "<b>"..gmcp.Char.Vitals.mp.."/"..gmcp.Char.Vitals.maxmp.."</b>")

Rutile.GUI.Gauges.EP:setValue(tonumber(gmcp.Char.Vitals.ep),tonumber(gmcp.Char.Vitals.maxep))

Rutile.GUI.Gauges.WP:setValue(tonumber(gmcp.Char.Vitals.wp),tonumber(gmcp.Char.Vitals.maxwp))

end

I tried that @Jacen, I get Lua syntax error:[string"-------------------------------------..."]:6: attempt to index global 'Rutile' (a nil value)

• Well, this is only a part of his script, so it doesn't quite work on its own if extracted like this. You'd first have to initialise the tables, like:

if not Rutile then
    Rutile = {GUI = {Gauges = {}}}
    end
  • Bah, forgot all my stuff was namespaced.

Add this to the top of the script:

Rutile = {}
    Rutile.GUI = {}
    Rutile.GUI.Gauges = {}
  • I'm always up for creating another Achaean GUI. Send me a PM here and we can get started.
    Here's my YouTube channel for references: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_ZY59zJZLHypwk8Vvib2Mw
  • Akaya said:
    I'm always up for creating another Achaean GUI. Send me a PM here and we can get started.
    Here's my YouTube channel for references: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_ZY59zJZLHypwk8Vvib2Mw
    .... :(
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    just so you know
    You can set a style sheet to a variable

default_style = "background-color: red; border-width: 1px; border-color: black; border-radius: 7"

then just

GeyserWindow:setStyleSheet(default_style)

saves a lot of typing if you have a lot of windows.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • I will make you a pretty gui msg me in game for my email address and send me an idea of what you want it to look like and functionality
  • edited January 2014

a screenshot of the UI i'm currently working on for myself in my spar time

Edit: heh, seems i suck at putting images on the forums but if you right click that and copy image url it should show
  • @Kross completely off topic... but I can't stop staring at your signature.

- 2014/05/13 03:37:22 - Jhui dies gasping for breath, asphyxiated by the power of Hanley Silverstorm's kai.

SerpentKai Go!

• So much interest >_<.
  • @Lithorin That's really coming along since you first showed me what you were working on!
  • Thanks for all the interest! I've got got a couple of people working on designs at the moment. Tune into the GUI showoff page for future showing off!
  • also looking for gui, will pay credits, pm me here if interested

@Cynthius I think @Akaya still has a site dedicated to GUI's

• edited May 2014
    That I do: http://guitararms420.wix.com/akayangui
  • I'd place an order but your website is horribly broken. I cannot look at the layout or features screen. It re-directs to 'free stuff'

• The website is very much functional. My email is at the bottom right. Contact me with your general idea.
  • It was put together in haste. The purpose is to give an idea of what to expect and a way to request a custom interface.
  • I'll update it tomorrow and fix the broken links
  • Akaya said:
    I'll update it tomorrow and fix the broken links

has your email changed?  sent you a few without a response

• Sorry. Just made through my finals week. All emails have been responded to.