Artifact Customizations

I'm currently working on a design for my dirk when I get one, this way once I can afford it I can customize it to look how I want instead of having to wait and design one before I get it done. However I've kind of come to a part of my designing where I'm not entirely sure what I can and cannot do. My question is, when doing the appearance, dropped, and such do I have to use 'dirk' or can I use something close to it, like a 'stiletto' or something? 

- 2014/05/13 03:37:22 - Jhui dies gasping for breath, asphyxiated by the power of Hanley Silverstorm's kai.

SerpentKai Go!

Comments

• edited May 2014

Has to be dirk, you can't change the 'base' item.

• Well that sucks, oh well! It was worth asking! I know when I read the HELP CUSTOMIZATION scroll it said something like that, but I wasn't sure if I was allowed to rename it instead of just using 'dirk'. Thanks!

- 2014/05/13 03:37:22 - Jhui dies gasping for breath, asphyxiated by the power of Hanley Silverstorm's kai.

SerpentKai Go!

• I think that it might be able to be changed if you make it more generic. Like, if I remember right rapiers can be customized to a 'blade' or 'sword' or something. I don't know exactly how that works, but I think you have a few other options, at least.

• @Nakari I hope your right honestly, I would love to have something other than a 'dirk'.

@Sarapis if I can use other words can you tell me what these words are so I can continue on making my design?

SerpentKai Go!

• @Hanley Sorry, but that's not my area of involvement at all. Having your item referred to as anything but a standard name,though, is going to cost extra, and may not be possible in some cases.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    One of my rapiers has a short appearance of being a parrying blade, but the base item is rapier.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• To be quite honest, one thing that surprises me about the artefacts in this game is that you aren't offered a free customization with the larger priced ones. With many of them costing 300 ($100) or more credits, I figured something like that would be included as a courtesy. Not intending insult or anything, just something I've been thinking about.

• @Sarapis I don't mind paying a bit extra for changing what people see it as when they enter the room or QL should I not be hidden, and I don't want to change what the base item is at all. I just wanted to see if I -could- change what people saw in general. Do you know who I can ask about that to see what I can and cannot use as far as that goes?

SerpentKai Go!

• I'd email customisations@achaea.com.

• AgriasAgrias Wisconsin
    As far as that goes, it's generally practice to maintain the base noun of an item. You can change a rapier to a sword or a blade, but not as a longsword or a épée. There are some small exceptions, like a dirk into a dagger, or fullplate into plate armour, etc, but exceptions are made on a case by case basis.

The reason for this is to circumvent players from obscuring their items or having them show up as misdirects.

It remains at the description of whichever God or Goddess or Celani or Admin that handles the customisation.

Kind of the same reason you cannot purchase pet addons for class loyals. No falcons or snakes with sentience or stuff like that.

There's more, but I'm too tired to type it all out on my phone.
  • I bribed Clementius back in the day and was able to deviate from the base item once. It is why I cackle every time I see an admin god about. They won't let me deviate any more :(
  • Done, thanks @Ourania, @Sarapis, and @Sena for the help!

SerpentKai Go!

This discussion has been closed.