In-game name highlighting

For those of us who aren't terrific at coding, can we get a simple system to color certain people's names according to CONFIG COLOUR? Or can we just get an option to switch on the colors that people from each city naturally get come CTF time? This would be really great. 

Comments

• Pretty sure something like this has been rejected before, but I can't remember the specifics of the suggestion. On my phone so unable to effectively search for the other thread about it.
  • Yeah, unfortunately, probably not. That's substantially more CPU-intensive than it probably sounds like it is without a lot of code rework/cleanup that probably isn't going to make it onto the priority list. That's one of those things that is far better done client-side.

• Out of curiousity, is the html client capable of doing so? I ask as with the server-side curing now, I imagine more newbies will stay with the html client rather than jumping to, say, mudlet where highlighters are fairly easy to pick up. 

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• Well, no, it's a client no different fundamentally from mudlet or whatever. It doesn't get any privileged information from the server, so it doesn't have any particular advantage other than, perhaps, that it's being designed with newbies in mind.

• Sorry, I should have been clearer - that the client was capable of running a highlighter script, not that highlighting was built in. You've essentially answered that for me though, thanks!

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man."