Im famous, its not a big deal..

edited March 2014 in The Universal Membrane
Hey! So anyone who read my topic a couple months back, may have seen my California Triathlon thread. Well as the season went on, the team and I were lucky enough to get interviewed by a couple of guys from CBS Sports, who did a short little program on our league. Last night, it aired on the 6 o clock news on CBS channel 5 KPIX for the Bay Area. Here is our crappy recorded version, but it will have to do for now. Thought this was cool and really exciting for me, so wanted to share it.. I'm wearing a blue shirt when I come on.

Cant get the video to embed.. So here is a link! 

Comments

• Hold on, techinical difficulties embedding the video
  • EldEld
    edited March 2014
    Looks like it's fine, now. Ignore.
  • Damn dude you do triathlons? That's awesome!
  • Jonathin said:
    I ran a mile once.
    I walk 2 miles almost every day (school days), does that count?
    meh

• Rohai said:
    Damn dude you do triathlons? That's awesome!
    Haha yep, out with severe shin splints for a bit but hopefully back at it soon.. Its not fun but hey, I landed on cbs so worth it
  • Absolutely impressive @Zuko
    Light prevails, always
  • Strata said:
    Awesome. I think the most excercise I get all year is from shoveling snow, raking leaves, and cutting grass, and occasional drunken stumbles down the road back to my house because I'm too shitfaced to drive.
    TIL Strata is my spirit animal.
    [2:41:24 AM] Kenway: I bet you smell like evergreen trees and you could wrestle boreal mammals but they'd rather just cuddle you
  • Shibumi said:
    Absolutely impressive @Zuko
    Thanks Shibumi.

Yesterday was crazy, I am currently traveling and spending sometime in Arizona. I normally live up near San Francisco. But somebody way out here, a vendor at the spring training baseball game, recognized me. It was pretty cool, made me feel famous haha
  • Much better quality version of the interview! Before it was just phone recorded on the tv, here is the real deal. Enjoy :)

• @Zuko I saw this thread and went 'Why do I care if your famous?' :(

- 2014/05/13 03:37:22 - Jhui dies gasping for breath, asphyxiated by the power of Hanley Silverstorm's kai.

SerpentKai Go!

• Hanley said:
    @Zuko I saw this thread and went 'Why do I care if your famous?' :(

Cause its awesome and @Kerria gtfo

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!

pretty simple really, if you don't care about it, don't read it @Hanley

Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• They're just jel, Zukemeister. Coming into a thread to purposefully bash it and round it off with a "Am I even bothered though." I hope it was a joke or that was infinitely stupid
  • KerriaKerria The Red Lioness
    edited May 2014

I have him ignored, I liked something friends said.

could of pointed out he's not famous at all, he did an interview, and the coach is famous, but I didn't. Wait..

• You can have the BOTD for not understanding Zuko doesn't actually think he's some famous god, but you don't need to come here and shit over his prideworthy accomplishment, that's a bit much.

I was more laughing at you and hanley coming here and basically being assholes and then flagging zuko for saying go away

actually I thought it was pretty cool. I was agreeing with his first thought. Apologies for flagging someone who was tagging me for no reason and telling me to gtfo when I hadn't done anything. NOW i'm being an because I'm upset and since everyone seems to think I'm being a <name>, NOW I am.

• edited May 2014
    I was totally hating AND being a <name>, it makes me feel like a relevant and contributing member of the community. That is how the Achaean do.

Edit: Maybe it is just how I do. #YOLO4LYFE.

Edit again: grats on being newsworthy, I only see myself on tv when convenience stores send camera footage to the news. Gotta get dem credits doe

• @Tharvis you obviously only see things from one side, nice job.

- 2014/05/13 03:37:22 - Jhui dies gasping for breath, asphyxiated by the power of Hanley Silverstorm's kai.

SerpentKai Go!

• edited May 2014
    @Jovolo thanks for the backup. You are right, the whole topic title is sarcastic because Im hardly famous for being in the news, but it was still very cool! 

@Kerria The reason I told you to "Gtfo" is because I do not like you, nor do I really want you in my affairs here that do not concern you. As for flagging me for tagging you, that is after you came to my topic while on my ignore list.. So nice try!

Anyways, APOLOGIES for showing off something that was exciting for me! I wont do that anymore! Whew, glad I learned this lesson.

• @Kerria But, thank you for thinking it was cool. Just not sure why you agreed that post then. But in response to the coach being famous and not us, my coach was actually pretty upset because he wanted it to be more about the team and less about his rock and roll days and more of us, less of him. But oh well. 

• Zuko said:

@Kerria But, thank you for thinking it was cool. Just not sure why you agreed that post then. But in response to the coach being famous and not us, my coach was actually pretty upset because he wanted it to be more about the team and less about his rock and roll days and more of us, less of him. But oh well. 

That is a really long way to type the two word phrase 'Listen, bitch'

• Lol! I tried to put it delicately, was it that obvious? :wink: 

• @Zuko and Achaean is still misspelled.

SerpentKai Go!

• SEE @Zuko NO ONE CARES ABOUT U

@zuko you tagged me and brought me into the conversation. I thought Hanley's humor was funny not being a dick. Again sorry for raining on your parade.
    You have also posted on my threads and liked topics and things on my threads and not once did I think about tagging you and telling you to gtfo and making it a big deal. You know why? Because that is kinda bullshit.

After you tagged me I had three people ig/oog telling me what a bitch I am. You started the drama, and now are continuing it. If you want to ignore me fine but you were the one tagging me, you were the one brought me in. I would of never posted here if not for your actions.

I clicked a button, I'm now a bitch. Period. Thanks for that, I was starting to think people were of the thought I'm as passive and scared of conflict as I really am. I ignored you because of the constant need to be toxic and make thing bigger than they are, and I told you as much. I was mistaken in the thought that you could learn from that.

Feel free to keep tagging me, this is my last post here.
  • Hanley said:

@Zuko and Achaean is still misspelled.

Thanks! been meaning to change it, people keep pointing it out! :D

This discussion has been closed.