Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

New post editor

SarapisSarapis Member, Administrator Posts: 3,398 Achaean staff
edited April 2014 in North of Thera
From Vanilla, the folks who make and host our forums.

Just testing here to see what it's like. 

  1. Ooh, drag and drop image insertion into posts. That's nice.

  • Let's see if the quoting is any better than before in the next post.



KyrraSylvanceTrilliana

Comments

  • SarapisSarapis Member, Administrator Posts: 3,398 Achaean staff
    Sarapis said:
    From Vanilla, the folks who make and host our forums.

    Just testing here to see what it's like. 

    1. Ooh, drag and drop image insertion into posts. That's nice.
    • Let's see if the quoting is any better than before in the next post. 

    Is the quoting better? Let's find out in the next post.

  • SarapisSarapis Member, Administrator Posts: 3,398 Achaean staff

    Sarapis said:
    Sarapis said:
    From Vanilla, the folks who make and host our forums.

    Just testing here to see what it's like. 

    1. Ooh, drag and drop image insertion into posts. That's nice.

    Is the quoting better? Let's find out in the next post.

    Damn it, no, the quoting still has some of the same problems as before, where your cursor can get stuck inside a quote while you're editing, and you can't stick it back into the editing area without switching to html/code view and doing it.
  • NellaundraNellaundra Member Posts: 1,556 @@ - Legendary Achaean

    ...I actually like the quoting now, holy shit.

    image
  • SarapisSarapis Member, Administrator Posts: 3,398 Achaean staff

    @Nellaundra It's better than before, but the most annoying thing about it, to me, is still a problem.

    ShirszaeSylvanceCahin
  • NellaundraNellaundra Member Posts: 1,556 @@ - Legendary Achaean

    Ugh, posted at the same time you did. Yay. Two steps forward one step back~

    image
    Sarapis
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the StormMember Posts: 3,178 @@ - Legendary Achaean

    Ugh, posted at the same time you did. Yay. Two steps forward one step back~

    Every time I see that phrase, I hear it in Paula Abdul's voice... (plus it's an excuse to test YouTube embedding!)



    Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
    MishgulAlexandre
  • SylvanceSylvance Member Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Sarapis said:

    Sarapis said:
    Sarapis said:
    From Vanilla, the folks who make and host our forums.

    Just testing here to see what it's like. 

    1. Ooh, drag and drop image insertion into posts. That's nice.

    Is the quoting better? Let's find out in the next post.

    Damn it, no, the quoting still has some of the same problems as before, where your cursor can get stuck inside a quote while you're editing, and you can't stick it back into the editing area without switching to html/code view and doing it.

    Totally thought that was something that just happened to me. Annoying as all hell. Anyway, let's stress test this bitch. What's the current record for nested quotes?

    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • SylvanceSylvance Member Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean

    Sylvance said:
    Sarapis said:

    Sarapis said:
    Sarapis said:
    From Vanilla, the folks who make and host our forums.

    Just testing here to see what it's like. 

    1. Ooh, drag and drop image insertion into posts. That's nice.

    Is the quoting better? Let's find out in the next post.

    Damn it, no, the quoting still has some of the same problems as before, where your cursor can get stuck inside a quote while you're editing, and you can't stick it back into the editing area without switching to html/code view and doing it.

    Totally thought that was something that just happened to me. Annoying as all hell. Anyway, let's stress test this bitch. What's the current record for nested quotes?

    Oh dear.. now I can see the handfractal three times in my post, which is totally effing with me.

    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • AntoniusAntonius Member Posts: 4,940 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Seems to have added the tiniest amount of horizontal scroll on the mobile version. Just enough to cut off the first character of each line for me, and when swiping on my phone it's pretty annoying.
  • BonkoBonko Member Posts: 692 @@ - Legendary Achaean

    This is awful. Can you please change it back?


  • NemutaurNemutaur GermanyMember Posts: 1,068

    I like the Full page option when writing a post.

  • WessuxWessux ChattanoogaMember Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Quoting on a cellphone may be worse now. Hard to say though.
    Invest in a 9mm retirement plan.
    Ainia
  • JovoloJovolo EnglandMember Posts: 3,249 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    > @Wessux said:
    > Quoting on a cellphone may be worse now. Hard to say though.
    Lets see> @Melodie said:
    > Agreed on absolute worst smilies ever.
    :Oconfusicus
    WessuxJozlyn
  • AntoniusAntonius Member Posts: 4,940 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    > @Jovolo said:
    > That went well

    It's like markdown quoting, except it doesn't work.
  • DraekarDraekar Member Posts: 290 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent

    Certainly different :s 

    Maybe not for the better  :|

    BonkoTrillianaNim
  • AntoniusAntonius Member Posts: 4,940 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    The smilies are awful, and in some cases actually quite horrifying. I also could have sworn that yesterday morning the editor on the mobile site had changed, but seems to be back to the way it was before now.
  • KinilanKinilan Member, Seafaring Liason Posts: 1,255 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    WHERE ARE THE SMILEYS WHERE IS PIRATE SMILEY

    :ar!

    Oh my god!

    This is discrimination! How dare they try to repress my people like this?

    TharvisTrillianaNimUtianima
Sign In to Comment.