What's the Dumbest (IC) thing your character has ever done?

Comments

• Jukilian said:
    Trying to suggest/discuss alternate strategies to potentially ward off raiders in Hashan that didn't involve allowing them to sit in one place in the city and eventually leave due to potential boredom.
    Hey man, maybe I was a little snarky about it, but it gets aggravating hearing the same thing over and over again. "We should have done this, we should have done that, I have no idea how we would accomplish that but we should have done something." I didn't shut you down, I gave you plenty of time to explain how we could get there and kill them, and the best you gave me was dropping the retard outside their room.

We're dumb and inexperienced, and what works for other people won't work for us because we just don't know how. What I do know how to do is avoid getting our people killed (which avoids a ton of bitching down the road)  when they can't actually do any damage. Minimal threat, minimal risk taking. Its not the most fun way to play, but it beats the hell out of the bitchfest you get when you get people killed.
  • AchimrstAchimrst Nature
    edited April 2014
    Caoimhaen said:
    Im not sure. Um...becoming an occultist and joining the spirit walkers? That was pretty dumb but rp sort of balanced out the stupidity. Missing to hashan ct about achimrst telling me the forest would take hashan and Lady @Ourania being around to make a snarky comment. I am so shocked no one jumped down my throat about about maybe being friends with @Achimrst‌ . Lol then there is when I was a blademaster and thought i had to what is it..position my scabbard either whenever i attacked or..signed in. Then there was the time i couldnt figure out why i couldnt impale as i did a double break and struck neck for paralysis. Bleh...oh and then there was the time i acted tough as a mark with only one trans skill and i didnt have tumble or evade. I acted tough to @Arkius‌ and he came and walled me in and set off a halocaust(sp) bomb and killed me. Hrm..then the time I threw a knife at someone at crossroads when i just joined hashan again. Then the time i jump kickes @Milenka‌ for using dragon breath on me playfully. Surprised she didnt kill me...
    I like how Ourania cares enough about me to make a snarky comment.

• AgriasAgrias Wisconsin
    Ourania said:

Actually, it was a snarky comment about the whole of Eleusis, not you.

Silly tree-huggers!
    Well now I want to hear the snark.
  • Agrias said:
    Actually, it was a snarky comment about the whole of Eleusis, not you.

Silly tree-huggers!
    Well now I want to hear the snark.
    For Hashani ears only!
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    Caliph. (except near the end)

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • I have a hard time thinking of anything for this question, because if it's IC, then it was within Nim's character to behave that way, no matter how clever or stupid it happened to be - and who could fault someone for simply being themselves?

That said, it's pretty hilarious to see her try to smack talk people. She is just so hilariously awful at it, I really hope people don't think it's OOCly driven or anything. (I'm way better at it, for starters >_> )
  • JozlynJozlyn out of here.
    Marrying @Flair

jk jk those were good times 
     yes, sir.
  • KatzchenKatzchen Mhaldor
    edited April 2014
    Draqoom said:
    Araeus said:
    I'll start this one off right. I once bought armour (22,500 gold) and a shield (9500 gold) from Sacred Steel. I then immediately forgot to wear the armour, or wield the shield. I walked around for 30 months just carrying them. The whole time, I was defending, hunting, and of course, dying without fully understanding why. Then one day my father @Brivius said to me, "you know, you're not wearing armour" Damned if he wasnt right! The next month I  went out and bought another set of armour at sacred steel. It wasnt until I checked the armour list that I realized I had armour and a shield all along! Now I had 2 sets of mail. one of which was totally unneeded. That's so Araeus! Top that!
    Challenge accepted!

I married @Mindry.
    Married @Kaie...

Though getting kicked out of the Maldaathi and Mhaldor on my first ever character for logging onto my friend's (also Maldaathi) account and fondling random people at the gates, probably up there. :P That was 10 years ago IRL now.

Or agreeing to play strip chess... in the middle of Hashan, and losing. :/

ETA: Nope, was definitely joining the Pandora pre-order clan, for all of five minutes thinking... hey maybe they'd be fun... so much nope.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• Hexan said:
    Thinking. Thinking. Pecking the statue of Eros on the cheek, and fleeing while blushing. : D
  • Alexandre said:
    Draqoom said:
    Araeus said:
    I'll start this one off right. I once bought armour (22,500 gold) and a shield (9500 gold) from Sacred Steel. I then immediately forgot to wear the armour, or wield the shield. I walked around for 30 months just carrying them. The whole time, I was defending, hunting, and of course, dying without fully understanding why. Then one day my father @Brivius said to me, "you know, you're not wearing armour" Damned if he wasnt right! The next month I  went out and bought another set of armour at sacred steel. It wasnt until I checked the armour list that I realized I had armour and a shield all along! Now I had 2 sets of mail. one of which was totally unneeded. That's so Araeus! Top that!
    Challenge accepted!

I married @Mindry.
    I let @Mindry bloodline Alexandre as his mother. :P

But if you didn't let her bloodline you. Elaina might not of had the chance she did to get to know you and She thinks your fab!

Elaina x

• Hanley got engaged to Ayleth...

- 2014/05/13 03:37:22 - Jhui dies gasping for breath, asphyxiated by the power of Hanley Silverstorm's kai.

SerpentKai Go!

• KerriaKerria The Red Lioness
    Following @Besra into a room full of Mhaldorians with retardation vibe, and stupidly getting killed.

Seconded only to being too nice to everyone, and allowing someone to talk me into being engaged to him, despite me knowing what a twat he was.
  • Well, there was that raid in Mhaldor...
    The legend still lives on, and Targossian bards recount the tale of my numerous, humorous deaths to this day.

Also, letting the same girl make over twenty alts, dating all of them over a period of almost a RL year. At first because I loved her, then because I was paranoid and wanted to find proofs of multiplaying so she would get shrubbed.
    She was  then shrubbed. Cheers.

Siduri said:
    Also, letting the same girl make over twenty alts, dating all of them over a period of almost a RL year. At first because I loved her, then because I was paranoid and wanted to find proofs of multiplaying so she would get shrubbed.

can you tell me how to do that? Cause seriously. I really need to get rid of my stalker....
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    edited April 2014
    Siduri said:
    Well, there was that raid in Mhaldor...
    The legend still lives on, and Targossian bards recount the tale of my numerous, humorous deaths to this day.

Haha I remember this. I remember just straight up watching you trying to walk over and over into Mhaldor and dying over and over again, and just going...what? Who even is this guy? Oh well - *decap* *offer* *rinse and repeat*
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• Kerria said:
    Siduri said:

can you tell me how to do that? Cause seriously. I really need to get rid of my stalker....
    Learn to fake real good. Also, observation of speech patterns, knowledge of usual logging time, particular sexual tastes and distastes, a good qwho reflex to verify multiple character synchronicity.
    Ask them for help finding the culprit, usually they'll try to be helpful, teach you a bit more, but also reveal themselves. Fish for IPs if you can, it's not perfect, but a good indicator of actual whereabouts.

Then enjoy the mayhem.

• Jurixe said:
    Siduri said:
    Well, there was that raid in Mhaldor...

Haha I remember this. I remember just straight up watching you trying to walk over and over into Mhaldor and dying over and over again, and just going...what? Who even is this guy? Oh well - *decap* *offer* *rinse and repeat*
    And I was naked, and the few times I did get in phased, had my asp following me. Cheers!
    (Way to return from 7 years of dormancy, raid Mhaldor on the first day!)

Jacen said:
    Hey sweet thang, I forgot my IP address, can I get yours?
    no but you can have my phone number : 818-663-5412
  • Hm. Letting Jhaeli's then-girlfriend (who was also my OOC partner at the time) convince her to leave the Occultists because the girlfriend had flunked their tests and wanted to leave Ashtan out of spite. It was either the dumbest thing she's done ICly or the smartest, as it's shaped her whole life in the 200+ years since.

Also, letting said girlfriend/wife convince her to adopt. I like Jhaeli's adopted daughter, but both Jhae and I cannot stand most of her offspring and being childless would have fit the character much better, especially after the divorce.

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man."