Quick Questions

Comments

• Mana is magical, duh. Don't question it.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    (p) -3852[100%h]3080[72%m][99%w][100%e][69.5%][16:30:37.777][none]-(+1055 Mana) 
    (p) -3852[100%h]4135[97%m][100%w][100%e][69.5%][16:30:47.521][none]-(+1055 Mana) 

There you go, some hard proof.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • edited October 2012
    Edit: dumb
  • OceanaOceana North Sea
    My disagree badge disagrees with me and refuses to show it's face. Where is it hiding?
  • It's probably hanging out/passed out drunk in an ally with my WTF badge.
  • EldEld
    edited October 2012
    @Oceana: I don't think I've seen disagree badges anywhere. My guess is that disagrees don't get badges because they don't affect points. Dunno why @Iocun doesn't have a 5 WTFs badge, though.
  • edited October 2012
    No badges for Disagree or WTF. The full list of badges is here.

It includes a lot of things that aren't enabled for us, like Awesome, Agree, Insightful, etc.
  • Sena said:

It includes a lot of things that aren't enabled for us, like Awesome, Agree, Insightful, etc.
    There are WTF badges, though, or at least were at some point. See Salik, for example. If they did get disabled, I highly approve, since getting positive points for doing enough things that give negative points individually is just silly. Nice find on the list of badges.
  • OceanaOceana North Sea
    I thought I saw a brownish badge with a cross in it somewhere... it's not on the list though.
  • SherazadSherazad Planef Urth
    You received 25 WTFs. You're posting some good content. Great!

This made me lol. 
    Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• Sherazad said:
    You received 25 WTFs. You're posting some good content. Great!

This made me lol. 
    That's one way to put it I suppose.
  • edited October 2012
    : O They should enable the agrees for us.

Edit: I really hate these smilies. Just going to start spacing them out by default..
  • Sena said:

I'm baffled by the 25 000 comment description. Whose house, or who's house? Your house or you're house? Or just a joke on common spelling mistakes?
  • Thaumas said:
    Sena said:

I'm baffled by the 25 000 comment description. Whose house, or who's house? Your house or you're house? Or just a joke on common spelling mistakes?
    Who is house? Your house is house.
  • Anyone have a brief summary of the mechanics of ship crew morale/xp? My understanding is that (neglecting trades/cooking/etc) morale rises or lowers on some regular (roughly hourly) tick, by an amount set by rations and wages, experience increases mainly through sailing around, and increased morale leads to faster experience gain. Is that roughly correct, and does anyone have an idea of the relative importance of wages/rations/food type in morale gain?
  • edited November 2012
    I'm not entirely certain, but that sounds right.

The crew also gains experience slowly even with the ship sitting in the harbour unused (or maybe it's the occasional repairs?), and there's a cap on morale based on wages (For example, I have wages set at 6 bits for crewmates and 1 gold for shipmates (which is "a bit low") and morale is capped at 62,000 (Unwavering). When I had the wages at 1 gold for crewmates and 1 gold 4 bits for shipmates (which was "generous"), the cap was 64,000 (Fanatical).).

I'm curious about morale gain at various wages/rations too, I'll be testing that.
  • @Sena Interesting about the lower morale cap with lower wages. As fare as I know, 64k is a hard cap, regardless, so perhaps it's just reduced from there for wages below "fair" (8 bits for crewmates, 12 for shipmates).
  • How important is the strength stat for serpents? I believe I've read that affects Garrote, but would 14 strength deal much more Garrote damage than 11 strength?
  • edited November 2012
    Aina said:
    How important is the strength stat for serpents? I believe I've read that affects Garrote, but would 14 strength deal much more Garrote damage than 11 strength?
    The only serpent ability affected by strength is backstab. So it isn't important at all, most of the time.
  • I'm beginning to suspect that the primal ember non-fatal bursts are percentile damage, with heavier embers increasing the percentage. Anyone who can confirm?

• @Aina really the only stat thats useful for serpents is constitution, and at a certain point, even that stops helping due to many attacks being percentage-based. As Sena said, strength only affects backstab. Dexterity adds a negligible amount of dodge when compared with trans avoidance, and so really isn't all that useful either. Intelligence increases mana (duh) and we really only use mana for keeping weaving up longer. Soo....constitution!

• @Synbios it is a ranged percentage. I haven't sat down and played with my ember to give you what the percentage is, but I can with certainty say that it burns within a range based upon the weight of the ember, while burning less on those with lower max health.
  • @Synbios My ember did 1128 to me at 9 pounds, 12 pounds, and 14 pounds. I'd imagine the damage increases when the ember ups your con, so going from a few ounces to a few pounds will show a big damage difference, but once you get to higher pounds it stays the same.
  • @Veldrin, I have to ask.

Do you just have Ashaxei's corpse strapped to your back or something?
  • Alyssea said:
    @Synbios My ember did 1128 to me at 9 pounds, 12 pounds, and 14 pounds. I'd imagine the damage increases when the ember ups your con, so going from a few ounces to a few pounds will show a big damage difference, but once you get to higher pounds it stays the same.

One possible way to test it is by using an hp/mp artie ring and comparing percentage damage with and without it, since you will retain your current CON while modifying your max hp. I find that changing my hmew representations to percentage-based makes it easier to determine that fact. 

• @Veldrin, I have to ask.

My plan was to try and get enough embers to recombine it

• Cardan said:
    Veldrin said:
    @Veldrin, I have to ask.

My plan was to try and get enough embers to recombine it
    Ashaxei != Lego/Meccano 
    But what if you could gather the essence of her and create a new 'Dragon who can bestow the soul of Dragons' by getting enough embers? :O