Mark and writs

CarmellCarmell Eastern Washington
If a member of an order get's a writ on someone that defiles they can then yield that writ and then the Order can hire on the person that defiled.  There are certain RP reasons why an order would only use members of the Ivory mark or Quisalis Mark to take on these writs.  If the person you are trying to hire on is a member of the mark that you are trying to request then you are denied the ability to hire on the person. 

We should look into better ways of managing both the Quisalis and Ivory marks since this new system has been put into place so that we don't see this kind of problem arising.  You look at the Ivory mark as people that are championing the downtrodden and the Quisalis mark are assassins that will kill anyone just because they can.  Having a member of the mark that goes around attacking shrines and then the order having no recourse against them seems to be an oversight of the system.

Comments

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    So.. why can't you just hire the other org on them if they are a member of a particular one?
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Daeir said:
    This is more a consequence of our stance than anything wrong with the system, though. We probably just have to deal with it.
    I disagree. With all due respect to deucora and fully understanding our position, the rule that we can't be Quisalis and can't hire Quisalis was forced on Targossas by the admins. I understand -why- the stance is what it is, but we still don't have a choice in the matter. Therefore I think that it is up to the admins to make sure that this stance doesn't have negative consequences in terms of our potential to use the system. They can't say you are only allowed to use one of the two mark organizations, but because you are only allowed to use one you can't ever hire on members of that mark.

• StrataStrata United States of Derp
    Could be something as simple as the divine for the particular order pulling a trump card and allowing the contract to be assigned to a member of the same mark organization that they hold in high esteem for whatever reasons (like the particular individual has a proven track record of success).
    For example: I have a brooding suspicion that the divines probably have fine grained control over who exactly gets contracts for order writs, as I've had mostly Sartan contracts lately.
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    Antidas said:
    Daeir said:
    This is more a consequence of our stance than anything wrong with the system, though. We probably just have to deal with it.
    I disagree. With all due respect to deucora and fully understanding our position, the rule that we can't be Quisalis and can't hire Quisalis was forced on Targossas by the admins. I understand -why- the stance is what it is, but we still don't have a choice in the matter. Therefore I think that it is up to the admins to make sure that this stance doesn't have negative consequences in terms of our potential to use the system. They can't say you are only allowed to use one of the two mark organizations, but because you are only allowed to use one you can't ever hire on members of that mark.
    To be honest, systems like this can be abused pretty hard to, while not in the thought process it would be really easy for everyone to decide to Ivory over Assassin, then be completely immune to hiring in the first place. While im not sure this would actually happen, it is possible.  Not that it can't be fixed in the future,

And for the record, if say Jhui is raiding Targossas. A newbie walks up and he kills him with out realizing he's a newbie. Instead of seeking an ic solution (hiring) he's not allowed to. there for making the option of issue growing higher.

And we all like Jhui, we don't want him to be a tree.

• There are all kinds of issues with the new Mark system and the Writ system. There was talk of an overhaul of Writs in the original thread but I can't imagine we'll get that any time soon.
  • This seems like something that needs to be changed sooner rather than later, especially with the schisms in the game raging like they are and the current shrine war.

Is there anything we mortals can do to help hasten the fix?

• NieelensarsNieelensars Southern, Texas
    I agree with this post.