Bonnaroo 2014

JozlynJozlyn out of here.
I've decided I'm going. I'll arrive Friday night and stay until Sunday afternoon. If anyone else is going it would be fun to say hello!
 yes, sir.

Comments

• Does anyone know what this is? I tried to google it, but I just got more confused.
  • These places are huge trip fests. Known as festivals, modern day "Hippies" join and do obscure drugs such as hardcore hallucinogens, cat tranquilizers (Ketamine), Amphetamines, you name it, it's there. The county holding festivals (since it's always in the country not an urban area) receives SHITTONS of money from taxes, fees, dues, etc etc. They had a smaller one where I live (3 hours s,sw) where the mayor received 100 heads of cattle...They're awesome if you want to vibe out at a campsite and yes, not shower at all. 

• JozlynJozlyn out of here.
    I'm going for the music?...seriously?
     yes, sir.
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Jozlyn said:
    that's what they all say!
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Good luck there. Drink lots of water and be ready to stand outside in the elements (hot muggy muggy Tennessee summer elements) from sun up to sun down. I wouldn't with Bonnaroo on my worst enemy.

• Tharvis said:
    Jozlyn said:
    that's what they all say!
    Motherfucker have you -seen- the lineup?

• Vicious said:
    These places are huge trip fests. Known as festivals, modern day "Hippies" join and do obscure drugs such as hardcore hallucinogens, cat tranquilizers (Ketamine), Amphetamines, you name it, it's there. The county holding festivals (since it's always in the country not an urban area) receives SHITTONS of money from taxes, fees, dues, etc etc. They had a smaller one where I live (3 hours s,sw) where the mayor received 100 heads of cattle...They're awesome if you want to vibe out at a campsite and yes, not shower at all. 
    That explains their website.
  • Having planted my flag at the farm the previous 4 years, allow me to throw 2-cents.  There are only 361 days in the year, the other 4 are Bonnaroo.  The true beauty is that there are 100,000+ people and everyone gets along.  When night falls, bust out that costume bc its p much RP and good music from there.  Fairly confident 90% of you reading this can get down with at least one of the two...  My camp is open to anyone that finds themselves in this magical place.  And my camp is awesome. 

• Saeva said:
    Good luck there. Drink lots of water and be ready to stand outside in the elements (hot muggy muggy Tennessee summer elements) from sun up to sun down. I wouldn't with Bonnaroo on my worst enemy.
    As someone who lives in Tennessee I agree with this completely. I even live close-ish and I still don't ever go. I love music, but this festival for me is a no go. 

@Gyrth I've never been and I'm going alone so any suggestions would be much appreciated. :)
     yes, sir.
  • My only suggestion is not to go alone.
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    I wish I could go. Dat lineup. Dat friendship.
  • Went to Bonnaroo once. The lineups are great and it's a ton of fun (if you bring good people with you especially). 

But it's definitely very hot! The shower I took when I got home felt so good I nearly cried. It was like I'd never felt water before. You should totally go and have an awesome time!
    hurrah! Achaean dance party? Can we cause some minor trouble, please?
     yes, sir.
  • Dunn said:
    @Gyrth convinced me to go.

Love you, man. We're gonna get weird. Hope your RL friends don't oppose renaming your camp "Atop the battlements of the city wall"

First.  Love you 2.

Second.  HELL YES!!  @dunn @jozlyn.

tbh, Ive found some beauty in that noone ever really knows how anyone knows anybody here.  With that being said, it is my goal for non-achaeans to acquire the expression, "man...Lets raid!" as a goto verb for action.  

• ^ still learning how to use quotes..
  • edited April 2014

That lineup is sick. Totally going to try to make this work.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • @Jhui I'm gonna bring a deck of cards and you can be a monk. 1v1s at Gyrth's camp?

• StrataStrata United States of Derp
    Only thing worth on that lineup so far is Meshuggah. I'm not wading through a puddle of 100,000+ unshowered skrillex emotards in the muggy Tennessee summer - NO... WAY.
    No amount of hardcore hallucinogens and weird-time with Dunn/Jhui/Gyrth/Jozlyn can change that.

Ya'll have fun though :)
  • @Makarios he'll have four days to get a win.

• Makarios said:

Last I knew Jhui wasn't so good at one v ones.

Maybe y650 was just an off day.

am going to unfasten your seat belt at the top of the roller coaster at CP
    @Strata you're missing out. I'm going to bake a pie.
     yes, sir.
  • Manchester is only 46 miles from me - I could be there in an hour, tops. Hmm, seems interesting, though I'd probably only come for a day and head back home that night. Camping in hot, muggy heat and me just doesn't mix. 

• Any and all are welcome to raid with us.

I finally stopped putting it off and I bought my ticket. I'll see you lot there :)

(I'm excited!)

yes, sir.