What's the Dumbest (IC) thing your character has ever done?

Comments

• Draqoom said:
    Araeus said:
    I'll start this one off right. I once bought armour (22,500 gold) and a shield (9500 gold) from Sacred Steel. I then immediately forgot to wear the armour, or wield the shield. I walked around for 30 months just carrying them. The whole time, I was defending, hunting, and of course, dying without fully understanding why. Then one day my father @Brivius said to me, "you know, you're not wearing armour" Damned if he wasnt right! The next month I  went out and bought another set of armour at sacred steel. It wasnt until I checked the armour list that I realized I had armour and a shield all along! Now I had 2 sets of mail. one of which was totally unneeded. That's so Araeus! Top that!
    Challenge accepted!

I married @Mindry.
    ^ Winner. /thread

• Artefact tradeins. Never again.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    I don't actually regret trading in 15k worth of arties but I do miss my shinies.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Trying to pay @Kyrra for gigantic amounts of comms she randomly dumped on me in first encounter. :/

• Not sure if this counts, but when I was a young bardlet learning to alias, I decided to make one that would tell my guildmates that I was going into the newsroom, then put me into the newsroom. I can't remember how the code went, but you'll get the gist: (obviously, £ is the command separator)

GNT I'm newsing£NEWS

Which was all good and well, until I named the alias NEWS.

Think I took out an entire bardlet hunting party, with one logging out never to return :'(
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • Alynna's first two marriages.
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Sylvance said:
    Not sure if this counts, but when I was a young bardlet learning to alias, I decided to make one that would tell my guildmates that I was going into the newsroom, then put me into the newsroom. I can't remember how the code went, but you'll get the gist: (obviously, £ is the command separator)

GNT I'm newsing£NEWS

Think I took out an entire bardlet hunting party, with one logging out never to return :'(
    @Sylvance so you basically made an alias that infinitely looped "GNT I'm newsing" without any delay inbetween?
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Tharvis said:
    Sylvance said:
    Not sure if this counts, but when I was a young bardlet learning to alias, I decided to make one that would tell my guildmates that I was going into the newsroom, then put me into the newsroom. I can't remember how the code went, but you'll get the gist: (obviously, £ is the command separator)

GNT I'm newsing£NEWS

@Sylvance so you basically made an alias that infinitely looped "GNT I'm newsing" without any delay inbetween?
    Yeah, it was carnage. Plus I didn't know how to switch it off.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Roulette
  • Telling @Harmonia that I felt uncomfortable killing young manticores....
  • FitzFitz Fire and Spice
    Anaidiana said:

Was Steward of Shallam (before Carri! Gasp!) 

Borknagar was Treasurer

He complained that I wasn't around often/fast enough to transfer gold. 

Aided him. 

Aaaaaaaaaand that's how Shallam got robbed. -_- 
    I remember that.

• Being a lowbie serpent (Which I was never good at anyway) and trying to 1v1 @Wulfen in Jaru without saying anything on CT. I think he ended up getting a raiding party into the city that way. Naturally he waved a hand at me and I died.

I'm sure there's bunches more but that's the only one I can think of at the moment.
  • AlcinaeAlcinae AFK
    edited April 2014

Alexandre said:
    Draqoom said:
    Araeus said:
    I'll start this one off right. I once bought armour (22,500 gold) and a shield (9500 gold) from Sacred Steel. I then immediately forgot to wear the armour, or wield the shield. I walked around for 30 months just carrying them. The whole time, I was defending, hunting, and of course, dying without fully understanding why. Then one day my father @Brivius said to me, "you know, you're not wearing armour" Damned if he wasnt right! The next month I  went out and bought another set of armour at sacred steel. It wasnt until I checked the armour list that I realized I had armour and a shield all along! Now I had 2 sets of mail. one of which was totally unneeded. That's so Araeus! Top that!
    Challenge accepted!

I married @Mindry.
    I let @Mindry bloodline Alexandre as his mother. :P
    Hello, blood-brother. :P

I guess we won the thread?

• Not on coop, but giving away thousands of credits of stuff I stole on my alt because I was "quitting Achaea" and not getting it back.

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    I herped when I should've derped.

Then that one time I did the thing.

And probably when I took @Draekar as my mentor. Dude was never around! !! (love you Draebb.)
  • Isera said:
    Telling @Harmonia that I felt uncomfortable killing young manticores....
    Telling @Harmonia anything you are uncomfortable with or do not wish to do..or prancing around like a dimwit will just end up you dying horribly. She does enjoy her torture!

• Okay so there is a ton to chose from for Taraza (Which most people will agree with) so picking one thing out is rather complicated. 

Hrm, probably agreeing to attempt to get knighted whenever I am not good at combat. Hey I try, but I know I'm terrible and it's something I'm attempting to work on. 

Also agreeing to attempt to get dragon. I am sorry but mindless bashing just does not appeal to me..plus the spam screws with my head after having a nasty concussion. 

Hrm.. Most definitely marrying a few people that were overly dramatic and caused more drama (Ew). 

Joining Hashan was a terrible decision. 

Uh...

Becoming a member of the jester class and CIJ whenever I do not have a fantastic sense of humor and quite frankly I have found only amusing whenever I am completely serious which is bizarre. 

Oh oh and the lovely days of not having a veil and vodun travel and traveling to those in the middle of a raid like to Tanris and Poergh..Oops? 

Let's see... as Messiah of the Damned, I spent too many credits and should have stopped that, but I didn't.. Sorry @Zii for you having to clean that crap up. (Learned that lesson well and true though) 

Ah well, at least I can laugh and learn from the dumb moments :D. It's a game afterall. No sense in raging, crying, or getting frustrated, mean to be fun. Soo I tend to just laugh and learn from the bad moments with Taraza. 

• Caladbolg said:
    Class switching 500 times, Switching back to Blademaster everytime I got mad I died.

Worst thing i've done was go magi and drop retard on my raiding party. (We all died)

This is why im not allowed to be magi anymore.
    @Mithridates should heed your wisdom.

@Draekar We don't talk about the dumbest things I did man. Also, yeah, you and your weird opposite side of the earth stuff.
  • Daslin said:
    @Draekar We don't talk about the dumbest things I did man. Also, yeah, you and your weird opposite side of the earth stuff.
    The file is as big as it is entertaining, but don't worry it is well classified under Mentor-Protege privilege! Sadly there are an equal number of files on the dumb things Draekar has done, so we can call it even.

Also living in middle earth is awesome!
    @Draekar lol. God man, I'll admit, I kinda miss those times, but all my dumb decisions? Shit. Least I never went full Varick.
  • CaoimhaenCaoimhaen Targossas
    Im not sure. Um...becoming an occultist and joining the spirit walkers? That was pretty dumb but rp sort of balanced out the stupidity. Missing to hashan ct about achimrst telling me the forest would take hashan and Lady @Ourania being around to make a snarky comment. I am so shocked no one jumped down my throat about about maybe being friends with @Achimrst‌ . Lol then there is when I was a blademaster and thought i had to what is it..position my scabbard either whenever i attacked or..signed in. Then there was the time i couldnt figure out why i couldnt impale as i did a double break and struck neck for paralysis. Bleh...oh and then there was the time i acted tough as a mark with only one trans skill and i didnt have tumble or evade. I acted tough to @Arkius‌ and he came and walled me in and set off a halocaust(sp) bomb and killed me. Hrm..then the time I threw a knife at someone at crossroads when i just joined hashan again. Then the time i jump kickes @Milenka‌ for using dragon breath on me playfully. Surprised she didnt kill me...