PKing - Improvements

12346»

Comments

• You're free to utilise mechanics changes however you so choose. We're not going to tell you you can do something a certain way and that way only (although there will obviously be optimal ways to use said mechanics). I'm pretty confident in the playerbases ability to think of things we overlooked during testing. If they didn't we'd not need periodic classleads.

Just as an aside, being an amazing one v one combatant isn't necessarily what's looked for when ACC applications come in (although its only going to help your case). Objectivity and a general knowledge across class mechanics is more useful, as its generally applicable to more of the issues that the groups input is needed for. Of course, the second of those two generally comes with being a good fighter, so there's some natural intersect.

Just to put some concerns to rest though, we're pretty big on retaining serpents unique identity. They'll not get turned into an apostate clone.

• StrataStrata United States of Derp
    Daeir said:
    That is a huge deal for a class which chained illusions with their core attack. It's asinine to suggest otherwise.
    It's apostate with phase and snipe instead of a kickass Balzadeen to do things for us. It's asinine to think otherwise.
    I'd gladly sacrifice all of hypnosis for beckon. Then we'd be phasing+sniping+guardstack griefing serpostates of dooooooooom!!! mwahahahah.
  • WessuxWessux Chattanooga
    Daeir said:

I do want to say though, the people arguing that Serpents did not lose "much" with the pending illusion death are absolutely delusional. It's a huge loss. Can you still lock people without them? Probably, but it's a fair bit harder, or more contingent on RNG overall.

The breadth of strategies that clever illusion use afforded are now dead and gone, presumably forever, with only a hollow shell of tactical stratagems left in their wake.

That is a huge deal for a class which chained illusions with their core attack. It's asinine to suggest otherwise.

You can lock without illusions. As always it comes down to timing and watching how they react to your attacks.

Most serpents couldn't use illusions well with updates to things like svo anti illusion and other system advances.

It's still a big lose because that was a cool skill and could be used for some neat things.
    Invest in a 9mm retirement plan.
    edited April 2014
    Strata said:

Daeir said:

It's apostate with phase and snipe instead of a kickass Balzadeen to do things for us. It's asinine to think otherwise.
    I'd gladly sacrifice all of hypnosis for beckon. Then we'd be phasing+sniping+guardstack griefing serpostates of dooooooooom!!! mwahahahah

If you sacrificed all of your hypnosis for beckon you would never kill anyone in 1v1. At best you could try to mana lock someone. At worst you could backstab doublestab delph. If that doesn't work go home to Ashtan, try again in 10 minutes or so.
  • Comparing serpent to apostate just because of the loss of illusions is pretty funny. :P A more accurate comparison would be Knights with specified passive impatience/addiction/confusion/disrupt, scytherus and passive loki. I appreciate the loss of sileris illusions, but it'd be wise to wait for what the classleads bring you before the doom and gloom outlook. 
  • How is that different to how it used to be with illusions?
    Jovolo said:

How is that different to how it used to be with illusions?

^Gets it
  • Strata said:
    This is all the announcement said: - All forms of passive curing will attempt to cure the VOYRIA affliction first. (from announce #4003)

That's the information the rest of sapience is going by. We don't have access to the authoritative theory and discussion that took place regarding the matter.
    Just to mention it: the announcement isn't the only information available to the general public. There's also the classlead that led to it, which contained the sentence: "Voyria is close to the most easily cured afflictions of all, which means that this functionality would mainly be of use after a person is locked and voyria would have to be re-given any time such a healing ability fired."
    Jovolo said:
    Comparing serpent to apostate just because of the loss of illusions is pretty funny. :P A more accurate comparison would be Knights with specified passive impatience/addiction/confusion/disrupt, scytherus and passive loki. I appreciate the loss of sileris illusions, but it'd be wise to wait for what the classleads bring you before the doom and gloom outlook. 
    I'm sure you do appreciate the loss of sileris illusions. I know the theory behind it was a little too nerve-wracking for you and a simple flay/bite is much easier. Flay is about 1.5s, and a bite is... however much much faster it is now that bites have been sped up to make us feel better. They've been sped up so we can get in maybe 1 extra bite after flay? It's pretty awesome. Now when someone shields after 1 or 2 dstabs, we can waste ~1.5s flaying sileris while they heal shit, and then bite 3-4 times before sileris comes back up!

Hehe wait a second... what am I even talking about. Screw all of this. Serpent is supposed to be an archer only. If you want 1v1... monk.
  • Loss of illusion for serpent? Ah, great let's take away the one characteristic that brings a bit of flavour and originality and a fair test of how well a person can use the class.

Sucks, really.

Also too many good serpents arguing here with too many good arguments so I fear my marginal concerns will be glossed over, being a noone, now.

Jarrel-smalljpg

Jarrel said:
    Loss of illusion for serpent? Ah, great let's take away the one characteristic that brings a bit of flavour and originality and a fair test of how well a person can use the class.

Sucks, really.

Also too many good serpents arguing here with too many good arguments so I fear my marginal concerns will be glossed over, being a noone, now.
    Come back @Jarrel, we're a new class called Serpostate now. You'll love it!
  • has it happened already?

Jarrel-smalljpg

Jarrel said:
    has it happened already?
    Will keep you posted when it does. I'll message you with a list of all our new abilities... actually here let me just give it to you now so you're ready for it.

AB SERPOSTATEFUGE
    Abilities in Serpostatefuge:
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Rattle                     Knowledge of the coded Serpostate Lord tongue.
    Hide                       Conceal yourself from view.
    Evade                     Misleading your pursuer.
    Snipe                     The ability to sharpshoot.
    Phase                    Alter your status in space-time itself.
    Pentagrams            Sketch an infernal pentagram, in blood. <-- this one is important.
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    edited April 2014
    Rip said:
    Greetings, 

First, I started this discussion to talk about Player Killing, what it means and how to make it more enjoyable Role Playing experience and less of a OOC rant.

Second, I am sorry, I find Hunting and Questing boring, the reason is, because when I was young here, I couldn't hunt or quest at all because I was constantly hunted and killed.  You would probably be in shock to know that I have read about 10 actual room descriptions in my entire time playing Achaea.  That's how much I had to run and survive this place.  It's in my blood, so I am not used to the lazy walk around, hunt without a care attitude ok?  If I go hunting, I am ALWAYS on guard, never feel safe, and constantly worried ANYONE is going to attack me at any moment, hence why being a Mark appeals to me.
    What's a room description?

Antonius said:
    I think the primary intention with voyria is that you use it to prevent passive curing getting somebody out of a lock you've already secured while you finish them off, so they can't sip immunity at that point anyway.

I thought it was for killing newbies with out a system. in all seriousness Voyria should be remade to something more useful combat wise, The only thing I can think of Voyria being useful for are possibley aeon/retard (to get them to cure it over other things) and to bypass starburst to get double kills on someone.