• Where is my electric mood? :(
  • Jukilian said:

Where is my electric mood? :(

Silver Dragon!
  • edited April 2014
    Aehren said:
    Where is my electric mood? :(
    Silver Dragon!
    But there's already Wind, Fire, Water, and Ice moods.. Fire and Ice at least have dragon counterparts, so what's the harm in an electric one?

@Sarapis? :( I'm sad.

If it's not going to be put in, I'm not really that bothered. If it does though, I will likely buy it.
  • OuraniaOurania The Garden of the Gods
    Tesha said:
    Could we change worried?

From...

Adoption Messages                                                      (Active)
    You see   : The sky may actually be falling!
    Others see: Tesha glances up, looking worried.

Room LOOK                                                              (Active)
    Argent Artificer Tesha al Ashtad, Golden Justice is here looking worried.

Movement Messages                                                      (Active)
    Entering : Worried expression on her face, Tesha enters from the north.
    Exiting  : Tesha leaves to the southwest, looking worried.

SAY Messages                                                           (Active)
    You see   : You worriedly say, "Blah blah blah."
    Others see: Tesha worriedly says, "Blah blah blah."

SAY TO Messages                                                        (Active)
    You see   : You worriedly say to Haidion, "Blah blah blah."
    Rcpt sees : Tesha worriedly says to you, "Blah blah blah."
    Others see: Tesha worriedly says to Haidion, "Blah blah blah."

TELL Messages                                                          (Active)
    You see   : You worriedly tell Haidion, the Wanderer, "Blah blah blah."
    Others see: Tesha worriedly tells you, "Blah blah blah."

YELL Messages                                                          (Active)
    You see   : You worriedly yell, "Blah blah blah."
    Others see: Tesha worriedly yells, "Blah blah blah."

SHOUTing Voice                                                         (Active)
    You see   : You worriedly shout, "Blah blah blah."
    Others see: Tesha worriedly shouts, "Blah blah blah."

to...

Adoption Messages                                                      (Active)
    You see   : The sky may actually be falling!
    Others see: Tesha glances up, looking worried.

Room LOOK                                                              (Active)
    Argent Artificer Tesha al Ashtad, Golden Justice is here looking worried.

Movement Messages                                                      (Active)
    Entering : Worried expression on her face, Tesha enters from the north.
    Exiting  : Tesha leaves to the southwest, appearing slightly distressed.

SAY Messages                                                           (Active)
    You see   : You worriedly say, "Blah blah blah."
    Others see: Tesha worriedly says, "Blah blah blah."

SAY TO Messages                                                        (Active)
    You see   : You worriedly say to Haidion, "Blah blah blah."
    Rcpt sees : Tesha worriedly says to you, "Blah blah blah."
    Others see: Tesha worriedly says to Haidion, "Blah blah blah."

TELL Messages                                                          (Active)
    You see   : Concern evident in your tone, you tell Haidion, the Wanderer, "Blah blah blah."
    Others see: Concern evident in her tone, Tesha tells you, "Blah blah blah."

YELL Messages                                                          (Active)
    You see   : Voice laden with worry, you yell, "Blah blah blah."
    Others see: Voice laden with worry, Tesha yells, "Blah blah blah."

SHOUTing Voice                                                         (Active)
    You see   : Concerned distress conveyed clearly, Tesha shouts, "Blah blah blah."
    Others see: Conveying concerned distress clearly, you shout, "Blah blah blah."

Or something like that? Using Person worriedly does something in every line feels very repetitive. Same for all the others that have very similar lines for almost all of them? Coming up with new and different things for each one would be time consuming, but I'm certain a lot of people would happily chip in if you opened up a contest, you probably wouldn't even need a prize.
    Worried, distressed, and concerned are not the same thing. If you use all three for one mood (worry), then distressed and concerned cannot be created as a mood.

• @Ourania, while that's true, do you not agree that just taking an adverb, sticking it into the different lines and calling it a mood is lacking in creativity?

• OuraniaOurania The Garden of the Gods
    Isn't my call. :) Also, people keep suggesting new moods! It is appreciated.

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Shouldn't you be working on multiclass @Silas?  :-O
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Wysteria leaves, following Colgano.
    A swarm of bees flies off to the up.
    Colgano swaggers out to the up.

Have to say, not really a fan of these having enter / exit lines. A mood is more of a feeling and should be expressed by words and interaction, not by seeing someone walk past. Plus, the swagger one is stupid imho

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    I think I'm a fan of that, personally. I don't think we really need separate moods for every conceivable variation of an emotion (worried, concerned, distressed, etc), we just need broader moods that are worded in a way that can cover those variations.

I think folks suggest a lot of moods because they don't like the specific wording of the existing moods (i.e. "The Angry mood is lame, I'd rather have a 'simmering rage' mood."), so we end up with a lot of mood suggestions because folks are trying to tailor-make moods for their characters. But really, we don't need a "rage" mood if the "angry" mood can still get our point across.

-- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • I'm unsure. I mean, to me, angry and rage are different. When I'm angry, I wouldn't want to be raging around, and when I'm really upset, I don't want to be seen as merely angry.
  • edited April 2014
    Ideas:

1) Sell each mood as a triumvirate. So, you buy the Neurotic set which allows you to assign 'nervous/fidgety/worried' to your outputs as you please (i.e., it's customizable), including the ability to set them to random,

b) You could have a base cost associated with the set, with the choice to buy/quest for extra ones that are compatible with the set

2) Make a rich-man's/poor-man's split between complex (e.g. Neurotic set) and simple (Surprised; see Ekman's basics) emotions. That way you get the best of both worlds.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • Or allow custom moods to be purchased subject to strict policing before implementation. I'm a huge fan of the concept of moods, but I feel like I know several talented writers (myself included) that could do a better job making them more subtle, and less caricatures of moods. 

• We might sell custom moods at some point, but they'd be pretty expensive.
  • Custom moods sound like a good idea.

I don't know if it's been suggested, but since there's fire, wind, and water moods, then earth and spirit sound like natural extrapolations.

Also, since there's "shadow," a Light mood for the followers of the Bloodsworn.
  • OceanaOceana North Sea
    Aalm said:
    Custom moods sound like a good idea.

I don't know if it's been suggested, but since there's fire, wind, and water moods, then earth and spirit sound like natural extrapolations.

Also, since there's "shadow," a Light mood for the followers of the Bloodsworn.
    Bright and Shiny?
  • JamethielJamethiel Adelaide
    edited April 2014

@sarapis Maybe broad mood sets where players could select X out of (X + N) random messages for the various things (where X may have a minimum as well).

SAY for happy may have:

Pete happily says...
    With a chirpy voice, Pete says...
    Gleefully Pete happily says...
    Pete excitedly says...

But somehow you only get to choose two. This way you might be able to get variation with less "prescriptive" moods.

Not following on from that example (because that would make sense!) you could have a generally "ANGRY" type mood set with various ways of saying/doing/telling and for newbies you could even come up with some predefined (so they don't sit there for 6 hours in wherever they get trained these days, I'm going to call it Loom, configuring moods instead of adventuring). But for bigger people, the Divine could even get a mood-set up such that with the right combinations it may look a little jarring (and bi-polar).

Pros: Lots more choice, could avoid repetition.
    Cons: Give the Divine so much more to do, badly implemented it could take a lot of server resources (but it wouldn't be badly implemented would it - I probably mean it would take more care to make sure that the system behaved itself than the no mix'n'match moods we have now), and people will still complain about what people can do with them (but really, whatever we do with them, now they're out of the bag to speak, someone is going to complain); so the biggest against is it sounds like a lot more work.

But seeing as it's been hinted You've been helped by others with some of the moods, and really we Achaeans are a creative bunch, You could possibly do "something" to encourage us to help.

ed. Damned typos!
  • Jovolo said:
    How can a mood even be Fire, or Water or Shadow or Light...
    A literal mood can't, but of course, this is a game system, not a dictionary definition.
  • edited April 2014
    @Sarapis , @Tecton

A bit to add, if you don't mind... Some people have expressed discomfort with something like a person crackling with lightning as he or she talks because that should be left to the Divine. Fire, Water, Wind, Earth and Spirit, as well as philosophy-oriented moods such as Light, Shadow, etc., can be useful in rituals performed by those possessing them, or adding RP to relevant skills like Rite of Prayer. People in the course of rituals or other magical happenings regarding the elements or their religions do that all the time through illusions, reflexed prayers attached to particular skills, etc. A mage about to drop Holobombs might do a clever witticism in the Fire element. I am not sure that would be great for combat because it's announcing your action, but if the mood is reflexively turned on for that and turned off after, I think it's great RP. So, I think even people opposed to their use constantly might find them extremely useful occasionally and thus worth having for that reason.
  • CylaCyla Yggdrasil
    It's most likely already been covered, but I'm too lazy to look through and check. Perhaps we could get giddy, humble, and something along the lines of studious? I think studious would be kind of neat and could eventually be kind of "code for busy". Such as "Cyla tells you studiously, "Learning to sail at the moment!".

(Party): Marcalo says, "You will want hypno in place."

(Party): Marcalo says, "When you attempt this lock."

(Party): Marcalo says, "So as to make it roughsex."

• With the config moods off, could the says be left on? You cannot see the mood says with an accent/voice, so you have a choice between them and the mood, which is a shame if you don't know if people will see the mood voice.
  • Accipiter said:
    With the config moods off, could the says be left on? You cannot see the mood says with an accent/voice, so you have a choice between them and the mood, which is a shame if you don't know if people will see the mood voice.
    Nothx.

@Sarapis thank you for the mood config off. I no longer have to watch @Colgano swagger out to the ether. Whatever that means. 
    It means something like this, I'd imagine!

• @Sarapis: That's far too understated to be the swagger mood.
  • @Jarrod Probably not going to be a big priority to do something like that.
  • HerenicusHerenicus The Western Front
    The black dragon mood, like Doggy Fizzle Televizzle or a Waffle House menu, leans a little hard on the word "sizzle."