Classleads

Comments

• edited April 2014
    I have a fail safe system for fighting sylvans: Don't. 

All right, not at all trying to brag, but I'm a computer science major who has been deep into Achaean combat for a very longer time, and my humble self-assessment at lua coding is: "I'm awesome.".   I still am not in that "10%", however, because I still can't figure out how to not die to heartseed literally every time it is used on me. 

@Vadimuses, I agree with your post in its entirety, except that I think a better estimate of the amount of the playerbase capable of reliably curing heartseed would be 1 to 2%. 

However:  I am currently working with server curing to see if I can make the problem a little easier, in the new world of illusion-free combat. Should be considerably more manageable.
  • WessuxWessux Chattanooga
    Ernam said:

All right, not at all trying to brag, but I'm a computer science major who has been deep into Achaean combat for a very longer time, and my humble self-assessment at lua coding is: "I'm awesome.".   I still am not in that "10%", however, because I still can't figure out how to not die to heartseed literally every time it is used on me. 

@Vadimuses, I agree with your post in its entirety, except that I think a better estimate of the amount of the playerbase capable of reliably curing heartseed would be 1 to 2%. 

However:  I am currently working with server curing to see if I can make the problem a little easier, in the new world of illusion-free combat. Should be considerably more manageable.
    Tumble
    Invest in a 9mm retirement plan.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    I've fought a few people, people even less artefacted than I was, who I had a fairly difficult time beating because they understood ways to avoid heartseed. I also suck and am still learning a lot pretty much every time I spar, but it is entirely doable to survive heartseed. This is also ignoring things like, hindering us to the point where a setup takes ages, as well as other techniques that make me rage.

So much rage.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    I can handle the Heartseed most of the time, just not your damage!
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
    @Melodie‌ Now double that rage for people who just live through a dsb sometimes, coupled with a prep time that is 2 to 4 times as long depending on the opponent. Only then can you know true rage.
  • Ernam said:

Loooool, no. As has been explained to you time and time again, Heartseed is simple enough to avoid. It's even easier than Vivisect most of the time, as vinewreathe lasts for such a hilariously short amount of time that you can pretty much just parry torso and win.

It's the straight DPS that is the problem.

• Could someone classlead that Jera idea that came up a while back?  I'm out of classleads =(.  The idea was to add a +1 Con/Dex and a +1 Con/Int rune, for non-strength based classes.
    Ernam said:

Could someone classlead that Jera idea that came up a while back?  I'm out of classleads =(.  The idea was to add a +1 Con/Dex and a +1 Con/Int rune, for non-strength based classes.
    Hate it, hope the idea burns in Deucalion‌'s pyre.
  • Daeir said:
    Deucalion's pyre is reserved for chaos-loving heathens. Bad ideas go to Silas' inbox instead.
    IS THIS WHY WE HAVEN'T SEEN MULTICLASS YET?!

*weep*
    [2:41:24 AM] Kenway: I bet you smell like evergreen trees and you could wrestle boreal mammals but they'd rather just cuddle you
  • Ok, so before I mention my idea I'm going to acknowledge the fact that I know next to nothing about the workings and balancing of things. So if it's not a good idea, just let me know why without being an ass. Thanks.

After reading Leviticus classlead on the speed of Mind Locks, I had a thought. What if in room Mind Locks were instantaneous (perhaps at the cost of equilibrium?), but out of room locks either stayed as is or was changed as the admin felt needed. This would allow more of telepathy to be used in room for the monk, without it being abusable in ranged group combat. 
  • Most of Telepathy doesn't require a lock, in room, making that idea pretty pointless, except for chasing, I suppose.
  • edited April 2014
    The idea of speeding them up is good perhaps with range taken into account. But making it a set time would further make int-specialized Monks less necessary unless it stacked with higher intelligence. I just feel as though we're being phased out. Still waiting on my prev classlead to be implemented, though.
  • So many classleads. Totally skipped most of them.
  • AktillumAktillum Philippines
    5 pages about Sylvans. OP dmg plz nerf, we get it. Let's discuss more important classleads, like these:

ID D Submitter       Ability         Problem        
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    137 S Aktillum        Giraffes        Balloon giraffes currently only come in
    148 S Aktillum        Pursue          Dragons can not follow their targets whi
    166 S Aktillum        Earrings        Earrings are currently owned by only 1 p
    198 S Aktillum        Damage kills    HocusPocus is a staple of Jester combat
    200 S Aktillum        Devil stacks    The effects of the Devil card wear off e
    201 S Aktillum        Wheel of fortun Wheel of Fortune isn't really used excep
    202 S Aktillum        Death from abov Balloons are handy for escaping, but the
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    This has to be one of the largest classlead seasons ever, with over 300 reports. I know it's one of the largest I've ever seen, period. It's terrifying, and I'm trying to sort through all of them but good lord.

Random question - How many endorsements/censures do we (non-ACC members) get?
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • I'm just super upset I'm on a rather tall giraffe and a monk decides to go Bruce Lee and levitate to my level and sweep kicks me off of it.

Or I lose purchase on my chariot. I just want one skill that makes monk a bit easier on me. I'm too poor for trans riding and a collar. :(
  • Jovolo said:
    Ernam said:

Loooool, no. As has been explained to you time and time again, Heartseed is simple enough to avoid. It's even easier than Vivisect most of the time, as vinewreathe lasts for such a hilariously short amount of time that you can pretty much just parry torso and win.

It's the straight DPS that is the problem.
    Vinewreathe lasts for a solid 20 seconds. With quickwitted+diadem and no hindering, that's a 3-limb prep right there.
  • Irrelevent when taken into account witg Heartseed survivability which is what was being discussed, though.
  • I was just addressing your "parry torso and win" statement
  • Against heartseed
  • Hey, I liked that mana-leech suggestion, @Daeir.

Why'd you delete the mana-leech part :(

• Ernam said:
    Most of Telepathy doesn't require a lock, in room, making that idea pretty pointless, except for chasing, I suppose.
     There are a few skills that are extremely important that takes a mind lock to complete. Mind Blackout, Crush, Throw, Travel (they go over a wall and you don't have leap/mount), strip, isolate. All these are pretty important.
  • Antonius said:
    There would be fewer classleads to go through if people looked at what was already there before filing their own.
    True, but many people have different solutions to each classlead. Add an ability for someone to add their 3 solutions to an already submitted classlead would do wonders.
  • Jovolo said:
    Against heartseed
    You don't parry torso and win against heartseed :o

You don't even have torso prioritized and win against heartseed (which is not something you mentioned, but something that many people seem to think!). Of course, that's not to say it's not needed, or parrying torso isn't needed, but it's similar to saying you require restore against vivisect - you also need to play intelligently.

Sure, you can avoid a heartseed setup if you have torso prioritized, but if you want to bring it to the essentials all you need is restoration and win.
  • Yes you do, though.

Unless they invest 850 credits on a Diadem to bypass vinewreathe wearing off and standing up/shielding/flying/parry torso stopping their strategy, in which case alternate curing is needed. Who cares, Heartseed is fine. 

If you think "Prioritising torso" will save you from heartseed, then you don't understand how surviving (a properly set-up) heartseed works.

• Jovolo said:
    Yes you do, though.

Unless they invest 850 credits on a Diadem to bypass vinewreathe wearing off and standing up/shielding/flying/parry torso stopping their strategy, in which case alternate curing is needed. Who cares, Heartseed is fine. 

If you think "Prioritising torso" will save you from heartseed, then you don't understand how surviving (a properly set-up) heartseed works.

You say that you do parry torso and win, yet highlight a case - a common one, at that - where you don't win when you parry torso?

I don't understand your logic.