Magic: The Gathering

Comments

• I used to play during Revised Edition to Ice Age. I had a black deck based on rats, quite fun to play. I gave up afterward.

I recently bought Duel of the Planewalkers on PS3, which was really fun. I would clearly had stick to it if they allowed real deckbuilding.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    You can build decks on the PC version at least, I think.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• I do not have a PC. And aye, it is the reason invoked for not allowing it on the console versions. They fear it could make the PC version less popular... 

But wait... Isn't it the same company? And the players would only switch of plateform? So... They refuse to get some new console players only to keep the PC players on their PC and prevent them to buy the game a second time on the PS3/Xbox?

I see the logic in it.
  • someone should shout poor boy ben magic 2014 ;)

but anyway anyone who wants to add me my steam name is Ben_J_webster
    so i randomly decided to look through all my old cds..... and BAM got this off my cousin in like 2005...
  • Shirszae said:
    I've always wanted to play, same as I've always wanted to play paper&pen roleplaying games, but sadly such things are not very popular in my country. Would quite like it if anyone teaches me to play online.
    Send me a PM Shirszae and I can put you in touch with my Google Tabletop Roleplaying Hangout groups. There are games going daily from all different genre's that you play via webcam with a group of people. It's pretty cool. I have 279 people in my online tabletop group.
    ~
    You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
    Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.
  • ValdusValdus Australia
    Just bought the Steam version last night for $9.99. It's fun!

Viva la Bluef.
  • ValdusValdus Australia
    Lol @Katzchen why didn't you tell me how addictive this is. On top of staying up far too late playing this, I've been buying the Foil conversions for each deck as I get them. They're so pretty I can't help myself!

Viva la Bluef.
  • Valdus said:
    Lol @Katzchen why didn't you tell me how addictive this is. On top of staying up far too late playing this, I've been buying the Foil conversions for each deck as I get them. They're so pretty I can't help myself!
    Have you spotted the expansion pack yet? :P (At least they're cheap :D)

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• ValdusValdus Australia
    At $4.99 it was a steal!

Viva la Bluef.
  • I always found hitting someone for yu-gi-oh damage in MTG to be more satisfying than doing it with infinite. 

I played up until my last deck got stolen. I haven't had the money to replace it yet.
  • edited October 2013
    "Inhale life. Exhale pain."

-- still the best quote I've read from an MTG card.
  • ZiiZii
    edited October 2013
    People would bow before my deck.

(tap and target creature dies)
    Sadistic Glee x2
    (+2/+2 token for each creature sent to the graveyard)
    Keldon Warlord
    (Att/Def = the amount of creatures in play)
    Sengir Vampire
    (+2/+2 token for each creature slain by Sengir Vampire)

EDIT: Forgot my legend card, Ehron the Relentless.  Pay and tap to revive from graveyard.
    *Animated Signature*

• Started unlocking some decks on 2014. If anyone wants to add me on steam and play, my username is katzchenlied.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• As an Ancient Yavimaya (an  Alliances card) I find that if anything MTG has gotten much quicker since I came back then what it was when I went on hiatus from 2001-2009. Addicting becuase it has everything to do with Tinker this, try that, and tweak every which way to Saturday.

I at one point was a competent hand at Type II , but that was more than fifteen years ago, My all time favorite deck was either a rogue version White weenie deck splashing just enough blue as to not get totally wrecked by Wildfire Emissary (mirage uncommon vintage 1997), that took me to a semifinal at, at the time was the strongest store in my area,  or white black tempest block deck (vintage 1998) running massive amounts of removal, and ridiculous amounts of life gain, which was both fun to play and given some weird dynamics in the environment, eminently playable.

favorite lines from each,  "Karma hacked to Islands, I don't think you get out of upkeep, " "He can't play Hat(red)."

I still play occasionally because of the tinker, let's see how this works factor. it is weird, that for the most part I am of an age that I could be most of the players I play against's father.

• ValdusValdus Australia
    Katzchen said:
    Started unlocking some decks on 2014. If anyone wants to add me on steam and play, my username is katzchenlied.
    Yes! Me too! Just add me and feel free to offer to play. I'm terrible and haven't started customizing my own decks, but it'll be fun! Steam ID is Motrax

Viva la Bluef.
  • Does it let you build type I and II?
    ~
    You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
    Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.
  • ZiiZii
    edited October 2013
    I thought this was going to be about the card game, not some canned decks.

My bad.

EDIT: Does 2014 let you be the Archenemy in the 3v1 mode?
    *Animated Signature*

• If anyone wants to download Cockatrice and have a game that would be awesome! I'm only just getting into Magic, and I have a few of my real-life decks built on the program to play around with, but I get absolutely wrecked most of the time because the guys on Cockatrice have ridiculous decks and the skills to match them. 

So if anyone wants to have a few noob matches on there, hit me up!
  • I've been playing magic since 93 because I'm old and a terrible nerd. I'm not as for it as I used to be because I'm just not francis enough to care about optimization over lulz. Well, that and it gets dull heading to the local card shop to play 15 hipsters with the same internet blue deck. I recently picked up some magic online after I shamefully realized I had more than one hundred thousand physical cards. I'd be down to play some web games for funsies.

• edited April 2014
    I sold my collection for about $4.5k about 2 years back.  Had power nine and like 20-30 original dual lands, along with a crap-ton of the old "restricted" stuff.  I really miss it, playing magic was a lot of fun.

I quit because they were over-simplifying the game, and getting rid of the old-fashioned, vintage feel of the game.  Not too unlike Achaea, coincidentally.   @IRE Let's not pull a Wizard's of the Coast, please?
  • edited April 2014
    How the effing eff did you only get 4.5k for the power nine? Was your BL used as a napkin for 10 years?

Also bailed out of Magic when I got poor. I only have 1 deck left. A 240 card white/black Yawgmoth's Bargain/Necropotence deck. It's hilarious.
  • (He's a compulsive liar)

• Hayte said:
    How the effing eff did you only get 4.5k for the power nine? Was your BL used as a napkin for 10 years?

Also bailed out of Magic when I got poor. I only have 1 deck left. A 240 card white/black Yawgmoth's Bargain/Necropotence deck. It's hilarious.

Most of them were pretty heavily used, when I got them.  I bought the cheapest ones I could get, for amateur tournie play.
  • WeiWei Monterey, California
    I used to have a decent collection, but I sold the whole thing to a friend a few years back. The cool thing is, we still play, but he lets me use his cards to build decks, so I get all the fun, with none of the expense!
  • Yeah, I still love to get nice and baked and play magic.  I just can't let my girlfriend find out.

• pfft, moxen. Back in my day we used to rip those up playing iron man magic or trade them for gauntlets of might. Mmmmmmmmmm mighty

• TohranTohran Everywhere you don't want to be. I'm the anti-Visa!

I played for 20 years, started at Beta when I was 6. I stopped right  before Theros came out. I collect the Legendary cards nowadays. Used to be a guru back when that program existed. Played white/green mostly. 

• WeiWei Monterey, California

Dude, Theros is awesome. Why would you quit now?

• Me and a friend constructed this white life-gain deck that splashes black for a bit of control and it's so fun to play with. I went 10 - 2 with it at a local modern tournament, so it does well in competition too. Wouldn't mind any suggestions for it at all

x10 Plains, x4 Swamp, x4 Temple of Silence, x2 Emeria, The Sky Ruin, x2 Orzhov Guildgate.

x4 Ajani's Pridemate, x4 Divinity of Pride, x4 Felidar Sovereign, x4 Martyr of Sands, x3 Soul Warden, x3 Soul's Attendant

x2 Sunspring Expedition

x2 Mortify

x2 Castigate, x2 Inquisition of Kozilek, x4 Lingering Souls, x2 Spectral Procession, x2 Oust

x2 Chalice of Life.

My favourite deck for sure though is my red deck. So cost effective and so fun to play with (like all red decks). My proudest moment has to be it overwhelming a friend's ridiculously expensive green/blue deck. You can imagine the kind of crazy cards in that, and then just his face after :smiley: 

x23 Mountain

x3 Chandra's Pheonix, x4 Hellrider, x4 Young Pyromancer

x2 Brimstone Volley, x4 Lightning Bolt, x4 Searing Spear

x4 Burn at the stake, x4 Krenko's Command, x4 Molten Birth, x4 Pillar of Flame