Moods - Suggest new ones

Comments

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    @Sarapis, will there possibly be custom moods available at a price? Even if it's just one? I'm trying to decide if I want to buy the Ice one, or if I should wait.

@Tharvis, that'd be an awesome idea!
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    also @Sarapis there seems to be a typo in the Wind mood, somebody already reported it but probably faster if already mentioned here : Others see: like the undulating breeze, Tharvis says, "Blah blah blah." The 'like' at the start of the line isn't capitalised, seems to annoy a few people out there as I've gotten repeated tells going "TYPOOOOOO"
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• AgriasAgrias Wisconsin
    edited April 2014
    Mood: MELODRAMATIC
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Adoption Messages                                                      (Active)
    You see   : You care. You care so much it hurts, sometimes.
    Others see: Throwing his hands up, Agrias gives an exaggerated sigh.

Room LOOK                                                              (Active)
    Sir Agrias de Feura, the Charlatan stands here with a look of extreme concern.

Movement Messages                                                      (Active)
    Entering : Agrias sighs loudly as he ambles in from the north.
    Exiting  : Agrias gasps theatrically and departs to the north.

SAY Messages                                                           (Active)
    You see   : Melodramatically, you say, "Blah blah blah."
    Others see: Melodramatically, Agrias says, "Blah blah blah."

SAY TO Messages                                                        (Active)
    You see   : Melodramatically, you say to Haidion, "Blah blah blah."
    Rcpt sees : Melodramatically, Agrias tells you, "Blah blah blah."
    Others see: Melodramatically, Agrias tells Haidion, "Blah blah blah."

TELL Messages                                                          (Active)
    You see   : Rife with melodrama, you tell Haidion, the Wanderer, "Blah blah blah."
    Others see: Agrias melodramatically tells you, "Blah blah blah."

YELL Messages                                                          (Active)
    You see   : You yell melodramatically, "Blah blah blah."
    Others see: Agrias yells melodramatically, "Blah blah blah"

SHOUTing Voice                                                         (Active)
    You see   : You melodramatically shout, "Blah blah blah."
    Others see: Agrias melodramatically shouts, "Blah blah blah"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, you're welcome, Achaean playerbase.
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    edited April 2014
    Can someone copy/paste the descriptions of the new moods? (please?)

To below: I'm at work, I can't or I would have :( but someone already pasted it for me (<3) so yay! Thrilled there's a shadow mood now and equally thrilled they kept my tell message. Can't wait to get home to try it out!
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• AgriasAgrias Wisconsin

Jurixe said:
    Can someone copy/paste the descriptions of the new moods? (please?)
    You can check them for yourself.  Just MOOD (NAME) SHOW

You can check them all if they're public/purchased.
  • I wonder if any Order members are already upset, since some of the moods seem to fit very well--even if they need some minor tweaking--but are for sale. >.< gdi shadow. So tempted. Trying to get an artefact I believe needs nerfed to hell/deleted so I can be a self-hating user of it, but then I want this.
  • Karai said:
    I wonder if any Order members are already upset, since some of the moods seem to fit very well--even if they need some minor tweaking--but are for sale. >.< gdi shadow. So tempted. Trying to get an artefact I believe needs nerfed to hell/deleted so I can be a self-hating user of it, but then I want this.
    Get things you like, not things you hate~
  • edited April 2014

Nim said:

Get things you like, not things you hate~
    Unless it is a veil. Always get a veil.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    You're too late, @Paik, the name of my next lol-alt is Melador, for obvious reasons.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • AgriasAgrias Wisconsin
    You're not being very Achaeanly, @Paik‌.

(I couldn't resist. Please don't hate me.)
  • The shadow mood is literally the best thing ever. Much love to whoever wrote it.

• Is there any way people can be forced to actually RP what mood they have set?

:(
    I think this new Shadow mood is @Twilight his plan to slowly brainwash the entire population to be his loyal slaves followers

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Tharvis said:
    also @Sarapis there seems to be a typo in the Wind mood, somebody already reported it but probably faster if already mentioned here : Others see: like the undulating breeze, Tharvis says, "Blah blah blah." The 'like' at the start of the line isn't capitalised, seems to annoy a few people out there as I've gotten repeated tells going "TYPOOOOOO"
    Yeeeeah that was me. You came to visit and I started twitching whenever you spoke. It's all fixed now!
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

Kyrra said:
    Tharvis said:
    Yeeeeah that was me. You came to visit and I started twitching whenever you spoke. It's all fixed now!
    I totally didn't keep that on just to make people twitch @Kyrra :-\"

• CaoimhaenCaoimhaen Targossas
    ...lol. I was twitching too. I was like. Um..Tharvis. you mood is making me twitch. The beginning of the sentence isnt capitalized!! Warg! FIX IT! *twitch*

Or..something to that effect...

• Paik said:
    === GEEK ALERT. DO NOT READ FURTHER IF YOU CANNOT HANDLE THE GEEK. ===

Moods are fun, yes. Thank you for this new feature! But please, in the excited rush to roll out new ones, don't hurt the English language. A graphics game can fail on sloppy visuals, and a text game can fail on sloppy prose.

Case in point: Person mellowly tells you...

"Mellowly" hasn't been a legitimate word since 1830-something when Alfred, Lord Tennyson used it to describe the word "clustereth." 
    The internet disagrees, as do multiple dictionaries!
  • OceanaOceana North Sea
    edited April 2014
    Disappointed.
    Exaggerating.
    Joking.
    Frivolous.
    Wandering.
    Writing/Studious.
    Secretive.
    Official.
    Diplomatic.
    Stubborn.
    Reflective/reminiscent.
    Melancholy.
  • OceanaOceana North Sea
    Talkative.
    Silent.
  • I would rock the dos equis mood

• Kayeil said:
    @Sarapis, will there possibly be custom moods available at a price? Even if it's just one? I'm trying to decide if I want to buy the Ice one, or if I should wait.

Maybe in the future, but they would not be cheap.
  • Perhaps if you could combine the dos equis and Marlboro moods. They go so well together

• edited April 2014
    Sarapis said:
    Paik said:
    === GEEK ALERT. DO NOT READ FURTHER IF YOU CANNOT HANDLE THE GEEK. ===

Moods are fun, yes. Thank you for this new feature! But please, in the excited rush to roll out new ones, don't hurt the English language. A graphics game can fail on sloppy visuals, and a text game can fail on sloppy prose.

Case in point: Person mellowly tells you...

"Mellowly" hasn't been a legitimate word since 1830-something when Alfred, Lord Tennyson used it to describe the word "clustereth." 
    The internet disagrees, as do multiple dictionaries!

Well, if it's internetly correct, then the debate is closed.

I see new standards developing here, cheaply and mass produced, achaeanly charming and inducively whispering of wealth.  Most importantly - profitly endearing.

• I can imagine a few harvester-gatherers taking on the Zynga mood :D
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• King(Candy Crush) - Pondering which game to blatantly copy and then sue after acquiring a stupid trademark, you say "I love trademark trolling."

• It would be interested to see if there would be any moods associated with the different cultures/cities as well. For example seeing a bouncing and frolicking Mhaldorian is quite unbecoming. Luckily for them I do have shiney new axes that do need more testing...

• @Taraza True, but also, let's not turn people or cultures into one-dimensional caricatures.