What rank is needed to be able to edit your posts beyond the 15 minute window at lower ranks?

AlkaidAlkaid Auckland, New Zealand
edited April 2014 in The Universal Membrane
Just curious, it is a bit irritating to have to make unnecessary multiple posts in a row (duplicate/triplicate posts being something heavily frowned upon in other forums because it pads out someones post count) just because you might have thought of something you wanted to change or add to a previous post, only to find the 15 minute window has passed.

If I could also make a suggestion to @Tecton and @Sarapis, is there any chance the timer could be extended to something like 60 minutes, or even the rank that you get the timer removed/extended (whichever it may be) lowered?  Generally you'd think that by the time someone reaches rank 3 or 4 on the forums, they are starting to show they have some level of credibility or desire to contribute.
All of our representatives are busy ignoring other customers. Please hold and someone will hang up on you as soon as they are available.

Best Answers

Answers

• I don't believe the edit timer is tied to rank.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • AlkaidAlkaid Auckland, New Zealand
    edited April 2014
    So there is still a 15 minute edit timer even at Legendary Achaean rank?

(The main reason I'm wondering is because there is a specific rank on the Lusternia forums where the edit timer disappears and you no longer have a limit on when you can edit your posts)
    All of our representatives are busy ignoring other customers. Please hold and someone will hang up on you as soon as they are available.
  • Oh, that's weird. It used to be 60 mins. Is this a Vanilla change, or can we go back to it?

• AlkaidAlkaid Auckland, New Zealand
    This is currently the setup on the Lusternia forums, just for reference:

You can create signatures at Novice rank or higher.  (Rank 2)

You can only edit your posts for one hour UNLESS you are rank Apprentice or higher (then you can edit anytime).  (Rank 3)

You can start polls at Capable rank or higher. (Rank 4)

You can customize titles at Transcendent rank. (Top rank - 11)

• That sounds cool. @Sarapis, @Tecton, why don't we have that?

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Custom title, yuuus.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • We lost the ability to edit within 60mins after we had the "Attach a file" option added in. Yes…I do notice these things…regardless it's a global setting and not tied to rank.
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• Tecton said:
    Vanilla Forums like to change our settings and upgrade things without any prior warning - I'll take a look at tweaking it (and other forum rank powers) when time permits!
    Dear god, I read that as twerking. Put a whole different spin on things.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • Tecton said:
    Vanilla Forums like to change our settings and upgrade things without any prior warning - I'll take a look at twerking it (and other forum rank powers) when time permits!
    Requesting video.